Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New backup QB
I'm betting they re-sign Allen as he already knows the offense, but I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one in the 7th rd to kind of push for the backup QB spot. Allen is not impressive at all.

Jack Coan-QB (ND) 6-7 rd guy to watch.
Reply/Quote
If I had my pick, I would take Fitzy in a heartbeat. He is always really good for four or five games before he starts to drop off. That should be enough to get through most injuries. Smart enough to know the offense as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 03:56 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'm betting they re-sign Allen as he already knows the offense, but I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one in the 7th rd to kind of push for the backup QB spot. Allen is not impressive at all.

Jack Coan-QB (ND) 6-7 rd guy to watch.

Knowing the offense and not showing much ability is the type of guy you cut and call if things go bad.  That or stash him on the PS.  It may have made sense to them last year with the season is lost mentality, but not this year. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: So true. Remember when some people hung McCarron banners from the bridge during OTAs?

Tbh I think he was a decent backup, but the hype far exceeded his actual ability.

He wasn't close to Dalton's level.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote