Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Name Breakfast
The other day, I got creative and made a concoction for breakfast and it was freaking great...I had no clue.

What ingredients?

A pack of Sausage Links
6-8 small Red Potatoes cleaned and quartered with skins left on
1-2 knuckles of fresh Garlic crushed...I think they are called knuckles anyway.
1 medium Onion diced or however you like them
1 Green Pepper cut up
1 carton of whole Mushrooms cleaned and cut in half
I don't know how much butter, I guess enough to coat everything as you mix it

In a skillet, fry up your sausage and when done, put on a plate to drain and cool off.
In the same skillet, melt the butter, add the garlic and onion and sauté the onion.
When you have your onion the way you like, add the potatoes and let them cook about a little over halfway mixing and coating the potatoes in the garlic butter and onion. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the sausage links up into thirds.
When that is finished, add your green pepper and mushrooms, and mix well. Cover and let the mushrooms cook down.
Once the mushrooms cook down, reduce heat to low and add you sausage and mix well.

Check the potatoes and once they are done, enjoy your breakfast.

If I remember correctly, from prep time to serve it took maybe 35 total minutes. Then again, it could have taken longer as I was also watch tv as I was cooking this up.

If you are health conscious, I guess you could sub out the butter with Olive Oil. I don't know how it would taste though since I love butter, lol.

Also, you could probably add any vegetables you wanted in this. Hell, when it's all cooked up waiting to be eaten, you could scramble some eggs and mix it in there as well.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
That sounds freaking delicious.

I'd try cutting the potatoes up into much smaller pieces to get them to cook quicker, but anyway you do it is going to be good.
Reply/Quote
I make something similar, except I use the already cooked sausage links and instead of any frying, I toss all the peppers and potatoes in olive oil and bake it. 400 for around 30-40 minutes depending on how small I cut the spuds up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:21 AM)Benton Wrote: I make something similar, except I use the already cooked sausage links and instead of any frying, I toss all the peppers and potatoes in olive oil and bake it. 400 for around 30-40 minutes depending on how small I cut the spuds up.

I like to fry my sausage up that way the dish has more flavor but you bake yours so it don't matter.

I'll tell you what though, it was really good. I had no clue how it would taste when I made it. It smelled good while cooking it and tasted good while eating it.

I hope you guys enjoy this dish if ever you get to make it.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I use the sausage links from Kroger. Not the Maple ones either, I hate those, just regular sausage links. Hell, my wife will buy a pack and fry them up for me and I'll eat them with yellow mustard.

I wonder how this would taste made with sausage patties? Sausage patties, like Jimmy Deans or better yet, Tennessee Pride, are spicier and the flavor may really pop.

Also, the mushrooms at first will take up a lot of room but they will cook down and turn darker.

My mouth is watering right now, I need to eat something, lol. All I had today was a doughnut at church this morning.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:59 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I like to fry my sausage up that way the dish has more flavor but you bake yours so it don't matter.

I'll tell you what though, it was really good. I had no clue how it would taste when I made it. It smelled good while cooking it and tasted good while eating it.

I hope you guys enjoy this dish if ever you get to make it.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I use the sausage links from Kroger. Not the Maple ones either, I hate those, just regular sausage links. Hell, my wife will buy a pack and fry them up for me and I'll eat them with yellow mustard.

I wonder how this would taste made with sausage patties? Sausage patties, like Jimmy Deans or better yet, Tennessee Pride, are spicier and the flavor may really pop.

Also, the mushrooms at first will take up a lot of room but they will cook down and turn darker.

My mouth is watering right now, I need to eat something, lol. All I had today was a doughnut at church this morning.

I got the idea on a cruise ship which is why I started baking it. They had the best roasted potatoes. So I looked through a lot of roasted potatoes recipes when I got back. One mentioned tossing the potatoes in bacon grease and olive oil. I thought the sausage might be a better way to go because I could just bake it with the potatoes, and I wouldn't have to worry about it overpowering the other flavors.

I've made it with mushrooms before, but usually have to leave them out as I'm the only one who eats them.  Instead, I cut up a yellow bell pepper. Adds a little sweetness/tartness. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote