Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nit-picking
I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

I feel like the talent is still not fully on display and we go into regression mode for a quarter or two in almost each game.

We see flashed of SICKNESS but then we can play so FLAT.

AD is playing brilliant football - but - I still think the O stalls or gets into some bizarre dynamic whereby we do not resemble the Bengals we know we can be.

I don't expect perfection but I know this team is still much more talented than what has been put on display.

I'm still waiting for them to pull the trigger and UNLOAD, open it up and PUNISH (embarrass) teams!!

We have the talent to do so!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:17 PM)Whacked Wrote: I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

I feel like the talent is still not fully on display and we go into regression mode for a quarter or two in almost each game.

AD is playing brilliant football - but - I still think the O stalls or gets into some bizarre dynamic whereby we do not resemble the Bengals we know we can be.

I don't expect perfection but I know this team is still much more talented than what has been put on display.

I'm still waiting for them to pull the trigger and UNLOAD, open it up and PUNISH (embarrass) teams!!

[quote pid='103625' dateline='1446833867']
I was thinking last night while watching, it's the scheme.  Love me some Hue.  But sometimes, just like Gruden, he gets enamored with his plays and play calling.  I sometimes scratch my head with some of the calls.  There are so many weapons on this team, he gets caught up in some of it, sometimes to his detriment.  But, he's agressive.  Can't fault that.  I thought it was brilliant the way he kept feeding the ball to Gio.  While some want Hill to get going (as do I), both these RBs are going to be fresh for the playoffs if they keep splitting carries.

[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:17 PM)Whacked Wrote: I still think this Offense is only operating at 70% maximum capacity. Scary when you think about how insane this team will be once we truly put all the pieces together.

It is week 9 now and we do not have any major injuries. If the Bengals are still running at 70 percent then I think that is who we are.
Reply/Quote
When you relentlessly throw on 1st down you're going to look bad sometimes.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:43 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: It is week 9 now and we do not have any major injuries. If the Bengals are still running at 70 percent then I think that is who we are.

I disagree. I think the play calling can improve even more, as can some of the execution. This offense still has some untapped potential, that I think will come out down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:47 PM)Utts Wrote: I disagree. I think the play calling can improve even more, as can some of the execution. This offense still has some untapped potential, that I think will come out down the stretch.

this team is averaging over 28 points a game... they have had a variety of players score and had consistent play calling... i would not mess with the formula at all... keep posting  28 a game and down the stretch will be just fine
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:47 PM)IUtts Wrote: I disagree. I think the play calling can improve even more, as can some of the execution. This offense still has some untapped potential, that I think will come out down the stretch.

Yup! Big time. 
Reply/Quote
They still haven't played their best football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When you relentlessly throw on 1st down you're going to look bad sometimes.

When you relentlessly run on first down you are going to look bad sometimes.

What is your point?

BTW the Bengals did not get to be #5 in the league in rush attempts by just running on second and third down.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When you relentlessly throw on 1st down you're going to look bad sometimes.

Don't let perception interfere with reality.

You seemed quite upset last night with us passing on first down, and then after this comment I crunched the numbers.

Note:  These numbers DO NOT COUNT first down plays that result in taking a knee -OR- QB scrambles, as they can not be distinguished as an escape or a designed run in the NFL Play-by-play.

For last night's game:  First Down Plays Pass % .444  Run % .519

After 8 games:  EXACTLY .500 Run and Pass % on First Down
Reply/Quote
What's my point? Hue Jackson can do better. Don't agree with me? 

My point is when you throw for 3 first downs in a row and you miss (inevitably), you're left in 2nd and long. 3rd and long. You put GIO in a hole when you ask him to run on 2nd and 3rd and 10.

We threw 4 downs in a row and were bailed out by the Browns offsides. Does it smell familiar to you, remember our 1st and 5 at the goal line the previous game? Lol.

I'm saying Gio is guaranteed 3-4 on 1st, 2nd and 6 seems hell of a lot more manageable with a run or pass.

When a team proves they can stop what you're doing, then you stop. The Bengals rushed for over 150 yards that game and they proved on a few drives that they didn't care about that.

I'm specifically talking about Gio, considering HIll takes so damn long to get a 1yard gain. 

It's fruitless argument to disagree with 2nd and 3rd and short is better than 2nd and 3rd and long. Remember the thread title. Bengals run almost the most running plays in the league, but it's because they have a great running game. Patriots rarely run (does anyone even know their RB?). The teams we face aren't that good, the Patriots pounce on little mistakes (e.g. 4 passes in a row down in the endzone, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be offsides) - haha.

I'm elaborating on what most in this thread agree on, that "they can play better", better playcalling. So I have backup, for once.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's my point? Hue Jackson can do better. Don't agree with me? 

My point is when you throw for 3 first downs in a row and you miss (inevitably), you're left in 2nd and long. 3rd and long. You put GIO in a hole when you ask him to run on 2nd and 3rd and 10.

We threw 4 downs in a row and were bailed out by the Browns offsides. Does it smell familiar to you, remember our 1st and 5 at the goal line the previous game? Lol.

I'm saying Gio is guaranteed 3-4 on 1st, 2nd and 6 seems hell of a lot more manageable with a run or pass.

When a team proves they can stop what you're doing, then you stop. The Bengals rushed for over 150 yards that game and they proved on a few drives that they didn't care about that.

