Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New neighbor
(12-28-2020, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dogs

Good suggestion.  I love dogs,  but don't have any yet.  I just don't want to have to clean up after them especially when they shed,  but I guess once I replace all carpets in my house with some type of solid surface,  I'll be ready to get a German Shepherd or a rotty or a large breed like that. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 09:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Yellowstone is perfectly safe. I suggest if you want to do a small camping trip that has nothing to do with hunting or fishing and more hiking the bottom of Phantom Canyon Colorado near Pikes Peak would be perfect. 

Just drive safe.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4329-phantom-canyon-road.html

Edit: At the top of Phantom Canyon is a little town called Cripple Creek it's an old school gambling town. They even have a wild herd of donkeys that just travel the area including in town.
Thanks for the detailed reply Synric. I'm looking to do some of the same types of things the folks on nature shows do,  where they're far away from any people,  hanging at distance from the animals and observing them. 

I'll probably start with something more safe like the idea you suggested in order to get a feel for it and then try to branch out from there on future trips. The herd of wild donkeys seems cool. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:48 PM)Mer Wrote: Back in the late 90's I worked as a biological technician on the Flying "D" for Turner. I had a lab named Isaac that I used to hunt the Madison river islands down stream of Blacks Ford. There were a lot of wild pheasants on those islands back then. We used to do a "cast and blast" down that way too at times. Man! Those were good times! I do miss the way of life out there. Unless you've lived it, it is hard to explain.

BTW there used to be a sports bar right off campus in Bozeman called Spectators, does it still exist? I had the dubious honor of being the only Bengals fan from '98-02 that watched every game there. The bartender that was a Colts fan would always remind of that. He told me one time a guy asked if they had every game on and not only did he say every game but he told him that they even had a Bengal fan that comes every Sunday. 

Anyhow, thanks for bringing back some memories.
Yep, Spectators still exists. 

Went with my brother to The Pour House to watch the Stealers demolish the Bengals a few years back. I was suprised there were a couple other Who Dey! Nation there. We were so abused by the dozens of fans for the Stealers, we left before halftime.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:45 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Good suggestion.  I love dogs,  but don't have any yet.  I just don't want to have to clean up after them especially when they shed,  but I guess once I replace all carpets in my house with some type of solid surface,  I'll be ready to get a German Shepherd or a rotty or a large breed like that. 

I'ver had both... if you don't want to deal with shed, go with the Rott. Just make sure you get a good one and not an inbred one.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:45 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Good suggestion.  I love dogs,  but don't have any yet.  I just don't want to have to clean up after them especially when they shed,  but I guess once I replace all carpets in my house with some type of solid surface,  I'll be ready to get a German Shepherd or a rotty or a large breed like that. 

I've had Boxers for well over 20 years. Clean, keen, and not too mean.

My backyard abuts a woods and the one Summer I didn't have a Boxer, squirrels took up residence in my  attic. They never did it before or since and my Boxer(s) are inside dog(s) as all Boxers must be.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Shocked 
(12-27-2020, 11:52 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Maybe not a big deal for you folks living in Cincinnati, but when you live in rural Montana and find out an NFL player just purchased the 61 acre parcel that abuts your property, my mind went to "it's gotta be a Packer or Viking" to survive the Montana winter. I was right...sort of. Trae Waynes is my new neighbor!

Much better than Ted Kazynski! I just watched the unabomber documentary. Crazy stuff. Happened a little before my time.

Trae sounds like a cool guy. I’m wanting to buy some land in the future. Will be starting by purchasing a 3 acre lot next year to build a house. Down the road I’d love to get more land, but we’ll see how well I do career-wise.

Montana looks beautiful! I’m jealous! Congrats on the new neighbor as well!

Edit: The Unabomber lived on 50 acres in Montana for 20+ years making bombs. That's why this seemed relevant.
Reply/Quote
I knew a guy who grew up in Montana.

Claimed he spent 3 hours a day just riding the bus back and forth from school.
Reply/Quote