Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals H.O.F.er
I agree with those saying Geno isn’t a HOFer. Good player. Too inconsistent and never really dominant.

Whit may have a shot though.

I don’t buy the ‘small market’ label. There are no small markets in the NFL- on a national level- if that makes sense. We just don’t win and have no signature plays or memorable games outside of one or two that occurred decades ago. No identity. None. That’s why were not recognized- because there’s nothing of note.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:02 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, but spent a bunch of time here to hide his career. Small market and no playoff noise will hurt chances.

There may be something to this... I remember his first year in LA listening to Dan LeBatard and them talkin' in amazement about how massive and dominant Whitworth was... Like they'd never seen him before the game in question.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I agree with those saying Geno isn’t a HOFer. Good player. Too inconsistent and never really dominant.

Whit may have a shot though.

I don’t buy the ‘small market’ label. There are no small markets in the NFL- on a national level- if that makes sense. We just don’t win and have no signature plays or memorable games outside of one or two that occurred  decades ago. No identity. None. That’s why were not recognized- because there’s nothing of note.

LOL

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: LOL

Yeah, that’s a really bad take. Players don’t become multiple time All Pros without being dominant. Geno was probably the best DT in the league until Donald, and was top 2-3 until the last couple years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, that’s a really bad take. Players don’t become multiple time All Pros without being dominant. Geno was probably the best DT in the league until Donald, and was top 2-3 until the last couple years.

I’m not gonna act like I know all the ins/outs of defense or pretend that I pay a whole of attention off the ball- but I’ve watched every play of every bengal game for as long as I can remember and/or they were televised.

Geno was a good player- a beast even- but I wouldn’t consider him dominant. He had some good games- maybe even took over a game or two but we haven’t had a dominant defender in a very very long time. He was close but not quite there. Nobody has to agree with me.

I think our view of Geno is skewed because of the numbers warren sapp put up. I don’t know exactly how to explain what I mean by that- just that their numbers are similar but there’s a huge difference in their effectiveness It may not be apples to apples- but these two similar players are defined very differently.

Anyway- just my opinion. It’s not set in stone. I may change my mind about it later as time passes. I also think Reggie bush was a bust. Not many people agree with me. But it’s within reason (same as geno not being ‘dominate’) and I also think Paul brown doesn’t deserve a spot in a bengals HOF for simply starting a team. His legacy was made in Cleveland- not here. Very unpopular opinion but true.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Not the Pro Football HOF, but two former Bengals are in the College football hof class this year (David Fulcher, Carson Palmer).
Reply/Quote