Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (temporary) practice facility
I know there was a thread about this in the past but I can't find it. Does anyone have any recent pics/videos?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I know there was a thread about this in the past but I can't find it. Does anyone have any recent pics/videos?

It hasn't changed appearance in a couple weeks. I don't know if they're waiting for parts or if there has to be some required delay before they proceed with the next step. 

I see it every day on my way home. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It hasn't changed appearance in a couple weeks. I don't know if they're waiting for parts or if there has to be some required delay before they proceed with the next step. 

Everything (parts mostly) gets delayed unless it's in stock.. Been waiting 2 months now for a radiator for a Chrysler van from Autozone..  Feels a bit like waiting to get sixty when you're six years old..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Is this the indoor facility? Does anyone know if there's been any talk on a permanent training facility/team HQ away from PBS?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It hasn't changed appearance in a couple weeks. I don't know if they're waiting for parts or if there has to be some required delay before they proceed with the next step. 

Thanks faulk. I live in Lexington and get up to Cincy for Reds games and to visit my daughter who lives there but haven't been up in a month or so. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 03:53 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Is this the indoor facility? Does anyone know if there's been any talk on a permanent training facility/team HQ away from PBS?

believe its just a bubble on the current practice field

If they are looking for a Permanent facility that might take a little bit of time to find the land and get it approved.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 03:53 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Is this the indoor facility? Does anyone know if there's been any talk on a permanent training facility/team HQ away from PBS?
The one being built now is a temporary one. A permanent one will be built on the site where the concrete company is currently located. (I think).
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 03:59 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The one being built now is a temporary one. A permanent one will be built on the site where the concrete company is currently located. (I think).

And the concrete company has finally obtained the land needed for them to move which is the very necessary first step in this game of dominos

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: And the concrete company has finally obtained the land needed for them to move which is the very necessary first step in this game of dominos

But doesn't every city with sports and dining and bar facilities need a concrete company nearby? On the riverfront?  I mean, who doesn't like a beautiful concrete company right, smack in the middle of it all?  Shocked I used to paint concrete trucks. Some were rather pretty if I do say so myself.. OK, ugly as sin, but that's not the point.. I'll let you know when I can think of a point.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 03:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: believe its just a bubble on the current practice field

If they are looking for a Permanent facility that might take a little bit of time to find the land and get it approved.

Sorry to correct you but the temp practice facility is being built on the river between the Brent Spence and the Clay Wade Bailey bridges.
Reply/Quote
While they are at it I hope they build a bridge for the players of a multi billion dollar sports team so they don’t have to wait at the friggin lights to cross the road to get to practice.

You can make the excuse about not having an indoor so they get used to the elements. You can’t say anything about needing to waiting for a red light to cross the road ffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 04:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: While they are at it I hope they build a bridge for the players of a multi billion dollar sports team so they don’t have to wait at the friggin lights to cross the road to get to practice.

You can make the excuse about not having an indoor so they get used to the elements. You can’t say anything about needing to waiting for a red light to cross the road ffs.

Gold plated Rolls Royces could get them there too.. Somehow I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for grown men in their primes to have to wait for a traffic light. How about a matter transfer gizmo so they don't even have to walk at all except to the matter transfer gizmo. Oh heck..just matter transfer them from their beds to the practice and be done with it..

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 04:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: While they are at it I hope they build a bridge for the players of a multi billion dollar sports team so they don’t have to wait at the friggin lights to cross the road to get to practice.

This is just a suggestion but it would be be cheaper to station two "crossing guards" with yellow vests and stop signs to stop traffic whenever players are walking to or from practice. Hell I'm retired. I'd do it, except I live 75 miles away.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I know there was a thread about this in the past but I can't find it. Does anyone have any recent pics/videos?

I spoke too soon. When i drove by today, they had laid the turf in place. Orange EZs, so it will look just like the turf in the stadium. 

Sorry, i wasn't prepared so i didn't get any pics. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

(08-22-2022, 06:31 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is just a suggestion but it would be be cheaper to station two "crossing guards" with yellow vests and stop signs to stop traffic whenever players are walking to or from practice. Hell I'm retired. I'd do it, except I live 75 miles away.

They have police at the intersection to stop traffic when the players are coming and going. 

Reply/Quote
What is so hard about a professional athlete crossing a street?
Reply/Quote
I would think when they get their permanent facility, they won’t be crossing the street to get to practice and it won’t be a problem because all the stuff they will need will be in the facility. I’d imagine they would have a locker room and stuff there. I could be mistaken though.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 04:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Sorry to correct you but the temp practice facility is being built on the river between the Brent Spence and the Clay Wade Bailey bridges.

dont see many people building on the river these days.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dont see many people building on the river these days.

LOL. ON the river, not IN the river.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2022_04_15_at_10.09.02_AM.0.png]
Reply/Quote