Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengal better this year?
Dalton got out there, didn't overthink it, and just played. That's generally when athletes are at their best.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can't believe y'all are forgetting about Huber. Best Bengals this year. Granted the punter should NOT be the best player on your team but it is what it is.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

He's been my team MVP so far. He and Simmons have the STs playing at a very high level..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Full disclosure, I'm a big FSU fan, but I just felt if given the chance, he could be a good possession type receiver. He's a guy that can make the tough 3rd down catch to keep the chains moving, and he's hard to bring down. He'll likely never wow us, but he can be a nice complimentary piece. It's funny looking back, just because I said we should make him active and lose Cody Core, some equated that to me saying he'd be a HOFer. LOL. The craziest thing I said was he could be a poor man's Anquan Boldin. He might just do that if he keeps improving.

To be honest I thought Tate would be a complete bust so it shows you just how much I paid attention to the guy early on.. I'm usually not a huge fan of being proven wrong, but I'm glad I was with Tate. I used to know a very lovely young woman by the name of Tate years ago, but I was married to her best friend back then and her best friend turned out to abandon my kids when they were babies.. Go figure, eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 03:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: To be honest I thought Tate would be a complete bust so it shows you just how much I paid attention to the guy early on.. I'm usually not a huge fan of being proven wrong, but I'm glad I was with Tate. I used to know a very lovely young woman by the name of Tate years ago, but I was married to her best friend back then and her best friend turned out to abandon my kids when they were babies.. Go figure, eh?

Well that sucks! 

Yeah, I feel like he wouldn't have been a 7th rounder if not for the lack of speed. I saw quite a few really nice contested and acrobatic catches during his time in Tallahassee. That's the only reason I thought he might make it. Most people on here aren't big FSU fans, so it's understandable that folks were skeptical. I just had a bunch that if we was given a chance, he'd produce at least a little bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross was showing signs of improving early, but then we all know what happened next...

Auden Tate deserves to be on the field all game,that guy is a baller and some the crazy catches he makes is just unbelievable.I hope he gets a new contract,We have the receivers and the rbs,all we need to do is upgrade both lines as any top team each and every year,knows it all starts with your lines,the great teams have top notch linemen.nuff said.When aj comes back and stays healthy we are going to be a force if and when they fix the lines.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well that sucks! 

Yeah, I feel like he wouldn't have been a 7th rounder if not for the lack of speed. I saw quite a few really nice contested and acrobatic catches during his time in Tallahassee. That's the only reason I thought he might make it. Most people on here aren't big FSU fans, so it's understandable that folks were skeptical. I just had a bunch that if we was given a chance, he'd produce at least a little bit.

Isn't that the NFL now though? Teams value 40 yard dash times over if guys can actually make plays on the ball. (ie Ross)
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can't believe y'all are forgetting about Huber. Best Bengals this year. Granted the punter should NOT be the best player on your team but it is what it is.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
I still need to get my Huber Jersey.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't that the NFL now though? Teams value 40 yard dash times over if guys can actually make plays on the ball. (ie Ross)

Yup, pretty much.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 01:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: considering the swirling winds and all Dalton may have played his best game as a Bengal Sunday.

Nah. It wasn’t even his best game against the Jets.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 09:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. It wasn’t even his best game against the Jets.

For sure, I was at that thrashing we laid on em a few years back. Five TDs, I think?

Then again, the rest of the team was much better then too.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 11:24 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: For sure, I was at that thrashing we laid on em a few years back. Five TDs, I think?

Then again, the rest of the team was much better then too.

I was actually thinking about the game on the road against them in 2016. He had 366 yds and got the W despite being sacked 7 times. It was the Andy & AJ show that day.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was actually thinking about the game on the road against them in 2016. He had 366 yds and got the W despite being sacked 7 times. It was the Andy & AJ show that day.

That's a good point. That team was starting the decline. He was still used to good blocking at that point in the season, and hadn't gotten skittish back there yet. LOL

Reply/Quote