Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New culture of accountability?
(04-07-2020, 02:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, it doesn't seem fair to compare the task of coaching the Mike Brown-era Bengals versus coaching the Steelers.  Unfortunately, it's hard for us to logically admit that and still get indignant when the national media looks down on us and wonders if we're going to ruin Joe Burrow.  Thems the breaks.

I will say that I'll watch the Bengals go 2-14 but still get a chuckle at the Steelers stinking it up with a mere 8 wins.  Fandom...it's a drug that distorts your reality, innit?

You don't think different teams have different realities? You don't think those eight wins that pissed off their fans would have had Bengal fans grinning ear to ear?

I would think painting with broad strokes would be beneath your level of intellect.  I could be wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: You don't think different teams have different realities? You don't think those eight wins that pissed off their fans would have had Bengal fans grinning ear to ear?

I fully believe different teams have different realities.  Hell, our desires and realities warp madly over the course of a season.  We went into 2019 with the idea that ZT was an instant upgrade over Marvin and that Dalton was going to get back to his 2015 form and we'd be in the playoffs.  Halfway through the season we changed that narrative to Dalton being done for and us crying tears of joy that our team was 6+ wins worse than we originally expected.

Meanwhile the Steelers got 8-8 and we laugh at their crumbling empire.  We stunk like a fox and they just plain stunk in 2019.

(04-07-2020, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: I would think painting with broad strokes would be beneath your level of intellect.  I could be wrong.

I'd be upset by this comment, but I'm currently wearing a hat boasting about the size of my dick so I'm immune to your barbs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote