Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
No Back-Up QB on The Roster AT THIS TIME
Return of the Red Rifle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:21 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Return of the Red Rifle

How perfect would that be? He knows the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:30 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: How perfect would that be?  He knows the playbook.

Also has a winning record as a starter.

Just sayin'
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

He's the backup for what should be a playoff Saints team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:08 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: Relax. Players are soon to be moved to IR which allows Allen to be signed back.

Well,I was sort of hoping Kevin was on to something in his assessment.Would love to see them get a competant back-up QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Ok, Bengals dropping Allen has already been posted. Yet the day before they cut Browning and the next day put him on the Practice Squad. This leaves just Joe Burrow to suit up for Steelers and you Know they won't be that stupid.

Now the Bengals picked up a Guard, a TE and a DT cut from other teams. Maybe Bengals are making Salary Cap moves to make these Add Ons, or not.

Now they could just move Browning up from Practice Squad. They would still need a QB on the Practice Squad.

No matter how you look at it, Bengals have to add a QB now. Does Allen come right back as Browning did, or are the Bengals looking at a QB that now has no team and would make a great back-up to Burrow. Or do they just bring in anybody as 3rd string practice squad on the cheap to make money room for other players.

The Bengals are indeed making many moves as teams cut players, so there may be kind of a Big Name QB surprise coming as Burrows Back-Up. I have no problem with them promoting Browning ton suit up against Steelers but they would still have to add a #3 QB to the practice squad in case of injuries.

The Bengals will NOT suit up only one QB to take on Steelers. More Bengals Moves are Coming.

PS : I do not see Bengals changing the starting LG, and also adding a G, DT , TE, and also dropping Browning one day and bringing him back the next day and dropping Allen as BENGALS confused and in trouble. NO, I see this as a Super Bowl team trying to get even better as they use teams now cutting players as Free Agency Round 2. This Front Office has Changed. That they made the moves needed to Win in The Play-Offs for first time in 30 years. That they even sold Stadium Name Advertising taking Paul Browns name off, but bringing in more Money to improve the team as just about every NFL team does. The Paul Brown Stadium move shows THIS is a whole new Front Office on doing things. After 30 years of losing, it was more than needed. So Bengals being more ACTIVE during player cuts before season to me is not Panic, but just The New and Improved way of doing things, as Super Bowl season shows

“The front office has changed”.The front office has changed??? I hope so,but I can’t see Mike Brown changing any time soon,if ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Ok, Bengals dropping Allen has already been posted.  Yet the day before they cut Browning and the next day put him on the Practice Squad.  This leaves just Joe Burrow to suit up for Steelers and you Know they won't be that stupid.

Now the Bengals picked up a Guard, a TE and a DT cut from other teams.  Maybe Bengals are making Salary Cap moves to make these Add Ons, or not.

Now they could just move Browning up from Practice Squad.  They would still need a QB on the Practice Squad.  

No matter how you look at it, Bengals have to add a QB now.  Does Allen come right back as Browning did, or are the Bengals looking at a QB that now has no team and would make a great back-up to Burrow.  Or do they just bring in anybody as 3rd string practice squad on the cheap to make money room for other players.  

The Bengals are indeed making many moves as teams cut players, so there may be kind of a Big Name QB surprise coming as Burrows Back-Up.   I have no problem with them promoting Browning ton suit up against Steelers but they would still have to add a #3 QB to the practice squad in case of injuries.  

The Bengals will NOT suit up only one QB to take on Steelers.  More Bengals Moves are Coming.

PS : I do not see Bengals changing the starting LG, and also adding a G, DT , TE, and also dropping Browning one day and bringing him back the next day and dropping Allen as BENGALS confused and in trouble.  NO, I see this as a Super Bowl team trying to get even better as they use teams now cutting players as Free Agency Round 2.   This Front Office has Changed.  That they made the moves needed to Win in The Play-Offs for first time in 30 years. That they even sold Stadium Name Advertising taking Paul Browns name off, but bringing in more Money to improve the team as just about every NFL team does.  The Paul Brown Stadium move shows THIS is a whole new Front Office on doing things. After 30 years of losing, it was more than needed.  So Bengals being more ACTIVE during player cuts before season to me is not Panic, but just The New and Improved way of doing things, as Super Bowl season shows

[Image: clint-eastwood-gran-torino.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:16 AM)kevin Wrote: But don't rule out that Browning beat Allen out of his job.  

Uh. Yeah, you can rule that out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

[Image: tumblr_n9poi8SKC11tw1vhco1_500.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's the backup for what should be a playoff Saints team.

Would love to see him here as the back up for what IS a playoff Bengals team.

Not gonna happen.  But, he’d be WAY better than Allen.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen has been re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 01:30 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: How perfect would that be? He knows the playbook.

Page one: **** It... Jamarr's Down There Somewhere.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote