Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Year
Next year, I want EVERY defensive player on the Bengals to make EVERY tackle (outside the tackle box, of course) by spearing the offensive player with the crown of their helmet into they're face mask. It'll cost us wins but when the inevitable fines occur, they just point to the Shazier hit on Gio and say the NFL has already said it's ok and not worthy of a fine.

If I was Marvin, after that play, I take the whole team and just walk into the locker room. When asked after the game, I'd reply that the refs clearly were in the pocket of the Steelers so might as well forfeit and not risk the safety of any more of my players by the Steelers dirty tactics. There would be a whooooooooole different shitstorm if THAT's how the game ended.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Next year, I want EVERY defensive player on the Bengals to make EVERY tackle (outside the tackle box, of course) by spearing the offensive player with the crown of their helmet into they're face mask. It'll cost us wins but when the inevitable fines occur, they just point to the Shazier hit on Gio and say the NFL has already said it's ok and not worthy of a fine.

If I was Marvin, after that play, I take the whole team and just walk into the locker room. When asked after the game, I'd reply that the refs clearly were in the pocket of the Steelers so might as well forfeit and not risk the safety of any more of my players by the Steelers dirty tactics. There would be a whooooooooole different shitstorm if THAT's how the game ended.

And then sanctions from the NFL would be more than Mike Brown wants to deal with. Especially once the networks have to scramble and fill empty air time (it's really hard to make beer and trucks look sexy when all you've got is Phil Simms). But until some team does something really outlandish like leaving a game, you're going to have games where the refs do what refs want to do and the league just blabbers about parity and fairness (while tossing out penalties for some, and praise for others).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: And then sanctions from the NFL would be more than Mike Brown wants to deal with. Especially once the networks have to scramble and fill empty air time (it's really hard to make beer and trucks look sexy when all you've got is Phil Simms). But until some team does something really outlandish like leaving a game, you're going to have games where the refs do what refs want to do and the league just blabbers about parity and fairness (while tossing out penalties for some, and praise for others).

True but if it betters the game AND makes me feel better about losing ... Wink
Reply/Quote
He doesn't even have to take them to the locker room. Just pull them off the field and refuse to send them out until a flag is thrown.... which can happen any time before the next play. Have a Jungle Standoff....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He doesn't even have to take them to the locker room. Just pull them off the field and refuse to send them out until a flag is thrown.... which can happen any time before the next play. Have a Jungle Standoff....

Or tell Gio to stay on the ground and tell the refs he ain't moving till a flag is thrown
Reply/Quote
What I want is for every player on this team to stay as pissed off as they were Saturday night and play with that chip on their shoulder all next season....
Reply/Quote
Truth, Sled. I want this to be our Spygate. After Spygate the Patriots clearly decided that if the NFL was going to label them cheaters, well, screw everyone, they were going to run roughshod over the league, with no mercy. I want the Bengals feeling the same way.
Reply/Quote