Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tues-Burrow speaks to the media
I'm done with this shit. Someone wake me up in May.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-is-joe-burrow-looking-for-a-way-out-of-cincinnati-already/
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:57 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I just heard from an anonymous AFC scout that said it looked like Joe Burrow did not fully extend his hand on the ruler, which makes him think that he is sabotaging his first overall pick status to avoid being picked by the Cincinnati Bengals. That same scout said he might not have put his heels against the wall for the height measurement to make himself seem shorter as well.

See, I can make up news too. Maybe I can make my own football website.

JN Hall of Fame post...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Apparently the hand size is not an issue if he signs here. According to an anonymous team source there is already plan in place.

Jerome Simpson has been offered a position with the team, contingent on being a "hand donor" for Joe Burrow.

The procedure is not a full transplant. But, basically, because of his enormous hands, Simpson got a lot to spare.

They will graft about 15% of Jerome's hands on to Joe's. It's a revolutionary procedure. Recovery time is expected to be 14 weeks, which should put Joe's return just in time for the preseason.

Simpson's hands were the rage back then.  Problem was he could not run routes if his life depended upon it and his reading level of the play-book was first grade.   Sad
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:42 AM)Synric Wrote: Justin Jefferson is looking more and more like a Tyler Boyd Clone...Laviska Shenault came in shorter than expected.

Edit: Chase Claypool is 6'4 2/8ths and 238lbs...Gonna be interesting in seeing how he runs especially in the 3cone and shuttles.

Claypool is a bullie at WR.  He is a monster.  not quick of feet though.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 08:30 AM)pally Wrote: The QB press availability at the combine is Tues from 8AM to 11AM.  We are practically guaranteed for the first question to Joe being “will he play for the Bengals if picked”. With any luck the response will be an unequivocal “of course what a ridiculous question”.  If there is ANY ambiguity we are in for an even bigger onslaught of negative press

His response should be, "I'd be happy to play for whichever team picks me."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ironically I've always felt it was the guy with the large hands than had more fumbles because they wanted to run around with the ball in one hand. Guys with smaller hands tend to use the proper technique of both hands on the ball until you go into your throwing motion.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 02:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm done with this shit.  Someone wake me up in May.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-is-joe-burrow-looking-for-a-way-out-of-cincinnati-already/

This is old news Boss.  I think it was over a week ago.  No worries.  The narrative is losing its luster and will soon be a distant memory.  A lot of the conjecture by Journalists is because Burrow has been vague as he should be at this point in case he is not drafted by Bengals.  If he sits out he will be closer to age 24 and have the likes of Lawrence and others to compete.  Could likely go to Bengals again.  

Just like all the excitement going into the Fury-Wilder fight the other night, people want uncertainty in the draft.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Fumbles weren't an issue for him at LSU so I'm not concerned.

Same, what are Hurts hand measurements I wonder? Dude fumbled all the time last season....
Reply/Quote
We drafted John Ross in the top 10, and he doesn't have any hands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
9 inches has always been considered elite from where i am from.
Reply/Quote
Small hands = no chance at a career so Joe has announced he is considering his retirement

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:38 PM)WhoDey Wrote: 9 inches has always been considered elite from where i am from.

Sorry to hear that Hilarious 

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:43 PM)pally Wrote: Small hands = no chance at a career so Joe has announced he is considering his retirement

Funny stuff. Smirk
Reply/Quote
This is what Florio just saw on his twitter feed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Pretty obvious Joe is being sarcastic...
Reply/Quote
I've got to hand it to him, he is handling all this handwringing about his hand size quite well. In times like this Joe's sense of humor comes in very handy. I think we will be in good hands if we take a hands-on approach to handpicking this kid to be our first hired hand of the draft and hand him the starting QB job as it changes hands with Dalton on the way out. I feel that the Bengals have been short-handed at the QB position for quite some time which I believe goes hand in hand with the hands they've been dealt in the postseason. We have got to get our hands on this kid before the losing gets out of hand. Despite the size of his hands, Joe Burrow should be the next Bengal QB to hand off to Joe Mixon. I feel very strongly that Burrow will have a hand in the Bengals' next playoff victory if they hand in a draft card with his name on it. He is hands down the best QB in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:36 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Apparently the hand size is not an issue if he signs here. According to an anonymous team source there is already plan in place.

Jerome Simpson has been offered a position with the team, contingent on being a "hand donor" for Joe Burrow.

The procedure is not a full transplant. But, basically, because of his enormous hands, Simpson got a lot to spare.

They will graft about 15% of Jerome's hands on to Joe's. It's a revolutionary procedure. Recovery time is expected to be 14 weeks, which should put Joe's return just in time for the preseason.

So he has a shot to be ready by 2021 training camp.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote