Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from the Fred State
(07-05-2015, 09:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because if Fred's cousin has the only hardware shop in town, this causes some issues for the gay person.

But you told me it doesn't happen...

It's clear from various footage that he isn't the only hardware store in town. Not many counties have only 1 hardware store .... And if they do then I am pretty sure the gay population is pretty low.
(07-05-2015, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's clear from various footage that he isn't the only hardware store in town. 

You obviously have not seen any footage of Washburn at all.
(07-05-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously have not seen any footage of Washburn at all.

I have seen 4 different news reports and saw someone who said they won't shop there.... If there wasn't another option then I would assume they would have mentioned.
(07-05-2015, 02:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  If there wasn't another option then I would assume they would have mentioned.

Thanks for proving how ridiculous your assumptions are.
(07-03-2015, 04:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As we all know fredtoast, one of our favorite posters that happens to lean slightly to the Left politically, practices law (or so he claims..) in the State of Tennessee.  I happened to stumble upon this bit of news from the State of Tennessee, that may make him uneasy to be a fellow Tennessean.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/03/entire-county-clerk-office-resigns-over-same-sex-marriage/

*Disclaimer:  This post is not an attack on fredtoast, just some good humored ribbing!  LOL

Wow, the comments section is nauseating, some people have a lot of hate in them. 

BTW, when people say things like;

“It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory."

and 

“I honestly believe God will take care of us.”

What I hear is, "I'm nuttier than squirrel shit".
(07-05-2015, 09:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: At its root, religion was created by humans as a way to explain the unknown. Humans need to know why. At the beginning, religion created the best answers to help people "understand". Now, as humanity learns more and more about how things truly work, the old explanations provided via religion are shown as less and less accurate, and more and more comical. Man's understanding of the universe and our place in it will continue to deepen. This will not be fast, as technologies necessary for more complete understanding have yet to be discovered/developed. But over time, religion will definitely continue to fall out of favor until it is eventually relegated to a historical reference. And to top it off, we may eventually find a creator or source for everything...but you can be sure it will not be a vengeful, judgmental supreme being.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the things that are explained in the bible, that science has shown are wrong?

Second question; should i assume that you are in the corner of those that believe everything that is in place, and necessary, for this Universe and this planet to work and maintain stability, is a result of a bunch of random events that just luckily happened in our favor--and originally came from nothing?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-05-2015, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for proving how ridiculous your assumptions are.

So that's a 1 hardware story town.... I find that hard to believe. Nothing within 20 Miles.
(07-05-2015, 08:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So that's a 1 hardware story town....   I find that hard to believe.  Nothing within 20 Miles.

It is not even a town.  It is a community of probably 2,000 spread out over many miles.

Washburn High school draws from the entire north half of the county and has a graduating class of about 50 each year.
(07-05-2015, 07:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are some of the things that are explained in the bible, that science has shown are wrong?

Second question; should i assume that you are in the corner of those that believe everything that is in place, and necessary, for this Universe and this planet to work and maintain stability, is a result of a bunch of random events that just luckily happened in our favor--and originally came from nothing?

Well science hasn't proven you can't be turned in to a pillar of salt, or walk on water, or live in the belly of a whale, or turn a staff in to a snake, or rise from the dead and walk through walls and then levitate off the earth....but....

Edit: Not that it matters to me personally. The Bible, to me, is not literal, is not meant to be a "historical" book OR a "science" book. It is made up f stories to explain things like where we come from, why we speak different languages and why bad things happen...even to good people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Science will never completely eliminat religion because it will never be able to answer the ONE big question that keeps people into religion. . . . . What happens after you die.

There will alwasy be a certain amount of people who think they are so special that there is no way they don't live on after death in some form.

That is religion's "money shot" that science will never be able to take away from them.
(07-05-2015, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Science will never completely eliminat religion because it will never be able to answer the ONE big question that keeps people into religion.  .  .  .  . What happens after you die. 

You can never say never. It may someday.
(07-05-2015, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's clear from various footage that he isn't the only hardware store in town.   Not many counties have only 1 hardware store .... And if they do then I am pretty sure the gay population is pretty low.

But it's happening despite the market saying it shouldn't?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-05-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously have not seen any footage of Washburn at all.

You live in Washburn Fred , the one on clinch mountain up around thorn hill? When I was younger before I started in mines, I worked at the saw mill. Is it still up there? Elliott's ran it.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-06-2015, 01:09 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: You live in Washburn Fred , the one on clinch mountain up around thorn hill? When I was younger before I started in mines, I worked at the saw mill. Is it still up there? Elliott's ran it.

I don't live there, but my parents live in Thorn Hill.

Are you talking about the small sawmill right off 25 at the base of Clinch Mountain or the big operation on 131 between 25 and Washburn?
(07-06-2015, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't live there, but my parents live in Thorn Hill.

Are you talking about the small sawmill right off 25 at the base of Clinch Mountain or the big operation on 131 between 25 and Washburn?

The one between 25 and Washburn. Paul Elliott owns it, he has a smaller operation in bell co. It was a nice sawmill back when it first open, big operation. Good people the Elliott's are! They have smaller mill in Stoney fork, but I chose to work at the one on clinch mtn, meet some good people there. Even dug a lil ginseng over in Thorn Hill. My parents own a house over next to Gilmore's dock in Rutledge.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-06-2015, 06:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But it's happening despite the market saying it shouldn't?

There will be a drop off in business if it matters as much as you claim it does to people.

According to your claims it does matter. Fred's city should fall in line.
(07-06-2015, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There will be a drop off in business if it matters as much as you claim it does to people.  

According to your claims it does matter.   Fred's city should fall in line.

Not necessarily. The drop could be minimal. Not enough to convince the store owner not to discriminate. Doesn't matter if the discriminated party is small or large, it is wrong.

And it is clearly happening.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

he equates gay patrons to allowing a pedophile hang out with kids. he's clearly afraid off the temptation to just start sucking dudes off. kind of a common practice amongst ministers.
(07-06-2015, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There will be a drop off in business if it matters as much as you claim it does to people.  

You mean like what happened to Chik-fil-a?
(07-06-2015, 06:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not necessarily. The drop could be minimal. Not enough to convince the store owner not to discriminate. Doesn't matter if the discriminated party is small or large, it is wrong.

And it is clearly happening.

How many gays are even in that town?
According to Fred its nowheresville. So if there is no gays that even shop there is this is even an issue. If I put up a sign that says I don't serve Martians .... then am I discrimminating.....

This guy would need a gay patron before anything could be considered. According to Fred's assertion on the area that would be slim Pickens. And besides .... anyone who is likely gay wouldnt be sticking around unless there are multiple gays around. I know if I was in A town with no women i would be moving myself as well....