Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Uniforms
(01-17-2019, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I said "professional sports teams" not "football helmets".

Before that, I asked, who else has striped helmet because you made a big deal about no teams having black and white as their colors.  And black and white, by the way, is bad to the bone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:59 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL banned the tigers from the sidelines.  They cited safety concerns

With robotics they can now create a life-like bengal and have it roam around the sidelines and/or stadium in an out. Maybe even have a halftime ritual that is Tarzan-esque. Tongue 

Bengals Front Office, get on the phone with Silicon Valley and make it happen. Free advertising for a free impressive, high-tech Bengal. (yes, they can do the same for the lions, jaguars, etc. etc. can't say no to that $$$$) DingDing
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why so many professional sports teams have that combination as their team colors.

Like the,  .  .  . er,  .  .  uh,  .  .  .

White Sox, Yankees, Nets, Kings, etc. The list goes on. Black and white is simple and sleek. Our white color rush jerseys are hands down our best jersey.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:25 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: White Sox, Yankees, Nets, Kings, etc. The list goes on. Black and white is simple and sleek. Our white color rush jerseys are hands down our best jersey.

Yankees are navy blue and white, not black.

Agree about the color rush though. And they do have a touch of orange on them, which most people don’t seem to notice. The font is layered black over orange, and it’s really sharp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I really like the subtle Bengal stripes going through these jerseys.

[Image: 10872441665_18c963575e_k.jpg]

I dig the orange numbers on the white jersey. Definitely need black pants instead of those orange ones, though. Should probably lose the stripe pattern on the pants as well.

People should probably be a little careful about hoping for new uniforms, though... you know Nike would do something pretty wacky with them.
Reply/Quote
Found this...

[Image: ace1f532029503.566b28396b011.jpg]

The thicker stripes look pretty cool IMO, and I like the white along the bottom as well. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
The stripes look great. I would take the white off of there though. Stick to orange and black.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:21 AM)treee Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-riddell.jpg]

I like the reverse color and the white tiger options. Agree with the majority, gotta keep the stripes.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 12:13 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Found this...

The thicker stripes look pretty cool IMO, and I like the white along the bottom as well. Thoughts?

I like this helmet, can you switch the white to green, to give it a more jungle look?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:07 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I like this helmet, can you switch the white to green, to give it a more jungle look?

That would mess with the networks digital field graphics. Then the helmets would be yellow and black sometimes and we’d look like bumble bees.
Reply/Quote

I'm gonna have to pass.  Leave the stripes alone.  Just change the orange helmet to white for the color rush uniform. If you start messing with the stripes, then you start messing with something sacred.

I do like the idea of a reverse helmet though.  a black helmet with orange stripes.  that could be an interesting 2nd helmet to have. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why so many professional sports teams have that combination as their team colors.

Like the,  .  .  . er,  .  .  uh,  .  .  .

A trillion pages of black and white text in every library in the world can be wrong now can it? There MUST be some reason you just don't see great novels published on chrome paper with bright orange text.. Damned if I can figure it out..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 12:07 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I dig the orange numbers on the white jersey. Definitely need black pants instead of those orange ones, though. Should probably lose the stripe pattern on the pants as well.

People should probably be a little careful about hoping for new uniforms, though... you know Nike would do something pretty wacky with them.

I like the orange pant with white jersey. Specifically that shade of orange- which is something the team really needs to work on more than anything i think. Getting that orange perfect.

Reply/Quote

I like this.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:25 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: White Sox, Yankees, Nets, Kings, etc. The list goes on. Black and white is simple and sleek. Our white color rush jerseys are hands down our best jersey.

Our color rush jerseys are the Raiders away jerseys they've been wearing for over 50 years with the Bengals "B" logo on them and some bacon-looking waves on the sleeves.  I can't wrap my head around why people think these things are novel or exciting.

(01-18-2019, 02:13 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: That would mess with the networks digital field graphics. Then the helmets would be yellow and black sometimes and we’d look like bumble bees.

The high school where my gf is the assistant band director has football helmets that look like the Bengals helmets but are yellow and black.  Their mascot is the tiger but their colors are black and gold.  It's pretty odd.  Also, the helmet is black and the stripes are yellow...it's not as way cool as people around here seem to think an inverted helmet would be.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 10:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our color rush jerseys are the Raiders away jerseys they've been wearing for over 50 years with the Bengals "B" logo on them and some bacon-looking waves on the sleeves.  I can't wrap my head around why people think these things are novel or exciting.

It’s not about being novel or exciting. They’re just very sharp looking. The black sleeves and stripes make ours look nothing like the Raiders either. Plus the orange accents like the swoosh, and the layered font on the names.

Reply/Quote
We're already discussing new uniforms, and it's only conference championship weekend.

It's gonna be a loooooooooooong off-season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 02:53 AM)jason Wrote: We're already discussing new uniforms, and it's only conference championship weekend.

It's gonna be a loooooooooooong off-season.

Once they make the HC official, the boards will climax. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 03:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Once they make the HC official, the boards will climax. :andy:

Before inevitably collapsing yet again back into the uniform discussion, this board's annual post-coital cigarette.  Mmm, so satisfying.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[Image: gzOQ8tY.jpg]
Reply/Quote