Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from the Fred State
As we all know fredtoast, one of our favorite posters that happens to lean slightly to the Left politically, practices law (or so he claims..) in the State of Tennessee.  I happened to stumble upon this bit of news from the State of Tennessee, that may make him uneasy to be a fellow Tennessean.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/03/entire-county-clerk-office-resigns-over-same-sex-marriage/

*Disclaimer:  This post is not an attack on fredtoast, just some good humored ribbing!  LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
All this means is there's some decent job openings in Decatur County.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(07-03-2015, 05:01 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: All this means is there's some decent job openings in Decatur County.

County Clerk is an elected position, that hires it's own staff.  I suppose that someone will be appointed on a Pro-tem basis, until the next general election.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'm not sure about tenn, here in ky last year our county clerk, had felony charges brought her and forced to resign. The county Judge Executive was who assigned the new one, till the next election.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
There's another one of those good jobs going unfilled.
Haha nice one sunset.    I would like to add this Fred State gem.  

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/Grainger-County-hardware-store-refuses-to-serve-gay-customers-311046401.html?device=phone&c=y
(07-03-2015, 08:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha nice one sunset.    I would like to add this FredSrate gem.  

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/Grainger-County-hardware-store-refuses-to-serve-gay-customers-311046401.html?device=phone&c=y

Hmm, not sure "the fred" will allow that one.  That man's argument makes to much sense, doesn't quite fit the "rube" motif that "the fred" likes to refer to his constituents as..

Nice try, thanks for playing News from the Fred State. Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-03-2015, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  That man's argument makes to much sense, doesn't quite fit the "rube" motif that "the fred" likes to refer to his constituents as..

If I didn't know exactly where this store is (about 10 minutes from my parents home) I would think this was straight out of The Onion.

"The new sign reads 'We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech' 

He'll still sell to gay customers as long as they "behave" and keep their opinions to themselves."

And I am not surprised at all that Sunset thinks this argument makes so much sense. Only a rube would believe that discrimination based on religious beliefs is acceptable in this country.
As for the State of Tennessee I can come up with a lot worse stuff. This thread only deals with a couple of isolated events. Here are some more that are on a much higher level.

-Our Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey claimed that freedom of religion did not apply to Muslims because Islam was a "cult" instead of a religion.

-There was a large movement by the Tea Party memebers across the State to have Governor Haslam removed from office because he appointed a Muslim and a homosexual to government posts.

-The State legislature just tried to have the Bible recognized as the official "state book" and claimed it had nothing to do with religion.
(07-03-2015, 04:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As we all know fredtoast, one of our favorite posters that happens to lean slightly to the Left politically, practices law (or so he claims..) in the State of Tennessee.  I happened to stumble upon this bit of news from the State of Tennessee, that may make him uneasy to be a fellow Tennessean.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/03/entire-county-clerk-office-resigns-over-same-sex-marriage/

*Disclaimer:  This post is not an attack on fredtoast, just some good humored ribbing!  LOL

I actually respect this lady.  She did exactly what she was supposed to do.  If she can't do her job then she has to resign.  At least she was not stupid enough to think she could deny services to people just based on her religious beliefs.
(07-03-2015, 08:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha nice one sunset.    I would like to add this Fred State gem.  

It's funny because you keep telling me that this would never happen in this day and age
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-04-2015, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's funny because you keep telling me that this would never happen in this day and age

You know...i wonder if people realize that this is just the beginning. The divide between believers and non-believers is going to continue to grow and get out of hand in short order. Neither side is likely to budge from their stance and things are about to get real weird (yes, weirder than it already is) real soon.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-04-2015, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You know...i wonder if people realize that this is just the beginning. The divide between believers and non-believers is going to continue to grow and get out of hand in short order. Neither side is likely to budge from their stance and things are about to get real weird (yes, weirder than it already is) real soon.

I think science will keep finding the answers to things until religion is remembered as an archaic way of thinking.
(07-05-2015, 12:29 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think science will keep finding the answers to things until religion is remembered as an archaic way of thinking.

I don't see it, because science doesn't effect the thoughts/actions of the masses like religion does. The driving force for all the turmoil in these issues is the fanatic element on each side, mostly. They're not just going to go away. If you think scientific answers disprove religion and that it will become a note in the history books, you're not living in the real world.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-04-2015, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's funny because you keep telling me that this would never happen in this day and age

Who should any of us care that Fred's cousin is not serving gays?  He is the one losing business, and his competition probably loves it ....   Win - win - win  for all.     He doesn't serve people he doesn't want, the gays know where their money isn't welcome, and his competition gets a boost .  

How is this a bad thing?  This should be the model for how not to run your business.     But we don't let bad business men lose their rear ends because they are petty.    

Besides the fact he is well within his rights in Tennessee to do this ....  Let him fail.   The market will decide.
(07-05-2015, 02:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't see it, because science doesn't effect the thoughts/actions of the masses like religion does. The driving force for all the turmoil in these issues is the fanatic element on each side, mostly. They're not just going to go away. If you think scientific answers disprove religion and that it will become a note in the history books, you're not living in the real world.

There are fanatics in science too who are just as weird. Look at the global warming people. They are about as weird and fanatical as any religion.

When science gets it right then maybe... But science is constantly getting it wrong. Not saying religion is right .... But it's more stable than science... That's what people want.... Stability.
At its root, religion was created by humans as a way to explain the unknown. Humans need to know why. At the beginning, religion created the best answers to help people "understand". Now, as humanity learns more and more about how things truly work, the old explanations provided via religion are shown as less and less accurate, and more and more comical. Man's understanding of the universe and our place in it will continue to deepen. This will not be fast, as technologies necessary for more complete understanding have yet to be discovered/developed. But over time, religion will definitely continue to fall out of favor until it is eventually relegated to a historical reference. And to top it off, we may eventually find a creator or source for everything...but you can be sure it will not be a vengeful, judgmental supreme being.
(07-05-2015, 05:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who should any of us care that Fred's cousin is not serving gays?  He is the one losing business, and his competition probably loves it ....   Win - win - win  for all.     He doesn't serve people he doesn't want, the gays know where their money isn't welcome, and his competition gets a boost .  

How is this a bad thing?  This should be the model for how not to run your business.     But we don't let bad business men lose their rear ends because they are petty.    

Besides the fact he is well within his rights in Tennessee to do this ....  Let him fail.   The market will decide.

Because if Fred's cousin has the only hardware shop in town, this causes some issues for the gay person.

But you told me it doesn't happen...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

...and somebody once told me that they would be glad when SSM was legal, because then nobody would complain that it should be illegal. 

Folks say things all the time.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-05-2015, 09:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: At its root, religion was created by humans as a way to explain the unknown. Humans need to know why. At the beginning, religion created the best answers to help people "understand". Now, as humanity learns more and more about how things truly work, the old explanations provided via religion are shown as less and less accurate, and more and more comical. Man's understanding of the universe and our place in it will continue to deepen. This will not be fast, as technologies necessary for more complete understanding have yet to be discovered/developed. But over time, religion will definitely continue to fall out of favor until it is eventually relegated to a historical reference. And to top it off, we may eventually find a creator or source for everything...but you can be sure it will not be a vengeful, judgmental supreme being.

[Image: dance-colbert-1424123936.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.