Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New culture of accountability?
(04-06-2020, 07:51 PM)jason Wrote: Mike Tomlin laughs at those excuses...

Eh, bit different situation...
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, bit different situation...

I don't like the guy, but he coached his ass off last season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:59 PM)jason Wrote: I don't like the guy, but he coached his ass off last season.

Yes the owl did, just saying it wasn't his first season as a HC inheriting a shit team like Taylor did.

The owl inherited Cowher's team that was much better than what Zac inherited...

Not making excuses for Zac, just saying now we will be able to judge him better.
Reply/Quote

Really? 

You mean the guy who took the job with a HOF QB and one of the best front offices in the business and a constantly restocked roster and a winning culture, the guy who's going into his fourteenth year?   The guy who kept the previous Bengal HC in his pocket as his own personal *****?  That guy?

And you think that's a fair comparison?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let him laugh. If ZT could get half of the calls/no calls those assholes get, ZT would win the division and playoff games every year too with little effort...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, well, at least Taylor doesn’t look like Pepe the frog...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:24 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Let him laugh. If ZT could get half of the calls/no calls those assholes get. ZT would win the division and playoff games every year too with little effort...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I still remember that one game against us where their OL held our Defense like the ENTIRE game and didn't get called...

Ridiculous. Pitt Sux Wow
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: Really? 

You mean the guy who took the job with a HOF QB and one of the best front offices in the business and a constantly restocked roster and a winning culture, the guy who's going into his fourteenth year?   The guy who kept the previous Bengal HC in his pocket as his own personal *****?  That guy?

I was comparing their performances last season. He coached a team that lost its starting QB, backup QB, Antonio Brown, James Conner and Leveon Bell, and I'm sure there were more last year, and still had them in the hunt. If we can claim Zac Taylor was hampered by injuries, Tomlin was too. Again... I don't like the guy, but I have to give him credit for last year.

No question he walked into a better situation his first season in Pittsburgh, but 2-14 is bad. I hope he turns it around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:56 PM)jason Wrote: I was comparing their performances last season. He coached a team that lost its starting QB, backup QB, Antonio Brown, James Conner and Leveon Bell, and I'm sure there were more last year, and still had them in the hunt. If we can claim Zac Taylor was hampered by injuries, Tomlin was too. Again... I don't like the guy, but I have to give him credit for last year.

No question he walked into a better situation his first season in Pittsburgh, but 2-14 is bad. I hope he turns it around.

He didn’t lose AB and Bell to injuries though. They went into last season knowing they wouldn’t have those guys.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still remember that one game against us where their OL held our Defense like the ENTIRE game and didn't get called...

Ridiculous. Pitt Sux Wow

Yeah. Didn't some Bengal writer put up a Vine (tells you how long ago it was) showing all the clear holds put it got shut down immediately??
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 10:34 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yeah. Didn't some Bengal writer put up a Vine (tells you how long ago it was) showing all the clear holds put it got shut down immediately??

Lance McAlister. And yep, it’s nowhere to be found anymore...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still remember that one game against us where their OL held our Defense like the ENTIRE game and didn't get called...

Ridiculous. Pitt Sux Wow

WhoDey2 I remember that...and every other game we played against them. Damn I can't stand those SOBs. Pissed Rant Rant Pissed

I will never forget the playoff game against them in 2015 (neither will anyone else). Before the game, NBC cut to a view of the tunnel underneath the stadium. There was a referee standing there against the wall (I remember saying "what the hell is he doing there"?) As soon as Rapistberger comes out of the dressing room the referee falls right in step with him and was ticking off points on his fingers,

W in The actual F?
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:56 PM)jason Wrote: I was comparing their performances last season. He coached a team that lost its starting QB, backup QB, Antonio Brown, James Conner and Leveon Bell, and I'm sure there were more last year, and still had them in the hunt. If we can claim Zac Taylor was hampered by injuries, Tomlin was too.  Again... I don't like the guy, but I have to give him credit for last year.

But all those things I mentioned were big reasons why he was able to do what he did outside of Piggy being out.  I seriously doubt if he'd have done it in his first season.  

They were 8-8, which is pretty much rock bottom for them.  And it's not a stretch to say they had an 8-8 roster.  So, he shouldn't be laughing too loudly.  He barely did what he was supposed to, and if you go to Smack Talk, they don't have many good things to say about him over there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Many times coaches take too much blame for losses and too much credit for wins.

But our second game against the Steelers last year was a classic case of getting out coached.  They came into that game with no running offense to speak of, but we could not stop them.  They abused us with the same outside runs all night and our coaches were helpless to do anything to stop them.

Steelers first ten games rush averages...21 att... 73 yds
Game 11 v. Bengals...………………………..38 att...159 yds
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:09 AM)McC Wrote: But all those things I mentioned were big reasons why he was able to do what he did outside of Piggy being out.  I seriously doubt if he'd have done it in his first season.  

They were 8-8, which is pretty much rock bottom for them.  And it's not a stretch to say they had an 8-8 roster.  So, he shouldn't be laughing too loudly.  He barely did what he was supposed to, and if you go to Smack Talk, they don't have many good things to say about him over there.

Having the #5 defense in the league is the only think that got them to .500 they stayed in games they shouldn't have. 30th ranked offense btw
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 10:34 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yeah. Didn't some Bengal writer put up a Vine (tells you how long ago it was) showing all the clear holds put it got shut down immediately??

(04-06-2020, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lance McAlister. And yep, it’s nowhere to be found anymore...

(04-07-2020, 12:46 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I remember that...and every other game we played against them. Damn I can't stand those SOBs. Pissed Rant Rant Pissed

I will never forget the playoff game against them in 2015 (neither will anyone else). Before the game, NBC cut to a view of the tunnel underneath the stadium. There was a referee standing there against the wall (I remember saying "what the hell is he doing there"?) As soon as Rapistberger comes out of the dressing room the referee falls right in step with him and was ticking off points on his fingers,

W in The actual F?

13 holds that Lance found.

Let that sink in.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 12:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 13 holds that Lance found.

Let that sink in.

If it's the game I'm thinking of Carlos was absolutely raped on one play outside in the wide open field ! His jersey was stretched out two feet, nothing ! I remember sitting there thinking how the hell did they miss that ?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If it's the game I'm thinking of Carlos was absolutely raped on one play outside in the wide open field ! His jersey was stretched out two feet, nothing ! I remember sitting there thinking how the hell did they miss that ?

Yeah... It was from 2016 or 17. I remember that one as well. I was also amused by Geno in a headlock in the backfield with no flag thrown.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:52 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... It was from 2016 or 17. I remember that one as well. I was also amused by Geno in a headlock in the backfield with no flag thrown.

I believe they were also doing crazy things to Burfict the entire game too.  I believe they hit him late on pretty much every single play.  

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: Really? 

No, it doesn't seem fair to compare the task of coaching the Mike Brown-era Bengals versus coaching the Steelers.  Unfortunately, it's hard for us to logically admit that and still get indignant when the national media looks down on us and wonders if we're going to ruin Joe Burrow.  Thems the breaks.

I will say that I'll watch the Bengals go 2-14 but still get a chuckle at the Steelers stinking it up with a mere 8 wins.  Fandom...it's a drug that distorts your reality, innit?
Reply/Quote