Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikki Haley Resigns as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/us/politics/nikki-haley-united-nations.html

Quote:President Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki R. Haley, has resigned, ahead of what Mr. Trump promised on Twitter on Tuesday was a “Big announcement” with Ms. Haley at the White House.

Ms. Haley, a former governor of South Carolina, had been an early and frequent critic of Mr. Trump, so when he named her the envoy to the world body weeks after his election in November 2016, the appointment was seen as an olive branch.

Quote:[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]
[/url]Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Big announcement with my friend Ambassador Nikki Haley in the Oval Office at 10:30am.
10:18 AM - Oct 9, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1049665483182694402]7,140 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The daughter of immigrants from India, Ms. Haley favored free markets and global trade and earned international attention for speaking outagainst the Confederate battle flag in the aftermath of the 2015 massacre at a black church in Charleston. During Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, she sharply criticized his demeanor and warned what it might mean for American diplomacy — even suggesting that his tendency to lash out at critics could cause a world war.

As ambassador, Ms. Haley was an outspoken and often forceful envoy — someone whom foreign diplomats looked to for guidance from an administration known for haphazard and inconsistent policy positions. She was quick to voice her own opinions on the big policy issues that are high on her agenda, like Iran and North Korea. And she has cast herself as someone who can sway her mercurial boss on issues like Russia sanctions, refugee resettlement and the value of the United Nations itself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It’s tough being laughed at by your coworkers.
(10-09-2018, 11:44 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It’s tough being laughed at by your coworkers.

Who knows. Maybe she just wanted to dine in peace. But early reports are because of recent turnover in SoS and NSA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
NPR coverage says Haley told Trump six months ago she wanted to take "some time off".  Trumps says he name a replacement "in a couple weeks".

As unprepared as usual for the POTUS.
(10-09-2018, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: NPR coverage says Haley told Trump six months ago she wanted to take "some time off".  Trumps says he name a replacement "in a couple weeks".

Trump naming a replacement early just gives liberal women more time to make up totally fake sexual assault allegations.
(10-09-2018, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: NPR coverage says Haley told Trump six months ago she wanted to take "some time off".  Trumps says he name a replacement "in a couple weeks".

Does the term "trying too hard" mean anything to you? 

This is early OCT and Haley will stay on to the end of the year. Plenty time to name a replacement. 

(10-09-2018, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump naming a replacement early just gives liberal women more time to make up totally fake sexual assault allegations.

Well early talk is it may be a position suited for Lindsey Graham, so maybe it'll be a liberal dude. 

(10-09-2018, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well early talk is it may be a position suited for Lindsey Graham, so maybe it'll be a liberal dude

Mellow

[Image: 2j4rmq.jpg]

Hilarious
(10-09-2018, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: 2j4rmq.jpg]

Hilarious

I don't see the humor or relevance with the gender-shaming meme. 

(10-09-2018, 02:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see the humor or relevance with the gender-shaming meme. 

Oh your fake outrage is sweet.

And funny.

Almost as funny as calling Graham a "liberal dude".

Hilarious

But, for SNG, why do you consider it shaming?   Mellow
(10-09-2018, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well early talk is it may be a position suited for Lindsey Graham, so maybe it'll be a liberal dude. 

(10-09-2018, 02:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't see the humor or relevance with the gender-shaming meme. 

Then why did you start the "gender shaming"?
(10-09-2018, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Almost as funny as calling Graham a "liberal dude".

He did not call Graham a "dude".  He just said any victim of Graham's sexual misconduct would be a dude.
She didn't had an easy job being merely alone against the rest of the world. Having to leave human rights association and acting like crazy with your allies.

She did that very well.

Nobody's gonna miss her.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I thought Haley did a good job. I saw on Facebook there's some talk about accepting free trips and an investigation. Hopefully that's just Facebook fodder, and she goes on to do good things.
I heard say that after almost eight straight years of work she just needs some time off.

I feel the same after 32 straight years.

Luckily I have a government pension and lifetime health insurance....hey...wait a minute.....no I don't!  
(10-09-2018, 03:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought Haley did a good job. I saw on Facebook there's some talk about accepting free trips and an investigation. Hopefully that's just Facebook fodder, and she goes on to do good things.

The magic of the Trump administration. I disagree with Haley on so many things and don't really like her for a number of reasons. But when you look at her relative to the rest of the administration, well, I have to agree with your sentiment.

I should note, though, that as far as Republicans go I find her less objectionable than many others.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Ann Coulter suggested Ivanka as soon as the news broke. Trump has already said that he thinks she'd do a good job.

Awesome
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-09-2018, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you start the "gender shaming"?

(10-09-2018, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not call Graham a "dude".  He just said any victim of Graham's sexual misconduct would be a dude.

Thank you for trying to clear up Dino's confusion; although, I asserted any allegations of sexual misconduct directed toward Graham could be a dude. But you were close, so thanks. In appreciation of your efforts I'm going to explain to you why Dino's meme is gender-shaming and my assertion is not.

Dino's meme suggests to show emotion one must be feminine.  It asserts that showing emotion cannot be masculine. It points directly to gender roles and feebly tries to assert that one that shows emotion is a woman.

Now my assertion points to the fact that a life-long bachelor  from the deep south that has no romantic ties to a female could equally be considered to be tied to a male.

One examples attempts to pass judgement and shame; while the other does not. Hopefully you now understand the difference and will be able to identify it moving forward. 

(10-09-2018, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dino's meme suggests to show emotion one must be feminine.  It asserts that showing emotion cannot be masculine. It points directly to gender roles and feebly tries to assert that one that shows emotion is a woman.

Uh, no.  All it does is claim that Graham was putting on a show and faking his self-righteous indignation.  It does suggest he is effeminate, but it in no way tries to claim that only women show emotion.
(10-09-2018, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  All it does is claim that Graham was putting on a show and faking his self-righteous indignation.  It does suggest he is effeminate, but it in no way tries to claim that only women show emotion.

Then why not say best supporting actor? Why do you think it suggests he is effeminate? Is it an attempt to applaud him or insult him? 

Hang in there, we can work through this. The gender-shaming in the meme provided by Dino is evident, but I understand why some would try to excuse it.