Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nigerian Army Uses Trump’s Words to Justify Fatal Shooting of Rock-Throwing Protester
(11-05-2018, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What have i actually said that are you disagreeing with? It seems a couple folks (the same "2" folks) are just making up scenarios and then attributing them to other folks, because the facts that we should defend our borders cannot be rationally refuted.  

Well *I* have said that defending the borders is good.  I have also said that a "couple folks" are "making up scenarios" where shooting the members of the caravan would be acceptable...like they are "illegally" trying to gain entry and they will hide behind the women and children.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2018, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You and you alt don't get to manipulate every situation to try to make a point that you are unable to make given the facts provided.

No one here has advocated shooting anyone for a non-violent act; not sure POTUS has advocated shooting anyone for a nonviolent act. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but this post sure makes it sound like people will get shot just for crossing the border illegally

(11-03-2018, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: POTUS deploys troops to dissuade this crossing. 

They cross illegally, someone gets shot
(11-05-2018, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry for the misunderstanding, but this post sure makes it sound like people will get shot just for crossing the border illegally

You do realize I was paraphrasing Dill's stance don't you? It was actually to point to the ignorance of such a claim.

I accept your apology for your lack of comprehension.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-05-2018, 03:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: But we have AERO idea if that would/will happen.

Zero.

In fact that's not even as deep as the POTUS got.  He said if they throw rocks shoot them.

Then he backed off for some reason.

But it's just fear mongering.  

Obviously you didn't like him shooting them, now he's changed it to arrest them, and you're still complaining?
I bet if he said let's play patty-cake with them, you'd still *****.

BTW, because the economy is doing well, and unemployment down, immigration is on the rise as well.
I guess that's Trump's fault too?

(11-05-2018, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering this has never once happened in the history of our southern border how is it that you "Know" this is what is going to happen.

Who threw rocks? it's on video. They will do the same once they reach the US border and the road is blocked. There is always going to be idiots in groups this size.
(11-05-2018, 05:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Obviously you didn't like him shooting them, now he's changed it to arrest them, and you're still complaining?
I bet if he said let's play patty-cake with them, you'd still *****.

I said "some reason" because we don't know *why* he changed his rhetoric.  And no, I think his change is much more reasonable.  

I still think his idea is overkill...and that it only puts our military in a bad position.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2018, 04:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Would you stay behind your wife and child and throw rocks?

Where did I claim that the husbands/fathers will be the ones throwing rocks?

(11-05-2018, 04:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Getting back to my question--is it clear the intent of the 1.500 or so people who actually make it to the border is to "cross illegally"?  I have only heard that in Trump's echo chamber, along with claims they bring disease, ISIS and guns.   

I add that even if people do cross illegally, shooting them is a tremendous escalation

The majority will remain in Mexico, according to the military intelligence which Trump has.

Fear mongering occurs when the President is told by his own military intel that there is no evidence that these asylum seekers harbor ISIS, or bring diseases, or are funded by a Jew named George Soros, but he nevertheless calls them "invaders" and encourages people to believe all manner of unfounded conspiracy theory about threat they pose.

Is a Commander-in-Chief REALLY supposed to protect the border that way? You don't see any possible connection between the fear mongering and midterms and a president without scruples?

Oh they definitely bring disease.
That's the biggest reason each individual that applies legally gets a medical check-up, for contagious diseases and vaccinations up to date.

Don't pass the medical exam, no entry into US.

TB disease in the United States is most common among people who travel to or who were born in countries with high rates of TB.

•In 2016, a total of 68.5% of reported TB cases in the United States occurred among non-U.S.–born persons.
•In 2017, a total of 70.1% of reported TB cases in the United States occurred among non-U.S.-born persons.

TB case counts were highest in California, Texas, New York (including New York City), and Florida. These four states accounted for just under half of the total cases in the United States.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/statistics/tbtrends.htm

I wonder what those states have in common?
(11-05-2018, 06:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh they definitely bring disease.

That's the biggest reason each individual that applies legally gets a medical check-up, for contagious diseases and vaccinations up to date.

Don't pass the medical exam, no entry into US.

TB disease in the United States is most common among people who travel to or who were born in countries with high rates of TB.

•In 2016, a total of 68.5% of reported TB cases in the United States occurred among non-U.S.–born persons.
•In 2017, a total of 70.1% of reported TB cases in the United States occurred among non-U.S.-born persons.

TB case counts were highest in California, Texas, New York (including New York City), and Florida. These four states accounted for just under half of the total cases in the United States.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/statistics/tbtrends.htm

I wonder what those states have in common?

What exactly do you mean by that last comment?  Are you claiming that those states have a higher percentage of Asians, African Americans, and Pacific Islanders?  I see exactly why you failed to add the following stat to these others you are trying to use to show that Mexican Immigrants bring TB to the United States

TB Infection rate per  100,000 in United States

Pacific Islanders...…………......19.1
Asians...…………………………....17.7
Black/African Americans...…… 4.7
Hispanic/Latino...……………….. 4.4

Got to keep out all the dirty, disease-ridden Mexican though, right?
(11-05-2018, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly do you mean by that last comment?  Are you claiming that those states have a higher percentage of Asians, African Americans, and Pacific Islanders?  I see exactly why you failed to add the following stat to these others you are trying to use to show that Mexican Immigrants bring TB to the United States

TB Infection rate per  100,000 in United States

Pacific Islanders...…………......19.1
Asians...…………………………....17.7
Black/African Americans...…… 4.7
Hispanic/Latino...……………….. 4.4

Got to keep out all the dirty, disease-ridden Mexican though, right?

Just doing it like Fred teaches us.
But it really doesn't matter where it comes from, fact is it still does come from there. with TB, all it takes in 1 to start an outbreak with in their community.
(11-05-2018, 06:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Where did I claim that the husbands/fathers will be the ones throwing rocks?

You said: "I don't want the military to have to shoot to defend themselves, we all know how this is going to go down.

Women and children pushed to the front lines and the men stay behind them and throw rocks. And as soon as our military shoots, it will be all over the news that we are shooting innocent Women and Children.

Anyone of you that things otherwise is just kidding themselves."

My apologies. You did not say Husbands/fathers.  But you did not make clear who was pushing the women and children to the front--"Men" but NOT husbands and fathers, who stand by and let that happen? Would the women and children be pushing themselves?

So I'll rephrase my question: Would you let some other man push your wife and children to the front while they threw rocks as soldiers?  Would I be kidding myself to think otherwise?

Also, if we are shooting women and children, then shouldn't it be all over the news that we are--especially if this escalation is on the President's orders?