Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
No Need for a #1 WR
(09-28-2020, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: My thoughts as well.... Trevor Lawrence sure liked hitting him deep.

Yup, plus the recent track record of Clemson WR's in the NFL is very impressive.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No matter what any of us feel or say on here,we all know NOTHING will change and ZT will be here all season. He is way way over his head and for him  to say in his post game they are still looking at how to improve the line is all I needed to hear.They have no clue. Each interview he says they are going to do everything in their power to win the NEXT game. I would probably take bets they lose this next game against the jags.Oh my goodness how did we ever get so lucky???

Absolutely, Taylor is way in over his head, but he brought that on himself.
He picked the staff, specifically the DC and the OL coach. He chose to call plays himself rather than let Callahan do it or bring in some proven OC.
He was able to get away with the excuse last year because he didn't get to start hiring guys until mid-late Feb after becoming HC, so it was slim pickins. But he went all this past offseason with the same staff in the key spots, and we see where that's gotten the team.

If this team doesn't win at least 2 games by the bye (which is 5 games away), he should be gone IMO.
If he hits the 2 wins at the bye but doesn't get to 5 wins by the end of the season, he should also be gone.
Anarumo, Turner, and probably Callahan need to be gone with him, but I can understand not moving on the position coaches until the end of the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:41 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Let AJ and Ross go. Spend that money on o-line help and draft and 3rd round burner to stretch the ala Hollywood Brown

This.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:32 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I have a bad feeling that if the Bengals decide to let AJ go, they will draft a receiver with their first pick to replace him after signing a mediocre free-agent OT in the offseason.

I could definitely see them taking Chase...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:32 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I have a bad feeling that if the Bengals decide to let AJ go, they will draft a receiver with their first pick to replace him after signing a mediocre free-agent OT in the offseason.

My guess would be where the Bengals will sure to be drafting (not the first overall pick, and probably not top 5, Burrow is just too good) that they will address a pass-rushing DE.  They will most likely sign WJIII and go DE.  I hope it is a RT, but we all know that would be admitting they suck rhinoceros balls there, and they seem diametrically opposed to doing that.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No matter what any of us feel or say on here,we all know NOTHING will change and ZT will be here all season. He is way way over his head and for him  to say in his post game they are still looking at how to improve the line is all I needed to hear.They have no clue. Each interview he says they are going to do everything in their power to win the NEXT game. I would probably take bets they lose this next game against the jags.Oh my goodness how did we ever get so lucky???

Don't take that bet...Burrow has escalated each game and now he is in full stride.  Without a defensive line like the Eagles, Burrow will destroy the Jags.  Might put up a 40 burger.  It is, however, the defense's turn to suck so they could give up 40 as well, but I don't see that happening.  I am guessing the Bengals win by at least 7 in a high scoring game.  

Of course, we are back in draft purgatory as Burrow will win 5-6 games by himself and we will be drafting around the 10 spot.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My guess would be where the Bengals will sure to be drafting (not the first overall pick, and probably not top 5, Burrow is just too good) that they will address a pass-rushing DE.  They will most likely sign WJIII and go DE.  I hope it is a RT, but we all know that would be admitting they suck rhinoceros balls there, and they seem diametrically opposed to doing that.  

We’re absolutely going to be picking top 5. We’ve won 0 games out of 3 so far despite Burrow playing extremely well in 2 of them.

Is there really 5 worse teams than us? Probably the Jets and Giants, maybe the Broncos if Lock doesn’t come back soon. The Vikes, Texans, and Falcons are going to start winning some games at some point.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re absolutely going to be picking top 5. We’ve won 0 games out of 3 so far despite Burrow playing extremely well in 2 of them.

Is there really 5 worse teams than us? Probably the Jets and Giants, maybe the Broncos if Lock doesn’t come back soon. The Vikes, Texans, and Falcons are going to start winning some games at some point.
But so are we. We went from putting up 13 points and losing by 3, to putting up 30 points , and losing by 5, to tying with Philly at 23. We are trending in the right direction...... It's going painfully slow, but our rookie QB is growing with each game and we should be getting Geno back to help with the pass rush. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Also I don't want this to turn into an AJ Green bashing thread. He did make some nice catches today.

All I'm saying is Burrow seems to like to spread the ball around which is a good thing. He makes his WR better than they really are... a sign of a Franchise QB.

That's correct, Burrow needs what Mahommes has, good young receivers to gel well. :andy: 

Playing with granpa is fun but the cool stuff is achieved with ppl close to your generation.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But so are we. We went from putting up 13 points and losing by 3, to putting up 30 points , and losing by 5, to tying with Philly at 23. We are trending in the right direction...... It's going painfully slow, but our rookie QB is growing with each game and we should be getting Geno back to help with the pass rush. 

I think some of you are expecting 2015 Geno Atkins to return...

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think some of you are expecting 2015 Geno Atkins to return...

Maybe not, but I'll take 2020 Geno. I firmly believe he would have made the difference in at least 2 of our games so far...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe not, but I'll take 2020 Geno. I firmly believe he would have made the difference in at least 2 of our games so far...

I hope it’s better than 2020 AJ.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't take that bet...Burrow has escalated each game and now he is in full stride.  Without a defensive line like the Eagles, Burrow will destroy the Jags.  Might put up a 40 burger.  It is, however, the defense's turn to suck so they could give up 40 as well, but I don't see that happening.  I am guessing the Bengals win by at least 7 in a high scoring game.  

Of course, we are back in draft purgatory as Burrow will win 5-6 games by himself and we will be drafting around the 10 spot.  

Burrow nearly was decapitated last week. This team is one hit away from being about as good as Greenville HS.

JB is trying, let's hope he doesn't get killed. I see maybe, three winnable games on the Bengals schedule. I don't think they win more than four at best. Most likely just two. Maybe, none!!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: As the subject simply states... Burrow does not need a WR 1 to be successful. Yes only a 3 game sample size but he has barely used AJ Green or couldn't for that matter.   This is a good thing fellas ala Tom Brady. We can allocate the $$$ to other positions.

Bengals would be wise to move on from AJ either through trade or not resigning him.

Thoughts agree or disagree?

I would disagree.. Boyd is a #1.. he has 21 receptions in 3 game.. next WR outside of AJ has 8...   Yards he as 230 to 75 for Higgin, NFL he is top 6 in receptions top 15 in yards..where would Burrow be without Boyd?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:45 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That's correct, Burrow needs what Mahommes has, good young receivers to gel well. :andy: 

Playing with granpa is fun but the cool stuff is achieved with ppl close to your generation.

Burrow is no Mahommes... Mahommes is the most complete and elite QB in the NFL. Just became the fastest to 10,000 yards, won a SB already... 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re absolutely going to be picking top 5. We’ve won 0 games out of 3 so far despite Burrow playing extremely well in 2 of them.

If Vikings lose this weekend to Texans.. I don;t see them winning more than 3 to 4 games.  They lost a big home field advantage with few fans and just look slow and bad at defense.  Schedule does not look favorable.. We might end up with more wins. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think some of you are expecting 2015 Geno Atkins to return...

While I agree he's not at that level anymore, he played at a pretty high level in 2018 and for almost all of last year, he was doubled frequently.

That will stop with Reader around.

(09-29-2020, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hope it’s better than 2020 AJ.

As I wrote in 'holic's thread, this is the perfect game for AJ to bust out: if he can't do it on Sunday, then it looks like he very well could be done.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree.. Boyd is a #1.. he has 21 receptions in 3 game.. next WR outside of AJ has 8...   Yards he as 230 to 75 for Higgin, NFL he is top 6 in receptions top 15 in yards..where would Burrow be without Boyd?

Boyd is a slot receiver.  In my eyes a #1 plays on the outside and can stretch the field.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 05:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Boyd is a slot receiver.  In my eyes a #1 plays on the outside and can stretch the field.

My eyes are if you can put the number Botd has put up, dont matter were you play your a #1 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 05:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My eyes are if you can put the number Botd has put up, dont matter were you play your a #1 

He sits #19 in the NFL for YPG   https://fantasyfootballers.org/wr-wide-receiver-nfl-stats/

In 2019 he was #28 YPG   https://fantasyfootballers.org/2019-wr-wide-receiver-nfl-stats/

Not every team has a #1 WR its okay but Boyd isn't close to being one yet. Maybe he gets there this year. But also you have to think a #1 also does more than just put up #'s they draw double teams. Does Boyd draw doubles? No.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote