Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No COVID after Watt exposure
Zac said his concern level wasn't zero but that everyone tested negative both on Monday and Wednesday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Was just gonna post this after seeing it on twitter. Great news!
Reply/Quote
The problem is it can take up to a week from exposure before you test positive. In some cases it has been 14 days before the viral load has been high enough to show up. In reality, today is the earliest anyone would test positive if exposed during Sunday's game.

I'll have no sigh of relief until kickoff Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s not that contagious so I’m sure our guys will be fine. There haven’t been cases popping up based on opponents being diagnosed after games, just hasn’t worked that way.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s not that contagious so I’m sure our guys will be fine. There haven’t been cases popping up based on opponents being diagnosed after games, just hasn’t worked that way.

My GF had it.. I slept next to her every night and never got it.. Un-vaxxed too.. The whole thing is hype... Ridiculous... All this over a cold...
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The problem is it can take up to a week from exposure before you test positive.  In some cases it has been 14 days before the viral load has been high enough to show up.  In reality, today is the earliest anyone would test positive if exposed during Sunday's game.

they won't be tested again until next week so they will be ok as long as they remain symptomless

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:30 PM)Tony Wrote: My GF had it.. I slept next to her every night and never got it.. Un-vaxxed too.. The whole thing is hype... Ridiculous... All this over a cold...

It’s more than that and you shouldn’t downplay. My wife and I are currently fighting it. She’s much more miserable than me and it effects people differently. Both of us are unvaccinated.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:30 PM)Tony Wrote: My GF had it.. I slept next to her every night and never got it.. Un-vaxxed too.. The whole thing is hype... Ridiculous... All this over a cold...

I’m vaxxed and had a mask on, got it in the airport. I don’t think it’s something to downplay. Some people who have said the same as you are now dead. It just affects people differently.

Really glad to hear the team is negative so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The problem is it can take up to a week from exposure before you test positive.  In some cases it has been 14 days before the viral load has been high enough to show up.  In reality, today is the earliest anyone would test positive if exposed during Sunday's game.

This is pretty spot on. I am pretty sure the HIV-resistant genotypes get rid of the virus within 2 weeks. The test needs to get virus on it. And if you are vaccinated it is hard for the virus to mass reproduce. It will need time to get to the level to start showing up. Now if you are not vaccinated the virus has a much easier time hitting the critical levels to trigger a positive result. Either way you can get sick, 1 of the 2 is just much easier.
Reply/Quote

That's complete bull shit, and you know it.

I'm now on medication for life because of it.  Your statement is one of the most ignorant that I have ever read.
Reply/Quote

My father-in-law spent over a month in the hospital last year due to covid, and will likely spend the rest of his life using an oxygen tank now.

I currently have it, and have for about a week and a half (this the reason for the increased posting). Although I don’t believe I’ll ever make it to the hospital due to this, I will confirm that it is much worse than a cold.

You’re an idiot who’s bought in to the politicized aspect of it. Rather than listening to medical professionals about it, it seems like you’ve made the move to consider yourself the professional. That type of arrogance and idiocy is dangerous.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:03 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: My father-in-law spent over a month in the hospital last year due to covid, and will likely spend the rest of his life using an oxygen tank now.

I currently have it, and have for about a week and a half (this the reason for the increased posting). Although I don’t believe I’ll ever make it to the hospital due to this, I will confirm that it is much worse than a cold.

You’re an idiot who’s bought in to the politicized aspect of it. Rather than listening to medical professionals about it, it seems like you’ve made the move to consider yourself the professional. That type of arrogance and idiocy is dangerous.

Totally.

My wife's co-worker's family all got it, except for the co-worker (as she doesn't live at home). The mother had issues with flavour and still does, but was ok. The brother and his g/f are young, so they had mild/no symptoms or are ok. The father was hospitalised twice, got pneumonia (and he was super-healthy) and has scarred lungs and heart issues, that he never had before (again, was super-healthy). They all got vaccinated after the fact.

My wife's co-worker? STILL thinks it's a hoax and STILL hasn't gotten vaccinated. Idiocy is the tip of the iceberg, on what to call it.

Anyways, not saying anymore about it, as this belongs in P&R and thanks Tony, for turning an innocent thread into a P&R thread.

As if there wasn't enough reason to discredit your takes...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anyways, not saying anymore about it, as this belongs in P&R and thanks Tony, for turning an innocent thread into a P&R thread.

This is accurate, unfortunately. You actually can’t say much about the disease with out the conversation turning into a shitshow of unfortunate political opinions. It’s just such an odd thing to politicize, but I guess that’s pretty much everything now.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:03 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: My father-in-law spent over a month in the hospital last year due to covid, and will likely spend the rest of his life using an oxygen tank now.

Yep.  Oddest thing I've ever had in my life.  Had it before the vaccine was available last October.  Couldn't shake it for over 2 weeks and had headaches for 3 months afterwards.  It's no joke and very serious for some people.  To state otherwise is just plain foolish.

On another note, my brother is the only non-vaxxer in his family and got it.  Never seen him more scared than he was when he was sick.  Knew he was in bad shape.  Wouldn't admit but realized his ignorance after the fact.  Many people have lost their lives, and worst, cost others their lives for being ignorant.
Reply/Quote

A cold that kills many people….
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:19 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: This is accurate, unfortunately. You actually can’t say much about the disease with out the conversation turning into a shitshow of unfortunate political opinions. It’s just such an odd thing to politicize, but I guess that’s pretty much everything now.

To be fair, as ignorant as Tony's post was there were no politics involved in their post.  I've seen people from all over the political spectrum that have expressed similar opinions.  You are the one trying to make it political. The old, if you believe this, then you must be this (insert political alignment here) argument. Last I have to say on this because I abhor P&R discussions.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: To be fair, as ignorant as Tony's post was there were no politics involved in their post.  I've seen people from all over the political spectrum that have expressed similar opinions.  You are the one trying to make it political. The old, if you believe this, then you must be this (insert political alignment here) argument. Last I have to say on this because I abhor P&R discussions.

Eh... Not really. The same guy who made that claim has also thrown around terms such as snowflake, and cancel. Not that it matters. I don't care about people's politics, nor than opinion on the Rona. Just sayin' it's not always hard to figure out someone's leanings with just a few context clues
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I'm sorry, but you're an idiot if you actually think that.

Just because you didn't show symptoms doesn't mean "you never had it". You most likely got it and were asymptomatic.

I hate to get into this kind of thing on a sports message board but this kind of misinformation is the kind of stuff that just pisses me off. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's complete bull shit, and you know it.

I'm now on medication for life because of it.  Your statement is one of the most ignorant that I have ever read.

My dad passed away from COVID earlier this year. I am now on an inhaler because of it. I feel you. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm very sorry to hear of all the issues Covid has caused everyone. I actually caught it the week before Thanksgiving (My wife and kids are dealing with it now). I still can't smell anything and my taste is starting to come back. I used a combination of ivermectin, ibuprofen, an antibiotic, and zinc. It wiped out the fever in less than 24 hours but the light headedness and headaches continued for a couple days. It definitely affects each person it hits differently. BTW I'm not vaccinated and never wore a mask anywhere I went and it's taken this long to catch it. Go figure.
Reply/Quote