Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Uniforms
(01-15-2019, 12:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That was before the NFL implemented the one-helmet rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice if they wore them this year or not, but don't the Eagles and Packers were different helmets with their throwback unis? When did this rule come along, because those yellow Steelers helmets weren't that long ago... I'm getting old, so I could be wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:01 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't notice if they wore them this year or not, but don't the Eagles and Packers were different helmets with their throwback unis? When did this rule come along, because those yellow Steelers helmets weren't that long ago... I'm getting old, so I could be wrong.

The helmet rule was implemented in 2013.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I really like the subtle Bengal stripes going through these jerseys.

[Image: 10872441665_18c963575e_k.jpg]

Yeah i really like those a lot. Best i have seen i think. Going to need a black jersey with white pants option.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Except that a Bengal tiger is orange with black stripes, not black with orange stripes.....

They're also not that color of orange, if we're being pedantic.  People look past that, they can look past a black helmet, especially when they get their white and black helmet in the bargain.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They're also not that color of orange, if we're being pedantic.  People look past that, they can look past a black helmet, especially when they get their white and black helmet in the bargain.

Didn't the Bengals have a black and white tiger on the field for every game for years?  Benzoo, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:50 AM)Millhouse Wrote: [Image: 8-CINCINNATI.jpg]

Man I hate the B. I'm going to get it going here. I would absolutely love the black and white uni and yes also the helmet. I think they are awesome looking, hands down best in sports. If I owned the team I would probably suck cause that is the first thing I would change.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:58 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't the Bengals have a black and white tiger on the field for every game for years?  Benzoo, right?

They did, because Cincy Zoo had a White Tiger exhibit. Not sure why they stopped bringing the big cats to the stadium, I'm sure some PETA, weed eating snowflake threw a hissy....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They did, because Cincy Zoo had a White Tiger exhibit. Not sure why they stopped bringing the big cats to the stadium, I'm sure some PETA, weed eating snowflake threw a hissy....

So, in other words, black and white helmets would be completely appropriate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:32 PM)McC Wrote: So, in other words, black and white helmets would be completely appropriate.

Appropriate if you want the most boring color scheme in the league.

"Cincinnati Zebras" sounds really exciting if you still have a black-and-white television.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Appropriate if you want the most boring color scheme in the league.

"Cincinnati Zebras" sounds really exciting if you still have a black-and-white television.

There's nothing at all boring about black and white.

Reply/Quote
I assume we would have heard something by now if the team had submitted a request to the league.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:43 PM)McC Wrote: There's nothing at all boring about black and white.

I guess that is why so many professional sports teams have that combination as their team colors.

Like the,  .  .  . er,  .  .  uh,  .  .  .
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:21 AM)treee Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-riddell.jpg]

Love these
Reply/Quote
Metallic orange with Matte black is money.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Appropriate if you want the most boring color scheme in the league.

Now this would be a great way to psychologically influence the referees going forward.

Andy to ref during a game: "Hey ref, I like your uniform (while Andy pointing at his B&W bengal uniform)". Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why so many professional sports teams have that combination as their team colors.

Like the,  .  .  . er,  .  .  uh,  .  .  .

So it can only be good if other people are wearing it too?  Way to think way inside the box.

How many other teams are wearing black and orange with striped helmets?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:47 PM)McC Wrote: So it can only be good if other people are wearing it too?  Way to think way inside the box.

How many other teams are wearing black and orange with striped helmets?

I am just talking about the colors.

Baltimore Orioles
San Francisco Giants
Philadelphia Flyers
Hull City (Premier League)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am just talking about the colors.

Baltimore Orioles
San Francisco Giants
Philadelphia Flyers
Hull City (Premier League)

Baseball, hockey and soccer.  And the Orioles, the Giants and the Flyers all have have orange included, so never strictly black and white, but no stripes.  And on the soccer, the next soccer game I watch will be the first, so no idea on that one.

And none in the NFL.  Since we are talking about football helmets after all.Why did you even waste your time?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:46 PM)McC Wrote: Baseball, hockey and soccer.  And the Orioles, the Giants and the Flyers all have have orange included, so never strictly black and white, but no stripes.  And on the soccer, the next soccer game I watch will be the first, so no idea on that one.

And none in the NFL.  Since we are talking about football helmets after all.Why did you even waste your time?

I said "professional sports teams" not "football helmets".
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They did, because Cincy Zoo had a White Tiger exhibit. Not sure why they stopped bringing the big cats to the stadium, I'm sure some PETA, weed eating snowflake threw a hissy....

The NFL banned the tigers from the sidelines.  They cited safety concerns

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote