Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Next Key Bengals Dates : March 14 to 16
The Combine Date over, The Franchise Tag Date over.

Next up is The Bengals can get with Bengals Players and their Agents and re-sign them and avoid them becoming Free Agents.

Monday March 14th at Noon this window opens up. The window closes on Wednesday March 16th at 4 PM. So a 52 hour window to try to keep any Bengals Super Bowl players they do not want to lose.

Of course the next Key Date is Wednesday March 16th at 4 PM, when teams can start signing opposing teams Free Agents.

So the question is, do you see any Bengals Players the Bengals may be trying hard to strike a deal with Monday to Wednesday so they don't lose them after 4 PM Wednesday ?

Here a list of Bengals Players by Spotrac Source :

Riley Reiff - T
Larry Ogunjobi- DT
C.J. Uzomah - TE
Josh Tupou - DT
Vernon Hargreaves - CB
Kevin Huber - P
Brandon Allen - QB
Clark Harris - LS
Eli Apple - CB
Jordan Evans - LB
Quinton Spain - G
Mike Thomas - WR
B.J. Hill - DT
Jalen Davis - CB
Stanley Morgan - WR
Tre Flowers - CB
Wyatt Ray - DE
Darius Phillips - CB
Trenton Irwin- WR
Clay Johnston - LB
Mitchell Wilcox - TE
Fred Johnson - G
Auden Tate - WR

As these players are still Bengals, this is NOT a Free Agency List or Post. This list is again as per Spotrac source.

I see some Bengals here that I would like to see stay Bengals. Bengals resigning some of them Monday to Wednesday would be good news to me. Such as Uzomah and Spain. The Bengals often resign Huber after Free Agency starts, but Bengals are giving all signs they have other punters lined up if they can't. Not sure if Reiff or Ogungobi can be kept, I would like them to stay. So I would love to hear UZOMAH and SPAIN resigned to stay Monday to Wednesday. Some of the lower list names Bengals probably get back as always after the Free Agency rush is over.

Some may remember I was all for letting players leave off the losing Bengals teams of last 3 or 4 years, but with Bengals going to Super Bowl, I am more inclined to see a winning team kept together.

Do any of you see any Bengals Players here that you would like to see kept Monday to Wednesday before Free Agency starts ?

The road back to Super Bowl has already began. GO BENGALS.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will have to take their chances and wait on some of our guys. I do think they probably have spoken with agents of spme of the guys you listed, asking them to have the opportunity to match a best offer.

I don't see any of our free agents being signed the first week, I may be wrong but teams normally go after the expensive free agents first and our guys while good are second and 3rd tier players.

I hope the Bengals trade Hopkins or Waynes and get something for 2022 draft and shed their cap if they sign a CB and a center upgrade early.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Jalen Davis has already been extended

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals will have to take their chances and wait on some of our guys. I do think they probably have spoken with agents of spme of the guys you listed, asking them to have the opportunity to match a best offer.

I don't see any of our free agents being signed the first week, I may be wrong but teams normally go after the expensive free agents first and our guys while good are second and 3rd tier players.

I hope the Bengals trade Hopkins or Waynes and get something for 2022 draft and shed their cap if they sign a CB and a center upgrade early.

This is about the signing period of Monday to Wednesday when teams like Bengals have Exclusive Rights to resign their own players if they can, prior to teams being able to sign opposing players as of Wednesday 4 PM.   The NFL says this window opens Monday at Noon until 4 PM Wednesday.  In that time period I would like to see UZOMAH resigned most of all, if possible.  Any of the top Bengals players on this list and also Spain.  News of a good Bengal resigned BEFORE free agency Wednesday at 4 PM would be good news to me. 

So again, does anybody have any Bengals on this list they would like to see kept as Bengals Monday through Wednesday before Free Agency. 

Some might think they would have been signed by now, but not true. Bengals Owners rule is to not discuss contracts once the season starts, and Super Bowl made it a long season.  So this is first time since August that Bengals Owners would be open to new contracts with these Bengals Players.  I think UZOMAH showed he is more than worth trying to keep as a Burrow pass target. News of a Top Bengals Player resigned BEFORE Wednesday at 4 PM would be good news to me.  I fear Uzomah played so great in season to Super Bowl that he will be a Day One grab by an opposing team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals will have to take their chances and wait on some of our guys. I do think they probably have spoken with agents of spme of the guys you listed, asking them to have the opportunity to match a best offer.

If we know these 2 are being cut everyone in the league does as well.... 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 10:02 AM)kevin Wrote: The Combine Date over, The Franchise Tag Date over.

Next up is The Bengals can get with Bengals Players and their Agents and re-sign them and avoid them becoming Free Agents.

Monday March 14th at Noon this window opens up.  The window closes on Wednesday March 16th at 4 PM.  So a 52 hour window to try to keep any Bengals Super Bowl players they do not want to lose.

Of course the next Key Date is Wednesday March 16th at 4 PM, when teams can start signing opposing teams Free Agents.

So the question is, do you see any Bengals Players the Bengals may be trying hard to strike a deal with Monday to Wednesday so they don't lose them after 4 PM Wednesday ?  

Here a list of Bengals Players by Spotrac Source :

Riley Reiff - T
Larry Ogunjobi- DT
C.J. Uzomah - TE

Josh Tupou - DT
Vernon Hargreaves - CB
Kevin Huber - P
Brandon Allen - QB
Clark Harris - LS
Eli Apple - CB
Jordan Evans - LB
Quinton Spain - G
Mike Thomas - WR
B.J. Hill - DT
Jalen Davis - CB
Stanley Morgan - WR
Tre Flowers - CB
Wyatt Ray - DE
Darius Phillips - CB
Trenton Irwin- WR
Clay Johnston - LB
Mitchell Wilcox - TE
Fred Johnson - G
Auden Tate - WR

As these players are still Bengals, this is NOT a Free Agency List or Post.  This list is again as per Spotrac source.

I see some Bengals here that I would like to see stay Bengals.  Bengals resigning some of them Monday to Wednesday would be good news to me.  Such as Uzomah and Spain.  The Bengals often resign Huber after Free Agency starts, but Bengals are giving all signs they have other punters lined up if they can't.  Not sure if Reiff or Ogungobi can be kept, I would like them to stay.  So I would love to hear UZOMAH and SPAIN resigned to stay Monday to Wednesday. Some of the lower list names Bengals probably get back as always after the Free Agency rush is over.

Some may remember I was all for letting players leave off the losing Bengals teams of last 3 or 4 years, but with Bengals going to Super Bowl, I am more inclined to see a winning team kept together.

Do any of you see any Bengals Players here that you would like to see kept Monday to Wednesday before Free Agency starts ?  

The road back to Super Bowl has already began. GO BENGALS.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Monday can't come soon enough (never thought I'd say that as an adult that works 8-5 M-F lol).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Monday can't come soon enough (never thought I'd say that as an adult that works 8-5 M-F lol).

Best part, my Monday calendar is looking empty and although I have work, I can have "me time" to get it done while following the NFL news.

I suspect the early signings won't include the Bengals. We'll have to patiently wait.
Reply/Quote