Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No 1 Need in 2022 Draft
(10-02-2021, 10:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s a long way until the draft, but interior o-line and RT will need addressed. CB will as well.

Yep. I'm good with Reiff for the moment, but he ain't exactly a spring chicken. It'd be nice to get out in front of age and departures this time around. I guess they tried last time, but swing and a miss.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I expect Reiff, Hill, Ogunjobi and especially Spain will get extensions worked out. The team nowadays seems willing to spend money and more decisive with how they do it.

As to draft needs it's actually a little hard to totally figure out yet. They should keep restocking the cupboard on the OL for sure and possibly another rangy Free Safety - the nice thing is there aren't immediate "must take" needs as I have to think that if Trey Hill is not ready they will target a Center in Free Agency at bare minimum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tackle or Corner. Either should be our BPA right now. Should look into drafting a center if Trey Hill can't solidify that position in the next year or 2.
Reply/Quote
Trenches first! Then probably CB.
Reply/Quote
Potential "need" areas would be...

G-Depending on Spain resigning and/or quality replacement signed. The development of depth guys like Smith and is also a factor here.

T-Replace "Spain" with "Reiff" in the above statement. Prince may also be a factor.

TE-Uzomah is an UFA.

3-Tech-Ogunjobi and Hill are UFA's.

Other possibilities include...

C-Probably not a need, but a position that can definitely be upgraded.

RB-Mixon is hitting the age where RB's hit the wall and is on pace for a ton of wear and tear this season.

I personally don't see the need at CB at all. Awuzie is allowing the lowest completion % in the league and Waynes and Hilton are both solid. Depth need, sure, but not 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: A true game changing shut down CB.

How many of those do you really find at pick 32?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Out of Spain, Reiff, Ogunjobi, Hill, I would hope we can re-sign at least a couple of them.

It's just way to early to tell what the "No. 1 Draft Need" really is with so many games left and Free Agents in question.

I'm gonna say offensive line with LG and RT free agents and Center struggling.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think they will resign Rieff at RT, Bates is a ? To me if they trade him or re-sign (smart money is on re-signing), TE to me still a need even after what CJ.did against the Jags, 3T could be a major headache if Larry and Hill continue on their seasons (both are free agents), I think they will cut Hopkins @ C, and I think Wayne's will be cut.

1.) CB
2.)C
3.)TE
4.) 3T
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
First round? Please not a
Center. Tell me the last time the Pats spent first round draft capital on a center.

Also…. Remember how this went last time?!!
Reply/Quote
Offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So for everyone saying RT where do you see D’Ante Smith playing once he’s ready? I know we played him at OG all preseason, but I think that was more about seeing if he could beat out XSF and Carman. I can’t imagine him not being an OT at some point. If you made a prototypical OT in a lab he would look like Smith. At least in terms of size and arm length. I think he’s our future RT once he gets strong enough.

I see him competing for the RT job. I just don’t want the Bengals to completely bank on a 4th round pick. Either resign Reiff or draft another one high. If Smith really shows up, then he can start and we benefit greatly from the depth. If not, we have options.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 09:50 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I see him competing for the RT job. I just don’t want the Bengals to completely bank on a 4th round pick. Either resign Reiff or draft another one high. If Smith really shows up, then he can start and we benefit greatly from the depth. If not, we have options.

I echo these thoughts. If we can get a Slater or Sewell type prospect at RT and have Smith as quality depth I think that’s a best case scenario for long-term comfort at tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok taking a corner, IF there is a true shut down corner available when we pick. (I don't really watch enough college ball to know what's out there) Other than that, I'd say bring in more interior linemen. It's be nice to get a couple who could sit and learn for a minute behind guys like Spain, and eventually take their spot or fill in for injury. That said, Smith and Prince seem to be coming into their own. Basically, outside of WR, which we do not need, they'll most likely just go BPA.
Reply/Quote
WR

[Image: Scanners-HeadExplode.gif?__SQUARESPACE_C...1711572605]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:07 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Cornerback.

Thoughts?

YES or a C in rd 1 and a CB rd 2....this is assuming  we resign some guys like Larry O, Reif, etc
Id still like to see another top notch TE added. Uzo was awsome the other night but I still think the need is there. 
I dont think D Sample has caught one pass all yr if im not mistaken? And the fact they were putting in the extra OT (Prince) on running plays tells me that his apparent talent in Blocking isnt all that great either. 
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

Where the Bengals will be picking Ninja , I would go with another LB.  The very top LBs may still be there but we will be on the 5th or 6th best CB or OT.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Needs should be addressed in FA. Draft should be for BPA

This past year's draft a perfect example of that.  Chase over Sewell, BPA.  Reiff in FA.
Reply/Quote
I think they keep building the OL depth through the draft. They will do what they did in 2020.
Use a 2nd round or more on a guy they like who will sit for a year as a backup.
They will draft best available CB with their first pick.

Trey Hill will be our next Center. They will sign Spain and Reiff for another year unless they are way too expensive.
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

The team still needs a long term answers at RT, LG and Center. I'm assuming that Carman works out at RG. If Carman is moved to RT next season, then there we'll still need to address the interior line - again.

The top 3 corners on the team have all come in free agency and if a top corner is there when the Bengals pick, then it would not be bad to use that pick on a corner. It's an expensive position to fill in free agency.

Bates is in the final year of his rookie deal and he'll be in high demand come the off season, so a good cover safety could become an instant need.

Reply/Quote
It’s been fun to have a solid D again.

So my answer is to at the very least, maintain current roster.

Better to shore it up though. Injuries happen.

That said, keeping Burrow upright more and creating more holes for Mixon makes this O pretty unstoppable. Loaded with weapons.
Reply/Quote