Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengal better this year?
(12-01-2019, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tyler Boyd, all he needs is someone to throw him the dang ball..

I think that I misunderstood the premise of this thread, when I first read the title.

With that in mind, I go with Auden Tate as most improved Bengal.  He's developing into a reliable target.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm one, but only because we hype a late round receiver every year since medieval times and they almost never pan out.

Tate being semi-decent = I'll have to hear about Hingle McCringleberry from San Diego Tech every year for the forseeable future.

.....but ya shoulda listened to ya boy. When have you seen me hype those preseason hero WRs? Auden's been making circus catches as long as I've been watching him. He's just slow.  Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross was showing signs of improving early, but then we all know what happened next...

Good point.  He won't get anything but grief around here, but he showed what he can do if incorporated in to the offense.  Gio is still wondering why he hasn't been included.  And ditto Uzomah, although he looked good yesterday aside from his easy dropped TD.  
Reply/Quote
Pratt is flying to the ball better. I think Pratt is a keeper.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:15 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Pratt is flying to the ball better.  I think Pratt is a keeper.

You've noticed that too, eh? I think he's getting better due to actually being on the field more, thus slowing the game down a bit for him. Him getting better and Dennard back has helped our tackling and pursuit on the edge. WJIII made some very nice open field tackles yesterday as well.

Reply/Quote
Alright stop it! Stop it right now! All this positive talk along with the likelihood we will still get the first pick in the draft is making me excited for next season. As we all know it does no good to get your hopes up with this organization.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Tate for sure

There's several members on here with a serving of crow waiting.

Just a friendly reminder that this coaching staff had Tate inactive Week 1 and STARTED Damion Willis the first two weeks of the season.

Gotta slap some of this positive nonsense with a bit of reality. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a friendly reminder that this coaching staff had Tate inactive Week 1 and STARTED Damion Willis the first two weeks of the season.

Last year's staff hardly played the guy, if at all, and if memory serves, Tate was dinged up to start the season this year.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a friendly reminder that this coaching staff had Tate inactive Week 1 and STARTED Damion Willis the first two weeks of the season.

Gotta slap some of this positive nonsense with a bit of reality.  Ninja

To be fair I think just about everybody here bought into the Willis (preseason) shine. I know I did and that's one of the very few things I don't blame them for.

(12-02-2019, 10:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Last year's staff hardly played the guy, if at all, and if memory serves, Tate was dinged up to start the season this year.

If I had a nickel for every player the staff no longer here didn't play......

And moreover refused to sit down.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To be fair I think just about everybody here bought into the Willis (preseason) shine. I know I did and that's one of the very few things I don't blame them for.

If I had a nickel for every player the staff no longer here didn't play......

And moreover refused to sit down.

Right, and best I remember, Tate missed the last preseason game due to injury. He was still recovering the first couple of weeks this year.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm one, but only because we hype a late round receiver every year since medieval times and they almost never pan out.

Tate being semi-decent = I'll have to hear about Hingle McCringleberry from San Diego Tech every year for the forseeable future.

Tate is more than semi-decent. He's averaging just over 50 yards/game, which would be over 800 yards over the course of a full season. Surprisingly, he's only caught 1 TD. Given his TD catching prowess at Florida St (not some non-power-5-conference school or non-football-relevant program), I'm hoping he starts making more contributions in that area moving forward.

Tate has been playing like a true WR2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....but ya shoulda listened to ya boy. When have you seen me hype those preseason hero WRs? Auden's been making circus catches as long as I've been watching him. He's just slow.  Wink

Fair enough. You hyping a 7th round WR is kinda like me hyping one.

(12-02-2019, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tate is more than semi-decent. He's averaging just over 50 yards/game, which would be over 800 yards over the course of a full season. Surprisingly, he's only caught 1 TD. Given his TD catching prowess at Florida St (not some non-power-5-conference school or non-football-relevant program), I'm hoping he starts making more contributions in that area moving forward.

Tate has been playing like a true WR2.

I wasn't insulting the guy. Semi-decent is what I consider a solid #2. A contributor but not a star player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. You hyping a 7th round WR is kinda like me hyping one.

I wasn't insulting the guy. Semi-decent is what I consider a solid #2. A contributor but not a star player.

Ahh. I consider someone who is a solid #2 to be labeled as "solid." I interpret "semi-decent" as being (much) worse than solid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tate is getting better and better as a WR. Especially his route running. His footwork is improving.
He has 39 catches for the year In 11 games played.
28 have gone for 1st downs.
So chances are when Tate catches a pass (usually above his head)
He's moving the chains for.a 1st down
Hes keeping a drive alive
He's due for a 100 yd game
BTW how's Cody Core doing these days ?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I misunderstood the premise of this thread, when I first read the title.

With that in mind, I go with Auden Tate as most improved Bengal.  He's developing into a reliable target.

That guy is fun to watch. Just some ridiculous catches.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. You hyping a 7th round WR is kinda like me hyping one.

Full disclosure, I'm a big FSU fan, but I just felt if given the chance, he could be a good possession type receiver. He's a guy that can make the tough 3rd down catch to keep the chains moving, and he's hard to bring down. He'll likely never wow us, but he can be a nice complimentary piece. It's funny looking back, just because I said we should make him active and lose Cody Core, some equated that to me saying he'd be a HOFer. LOL. The craziest thing I said was he could be a poor man's Anquan Boldin. He might just do that if he keeps improving.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:21 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Full disclosure, I'm a big FSU fan, but I just felt if given the chance, he could be a good possession type receiver. He's a guy that can make the tough 3rd down catch to keep the chains moving, and he's hard to bring down. He'll likely never wow us, but he can be a nice complimentary piece. It's funny looking back, just because I said we should make him active and lose Cody Core, some equated that to me saying he'd be a HOFer. LOL. The craziest thing I said was he could be a poor man's Anquan Boldin. He might just do that if he keeps improving.

Well the mention of his 3rd down conversion rate reminds me of Housh, who used to be clutch on 3rd down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Gotta slap some of this positive nonsense with a bit of reality.  Ninja

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051642/article/week-1-injury-report-for-sundays-nfl-games

He was listed as doubtful for Week 1 with a knee injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 08:53 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051642/article/week-1-injury-report-for-sundays-nfl-games

He was listed as doubtful for Week 1 with a knee injury.

Thank you, I knew he had some sort of injury, just couldn't remember what it was.

Reply/Quote
considering the swirling winds and all Dalton may have played his best game as a Bengal Sunday.
Reply/Quote