Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from the Fred State
(07-06-2015, 07:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like what happened to Chik-fil-a?

Loads of gays and others stopped buying chicken from there.... They adapted.

Plus they never said they don't serve gays. They only said they don't agree with the lifestyle.

So your not really making an honest or legitimate comparasion. .
(07-07-2015, 01:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How many gays are even in that town?  
According to Fred its nowheresville.  So if there is no gays that even shop there is this is even an issue.    If I put up a sign that says I don't serve Martians ....  then am I discrimminating.....  

This guy would need a gay patron before anything could be considered.   According to Fred's assertion on the area that would be slim Pickens.   And besides .... anyone who is likely gay wouldnt be sticking around unless there are multiple gays around.    I know if I was in A town with no women i would be moving myself as well....

C'mon, man.  At least come up with something we can take serious.

If you are gonna go to the trouble of trolling put some effort into it.  You are no fun when you act this stupid.

(07-07-2015, 01:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, man.  At least come up with something we can take serious.

If you are gonna go to the trouble of trolling put some effort into it.  You are no fun when you act this stupid.

Are there any gays in that town? Maybe this is all for nothing.

If there are or aren't... Dudes business will lessen if the people care.

Maybe the only reason he put it up is because there isn't .... So he can look principled without any of the financial risk.

Your the resident.... You tell me. I'm just going off your description of the area.
The fred State, at it again..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/11/memphis-city-council-votes-to-dig-up-grave-of-confederate-general-sell-his-statue/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-12-2015, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fred State, at it again..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/11/memphis-city-council-votes-to-dig-up-grave-of-confederate-general-sell-his-statue/

It is a city park.  they can do what they want with it.  And if it is in the best interest of the city then they should do it.

I have shown that I am not above criticizing some of the crazy politcal moves in mjy state, but I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.
(07-07-2015, 02:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are there any gays in that town?  Maybe this is all for nothing.  

If there are or aren't... Dudes business will lessen if the people care.  

Maybe the only reason he put it up is because there isn't ....   So he can look principled without any of the financial risk.    

Your the resident.... You tell me.   I'm just going off your description of the area.

It's not really a town. It's unincorporated. I Ima imagine,  what I know about Washburn there is really a minite if any openly gays in that community. Just in my opinion
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-13-2015, 08:08 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: It's not really a town. It's unincorporated. I Ima imagine,  what I know about Washburn there is really a minite if any openly gays in that community. Just in my opinion

Lucy was just joking with that comment.  You can't take him seriously.  
(07-05-2015, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for proving how ridiculous your assumptions are.

(07-05-2015, 08:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So that's a 1 hardware story town....   I find that hard to believe.  Nothing within 20 Miles.

Are you sure nothing within 20 miles there Fred?

Rutledge Hardware shows up as 15 miles away from Amyx Hardware.
(07-14-2015, 07:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you sure nothing within 20 miles there Fred?

Rutledge Hardware shows up as 15 miles away from Amyx Hardware.

30 mile round trip that takes 45 minutes.  

But that argument is silly to begin with.  It doesn't matter if there is another hardware store.  That does not make discrimination okay.
Another fine example of what I have to deal with in this State.

NASHVILLE -- Incensed over Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's response to the U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage, a Tea Party-style Tennessee lawmaker says "it's time to give serious consideration to impeachment hearings against Gov. Haslam" as well as the justices.

State Rep. Rick Womick, R-Murfreesboro, wrote "and where is Tennessee's leadership . our Governor bowed down to the five self appointed gods in black robes just minutes after they issued their 'opinion!'

"He changed Tennessee state law and our State Constitution without ever consulting with the General Assembly," Womick continued. "I think it's time to give serious consideration to impeachment hearings against Gov. Haslam and these five rogue SCOTUS justices!"

Following the Supreme Court's decision, Haslam and Tennessee Attorney General Herbert Slatery disagreed with the ruling but said the state had no choice but to follow the ruling.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/politics/state/story/2015/jul/14/tennessee-state-representative-calls-impeachment-gov-bill-haslam/314587/

That's right. We should impeach our governor for recognizing the authority of the United States Supreme Court. Womick thinks that Haslam should have consulted with the General Assembly before following the ruling of the SCOTUS. I wonder what exactly he thinks the Tennessee general Assembly could have done about it?
(07-12-2015, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a city park.  they can do what they want with it.  And if it is in the best interest of the city then they should do it.

I have shown that I am not above criticizing some of the crazy politcal moves in mjy state, but I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.

If they are gonna dig it up for a worthwhile expansion project then just say that. But to dig it up just because he was a confederate officer is just plain wrong. IHMO.  Some of these butt hurt people need to grow a pair and get over it.
(07-15-2015, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 30 mile round trip that takes 45 minutes.  

But that argument is silly to begin with.  It doesn't matter if there is another hardware store.  That does not make discrimination okay.

Uhm there's about 5-6 other stores in the area as well, just depends on the direction you are coming from. So unless you live next door to Amyx, then one of the others in the area might be closer or just as close.

I never said that should make discrimination ok.  I'm just pointing out that you are incorrect in your assumption that there wasn't any other hardware stores nearby that could benefit from this.

I have already stated multiple times that if you own/operate a business that relies on the public for sales then you should not be allowed to discriminate against anyone (with exceptions to drunks/people that are disrupting your business).
(07-15-2015, 01:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Uhm there's about 5-6 other stores in the area as well, just depends on the direction you are coming from. So unless you live next door to Amyx, then one of the others in the area might be closer or just as close.

But if you live east of Washburn then the store in Rutledge is even FARTHER away.

Are you really trying to make a big deal out of a 5 mile difference?  Was it really worth making a post about?  Especially when you are not even completely correct yourself.
(07-15-2015, 01:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If they are gonna dig it up for a worthwhile expansion project then just say that. But to dig it up just because he was a confederate officer is just plain wrong. IHMO.  Some of these butt hurt people need to grow a pair and get over it.

That and you don't treat the dead that way.... Let them lay rested.
John McAfee arrested for DUI and shooting at police.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/news/john-mcafee-arrest/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The Fred State gets it right!

https://magazine.gruntstyle.com/2016/03/30/stomp-on-american-flag/

Quote:Emily Arianna Warren was arrested Thursday night for trespassing and desecrating the Tennessee State Flag and the American Flag at Red Clay State Park. She was charged with desecration of a flag (two counts), vandalism, and criminal trespassing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-02-2016, 09:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Fred State gets it right!

https://magazine.gruntstyle.com/2016/03/30/stomp-on-american-flag/

Charge her with vandalism.  But no conviction just for stomping on a flag will survive a challenge.  Those kind of laws may be popular in Russia or a dictatorship, but not in a free country like the United States.  We don't believe in political prisoners.
(07-05-2015, 12:29 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think science will keep finding the answers to things until religion is remembered as an archaic way of thinking.

That hasn't happened in 5000 years.  Doubt it ever will.  Humans need to believe in a power higher than themselves.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-02-2016, 10:22 AM)McC Wrote: That hasn't happened in 5000 years.  Doubt it ever will.  Humans need to believe in a power higher than themselves.

Or...people have experiences in their own lives that confirm their beliefs. 

But you are right about the change. I would just just change "doubt" to a definitive.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-03-2015, 04:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As we all know fredtoast, one of our favorite posters that happens to lean slightly to the Left politically, practices law (or so he claims..) in the State of Tennessee.  I happened to stumble upon this bit of news from the State of Tennessee, that may make him uneasy to be a fellow Tennessean.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/03/entire-county-clerk-office-resigns-over-same-sex-marriage/

*Disclaimer:  This post is not an attack on fredtoast, just some good humored ribbing!  LOL

Slightly lol..

[Image: j3Z7k0S.jpg]