I'm specifically talking about Gio, considering HIll takes so damn long to get a 1yard gain. 

It's fruitless argument to disagree with 2nd and 3rd and short is better than 2nd and 3rd and long. Remember the thread title.

This is the biggest difference my eyes see this year compared to last, Hill just seems like he is not nearly as quick and explosive through the line.  I can't imagine he's lost that much speed in a year so it has to be his decision-making - he appears to dance around behind the line of scrimmage and not as decisive.  Maybe he's been watch tape of LeVeon Bell?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's my point? Hue Jackson can do better. Don't agree with me? 

It's fruitless argument to disagree with 2nd and 3rd and short is better than 2nd and 3rd and long. Remember the thread title. Bengals run almost the most running plays in the league, but it's because they have a great running game. Patriots rarely run (does anyone even know their RB?). The teams we face aren't that good, the Patriots pounce on little mistakes (e.g. 4 passes in a row down in the endzone, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be offsides) - haha.

I'm elaborating on what most in this thread agree on, that "they can play better", better playcalling. So I have backup, for once.

Dude, they are 3rd in the NFL in scoring and 6th in total offense and 8-0 while playing the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL this season.

- Debbie downers are now trotting out some stat that the JUST showed during the Browns game as if it is some tell tail ultimate sign of rushing prowess.  Rolleyes  Until then, I had never even seen that stat come up anywhere... ever!

I don't give a flying DUCK what they do or don't do on whatever downs they do or don't do it on because whatever they are doing has been incredible.

I think some of our brains as Bengals fans have been fried to think that the team needs to be #1 in every statistical category to win. They don't. They can technically play better, I guess, but to what end? The final results would be identical: 8-0.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This is the biggest difference my eyes see this year compared to last, Hill just seems like he is not nearly as quick and explosive through the line.  I can't imagine he's lost that much speed in a year so it has to be his decision-making - he appears to dance around behind the line of scrimmage and not as decisive.  Maybe he's been watch tape of LeVeon Bell?

It's not only the dancing and juking behind the line of scrimmage.

It's the going down on simple shoestring tackles.

Last game Hill had Whitworth out front ready to block downfield for what surely would have been a huge gain.

It was a perfect scenario for any RB.

Sadly Hill gets tripped up by one hand from a defender on the ground.

Like others I loved me some JH when we drafted him.

Mostly because I wanted to see BJGE gone or at least diminished role on the team.

That being said... Jeremy better get back to form or he'll be seeing the pine much more.

As of now the dude just looks average at best.

Did any of you guys see Gio look over to the sidelines when he busted a nice run up the gut?

It appeared to look like "Hey JH look at me!".

I know it's probably a good competition between teammates... but you just know it's gotta be eatin' at Hill that Gio is successful hitting the hole fast between the tackles.

Hopefully the coaches can get into his head and discipline his vision/technique to be the RB he can still be. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

My point is that EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league could do better.  There is not one single team that score every time they have the ball.  Fans that cry and moan unless we score everytime we have the ball just like to whine

(11-07-2015, 10:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm saying Gio is guaranteed 3-4 on 1st,

This is just ridiculous.  Gio has been stopped for less than 3 yards plenty of times this year, but even if he had not you are missing one HUGE point.  A major reason that gio has been so successful is that teams HAVE TO RESPECT OUR PASSING GAME.  If we start running Gio 100% of the time on first down then his effectiveness will dry up fast.

Do the Bengals have room to improve?   Sure.

Can fans just throw out some hypothetical game plan and guarantee it would be unstoppable?   No chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 12:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did any of you guys see Gio look over to the sidelines when he busted a nice run up the gut?

It appeared to look like "Hey JH look at me!".

You have got to be kidding. LMAO

Were you the same guy that could tell that A.J. was mad at Dalton and wanted out of Cincinnati just by the way he stood on the sidelines or celebrated after a TD?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have got to be kidding. LMAO

Were you the same guy that could tell that A.J. was mad at Dalton and wanted out of Cincinnati just by the way he stood on the sidelines or celebrated after a TD?

No. To AJ and Dalton.

No one knows for sure that Gio and Hill are competing, but that kind of thing does happen.

It's the nature of athletes especially those who play the same position.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't let perception interfere with reality.

You seemed quite upset last night with us passing on first down, and then after this comment I crunched the numbers.

Note:  These numbers DO NOT COUNT first down plays that result in taking a knee -OR- QB scrambles, as they can not be distinguished as an escape or a designed run in the NFL Play-by-play.

For last night's game:  First Down Plays Pass % .444  Run % .519

After 8 games:  EXACTLY .500 Run and Pass % on First Down

50/50 at the half way point of the season is exactly where I want it.

Keep them guessing. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I'm saying Gio is guaranteed 3-4
on 1st, 2nd and 6 seems hell of a lot more manageable with a run or pass.

No, he isn't. 

Dion Lewis and Legarette Blount. How often do you watch the Patriots? They have 11 less carries than us in one less game
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."
Formerly known as NASBengalfan
Reply/Quote

I definately agree and i know the the entire Offense would as well.

This Offense has the ability to score 45+ points every week against nearly every Defense with all these
weapons, these RB's, this QB and lastly this O-line. Just need to get it rolling, like you said, kind of scary.

Scary good this Offense can be...
Reply/Quote