Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New guys have Gold Star
(03-24-2022, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good thing they already signed because, otherwise, feeding them Gold Star over Skyline might be a deal killer.

When we're in the game, have been drinking, and are absorbed in the game, it doesn't really matter, but it's Skyline at any other time.

It's all about the Benjamins !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People are in here debating Gold Star v Skyline while completely ignoring the fact that there dudes just twirled their 3-ways. I’ll give them a pass since they’re first timers, but someone needs to let them know, it’s cut, not twirl. If this is still happening in a year, cut them…their fundamentals are obviously flawed.

I can’t believe it took 38 posts for this to be addressed. Shame on the people behind the scenes for not properly advising them.

Reply/Quote
Coney dogs only. I've never liked the chili on anything else. Just not a Gold Star or Skyline fan. 1st time I had the 3 way was right after we played the Bears in -30 temps, 96 I think, walked to the downtown location. Can't remember if it was Gold Star or Skyline. I did not like it at all. But I did eat 4 or 5 dogs. Had to stop at a Diary Queen on I-75 N. to let em go, if you know what I mean. Lol . I think the cold that day made me move to Florida.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People are in here debating Gold Star v Skyline while completely ignoring the fact that there dudes just twirled their 3-ways. I’ll give them a pass since they’re first timers, but someone needs to let them know, it’s cut, not twirl. If this is still happening in a year, cut them…their fundamentals are obviously flawed.

To be fair, Karras didn't even know there was spaghetti under the cheese! 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: To be fair, Karras didn't even know there was spaghetti under the cheese! 

Never ate either yet and I know that lol

They are like 18 bucks a can for the chili on the internet. I think I am just going to make my own.

Have had some pretty good recipes thrown around here. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never ate either yet and I know that lol

They are like 18 bucks a can for the chili on the internet. I think I am just going to make my own.

You live in Wyoming? I know for a fact King Soopers in the Fort Collins area carry Skyline. The drive is probably better than $18 a can. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 10:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You live in Wyoming? I know for a fact King Soopers in the Fort Collins area carry Skyline. The drive is probably better than $18 a can. 

Eh, I ain't driving 9 hours for chili lol
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, I ain't driving 9 hours for chili lol

Oops, I incorrectly assumed you were in Cheyenne.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 11:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oops, I incorrectly assumed you were in Cheyenne.

Nah, I am by the Tetons in the West in Star Valley, mountains and beauty. Try to avoid that place, Cheyenne as much as possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, I am by the Tetons in the West in Star Valley, mountains and beauty. Try to avoid that place, Cheyenne as much as possible.

I enjoyed when I visited Cheyenne. The friends I made from Wyoming were amazing. Love the state.
Reply/Quote
Skyline with extra hot sauce is great food if you have a nagging cold in my experience. 
Reply/Quote
So did either one of them say, "This isn't chili. This is 'chili sauce'."

BTW I have eaten more chili than any other food except hamburgers. I make huge pots and eat it almost every day until it is gone. Not every week but pretty often.
Reply/Quote
A lot of you are noobs and it shows. Camp Washington Chili, Price Hill Chili, and Blue Ash Chili are light years ahead of Gold Star and Skyline. I’d argue the 6 way from Blue Ash with the fried bottle caps is the superior version of Cincy style chili. Ain’t nothing else like it…
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, I am by the Tetons in the West in Star Valley, mountains and beauty. Try to avoid that place, Cheyenne as much as possible.

My wife and our adult daughter and I are coming to Jackson in early May. Can't wait.
Reply/Quote
Ted Karras seems like such a fun guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Great!  Just what we need is to have our new offensive line miss the first half of the season out with ulcers and chronic diarrhea.. Ninja  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 01:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Ted Karras seems like such a fun guy.

After surgery last month I've become a real fungi ..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Being six hours away makes getting either Skyline or Gold Star a treat for me when I get back. When I go to Wilmington, we usually go to the Gold Star because it is easier to get to. At the Kroger here you can get Skyline chili in a can and wisp cheese to go with onions and pasta for a four-way. Not that I have to worry about this very much at all anymore, but it's also good food for a hangover, especially with extra hot sauce on the four-way or coney.

Also, my friend in California asked me to tell her about Cincinnati chili. I told her I like to get four-ways and she said, "That sounds dirty."
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never ate either yet and I know that lol

$7.29 actually, but that's almost double what it was a few months ago. (LGB)

https://www.amazon.com/Skyline-Original-Chili-Spaghetti-15-Ounce/dp/B00904WOC4/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=Skyline+chili&qid=1648207716&sr=8-9
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thank you for clarifying before the Skyline v Gold Star debate begins. 

And the debate happened anyways, after George's post.... Hilarious

I picture him yelling to the heavens with his hands in the air:  "SERENITY NOW"
Reply/Quote