Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coach hire
Colt Anderson will replace Brayden Coombs as special teams assistant. Anderson is a former NFL player, last playing with the Bills in 2017. Best known play is that infamous fake punt in the Pats-Colts game.

Anderson has no previous coaching experience but that is not unusual for this position. It is an entry-level coaching job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, we know he knows what NOT to do on special teams.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm angry about this. Not sure why.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
He needs to try it again and make it work. The illegal formation call is dumb, I've seen other weird formations and not get called. Offenses should be allow to put any formation they please as defenses are allow to. Maybe only allow 1 player to be in motion only before the snap, otherwise, why not?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 09:56 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm angry about this. Not sure why.

Why? It's a glorified clipboard holder.

Everybody has to get a start somewhere. The guy hasn't been promoted to oc.

Yet.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
The majority of people don't know what really happened on that play.

The entirety of that was to try and fool the Patriots (which, on STs, was NEVER gonna happen) into false starting or subbing too many men onto the play (hence why they shifted towards the Colts' sideline).

Griff Whalen was NOT supposed to snap the ball (and you can see Anderson hesitate, like, "WTF? Let me run!)" and a timeout was supposed to be called.

Instead, we all saw that hilarious disaster.

Funny how 1 player not doing his job correctly (an insignificant player at that, generally), causes such chaos.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

This is the job the coach's kid often gets....you know like Brayden Coombs did.  I don't think Zac's are old enough yet to hold a job.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Why? It's a glorified clipboard holder.

Everybody has to get a start somewhere. The guy hasn't been promoted to oc.

Yet.

Ninja

I thought my sarcasm was dripping off the screen. Turns out it was doughnut juice. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Meh, wish we would bring in a decent play caller for the Offense.
Reply/Quote
Entry level coach has a pretty decent teacher in Simmons. I kind of doubt it would have happened if Simmons wasn't on board with this. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 05:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: Entry level coach has a pretty decent teacher in Simmons. I kind of doubt it would have happened if Simmons wasn't on board with this. 

I trust the hire for this very reason.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 01:59 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Well, we know he knows what NOT to do on special teams.

That you Shady?

[Image: tumblr_llgetduL7a1qe8ehjo1_400.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

"I've never heard of this Colt Anderson guy, and quite frankly it sounds made up!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.HRgXenzlhzRL0NuCgOBCZAHaFj&pid...=223&h=168]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 07:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That you Shady?

It is Shady. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 07:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That you Shady?

Yes sir! Back in Black for Burrow!! 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Almost as if the NFL is scared to hire someone unknown or known outside of the NFL itself. THey just like to recycle people within the organizations. I would have prefer getting someone from College at least.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 12:02 AM)pally Wrote: Colt Anderson will replace Brayden Coombs as special teams assistant.  Anderson is a former NFL player, last playing with the Bills in 2017.    Best known play is that infamous fake punt in the Pats-Colts game.

Anderson has no previous coaching experience but that is not unusual for this position.  It is an entry-level coaching job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

Damn, I was hoping it was Taylor's replacement. Taylor is an entry level coach.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Almost as if the NFL is scared to hire someone unknown or known outside of the NFL itself. THey just like to recycle people within the organizations. I would have prefer getting someone from College at least.

It's a ******* ST Assistant; why does this even need questioning?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 05:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's a ******* ST Assistant; why does this even need questioning?

Never down play a position. Never. Attention to detail counts! In our last super bowl our ST put us on the road to a win had it not been for Billups muffing that INT.
Reply/Quote