Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nit-picking
I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

I feel like the talent I not on display and we go into regression mode for a quarter or two in almost each game.

We see flashes of SICKNESS but then we can play so FLAT.

AD is playing brilliant football - but - I still think the O stalls or gets into some bizarre dynamic whereby we do not resemble the Bengals we know we can be.

I don't expect perfection but I know this team is still much more talented than what has been put on display.

I'm still waiting for them to pull the trigger and UNLOAD, open it up and PUNISH (embarrass) teams!!

We have the talent to do so!
Reply/Quote
Right now, my nitpicky concern is two blocked kicks in two games. That can't keep happening.
Reply/Quote
im gonna nit pick you making this thread twice... Go delete the other one
Reply/Quote
Nit Picking

Nit Picker
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

I feel like the talent I not on display and we go into regression mode for a quarter or two in almost each game.

Eh, I don't think so. It's not like they're playing high school teams.

Even in the most lopsided victories — when we drubbed the Oilers 61-17 or when Brees went nearly  perfect 31-of-35 and five touchdowns against the Colts a few years ago — no team scores every play. The opposing offense is going to make plays. So is their defense.

Just because we don't score every touch, or even every fourth touch, doesn't mean we're flat. Sometimes it just means the other team is running hot. We just have to be in position to capitalize when they cool off. And, so far, we are.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

AD is playing brilliant football - but - I still think the O stalls or gets into some bizarre dynamic whereby we do not resemble the Bengals we know we can be.

I don't expect perfection but I know this team is still much more talented than what has been put on display.

I'm still waiting for them to pull the trigger and UNLOAD, open it up and PUNISH (embarrass) teams!!

We have the talent to do so!

It is absurd to believe that this team should be averaging over 40 points per game.

The Bengals have a good offense, but it is not the greatest in the history of the league.
Reply/Quote
That is sort of my point though Fred. I have no reason to believe that we cannot be THE MOST POTENT O in the league....all fan-hood aside.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is absurd to believe that this team should be averaging over 40 points per game.

The Bengals have a good offense, but it is not the greatest in the history of the league.

And they are not playing guys off the streets... they actually line up against NFL defenses.  They showed a graphic last night that the Bengals are averaging the second most points among the unbeaten teams.  They are playing quite well.
Reply/Quote
They would have gotten more points if the D had gotten some turnovers. We had good field position but we never had amazing field position. I don't think we have had one defensive score all season.

Nit-picking was acceptable last week, but not this week. 31 points when your defense has 0 turnovers is perfectly acceptable (imo). 
Reply/Quote
The only "issue" I have is that Jeremy Hill doesn't seem "right". He's not playing like he did last year. I don't know if it's due to injury or if it's something in his head.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. 

Has anyone checked the warp drive?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M2fd2a1fbfe8e18d4d36562ad4f1bd...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: That is sort of my point though Fred. I have no reason to believe that we cannot be THE MOST POTENT O in the league....all fan-hood aside.

The '07 Patriots hold the all-time record when they averaged 36.8 points per game.  As much as I like the Bengals I think it is a bit of a stretch to think they are the more than 10% better than the highest scoring team in NFL history.

To me it sound like a desperate attempt to justify complaining.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The '07 Patriots hold the all-time record when they averaged 36.8 points per game.  As much as I like the Bengals I think it is a bit of a stretch to think they are the more than 10% better than the highest scoring team in NFL history.

To me it sound like a desperate attempt to justify complaining.

Ohhh! I see what you did there, fred!

Math.

Who knew? Who knew the 70% figure was finger-plucked from a butthole?

EDIT: Whacked, I'm just playin'. I don't believe 40 ppg is reasonable to expect, but I tentatively agree that Cincinnati '15 could be named among the all-time best before all is said and done. The Eifert Factor is perhaps destined to be as noteworthy as the Gronk Factor, and AJ/MJ is a very Moss-y situation for the competition.
Reply/Quote