Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
No Need for a #1 WR
(09-29-2020, 03:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If Vikings lose this weekend to Texans.. I don;t see them winning more than 3 to 4 games.  They lost a big home field advantage with few fans and just look slow and bad at defense.  Schedule does not look favorable.. We might end up with more wins. 

Their division is weak outside of Green Bay. I’m not sure we’ll win a divisional game all season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 05:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Boyd is a slot receiver.  In my eyes a #1 plays on the outside and can stretch the field.

So who was Burrow’s #1 at LSU, Jefferson or Chase? I’d argue the former.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who was Burrow’s #1 at LSU, Jefferson or Chase? I’d argue the former.

I think everyone is getting confused about what a #1 WR is. Think Julio, Chad Johnson, AJ Green, Megatron

If you want to say Boyd is a #1 WR on this team sure... but if we had a true #1 it wouldn't be Boyd.

To answer the question I still say Chase even though Jefferson was a preferred target.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their division is weak outside of Green Bay. I’m not sure we’ll win a divisional game all season.

I agree ours are tough though I feel we can beat brownsxat home. Chicago and GB are 3-0 so that is a great start for them
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 07:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree ours are tough though I feel we can beat brownsxat home. Chicago and GB are 3-0 so that is a great start for them

I’ll be shocked if Chicago keeps this up. Trubisky has been terrible outside their first game.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I think everyone is getting confused about what a #1 WR is. Think Julio, Chad Johnson, AJ Green, Megatron

If you want to say Boyd is a #1 WR on this team sure... but if we had a true #1 it wouldn't be Boyd.

To answer the question I still say Chase even though Jefferson was a preferred target.

I  think you are a bit stuck on that a #1  can't line up inside.. Brown did that a ton with Steelers  .  Finally  if someone i finishes top 15 in yards and top 5 in catches for a season..they have to be considered a #1 WR  especially after if you look at Boyd's stats for three years on a bad team... 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I  think you are a bit stuck on that a #1  can't line up inside.. Brown did that a ton with Steelers  .  Finally  if someone i finishes top 15 in yards and top 5 in catches for a season..they have to be considered a #1 WR  especially after if you look at Boyd's stats for three years on a bad team... 

I think we are reaching that point where we agree to disagree.

Brown could do it all. Inside / outside / jet sweep you name it.

I'm not sure how to find it but I'd like to see a break down of where Tyler Boyd catches the majority of his balls. 

I love Tyler Boyd but he's a #2 in my book till the end of time. A True #1 would show that.  To put it bluntly I feel like a WR #1 is a player you have to game plan for such as using a double team. I don't see teams doing that yet with Boyd
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re absolutely going to be picking top 5. We’ve won 0 games out of 3 so far despite Burrow playing extremely well in 2 of them.

Is there really 5 worse teams than us? Probably the Jets and Giants, maybe the Broncos if Lock doesn’t come back soon. The Vikes, Texans, and Falcons are going to start winning some games at some point.

There are already 4-5 teams that are 0-3, not 0-2-1, and Burrow has had them in every game despite all these massive hindrances.  

Watch it.  He is going to make a little run here.  Not saying he will beat Baltimore, but if you figure these first three games were his real preseason...He simply doesn't make mistakes now.  I can't really think of too much he did wrong against Philly.  He does that against Jax, Wash, NYG, Indy, and maybe the Browns, he will win those games.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:56 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Burrow nearly was decapitated last week. This team is one hit away from being about as good as Greenville HS.

JB is trying, let's hope he doesn't get killed. I see maybe, three winnable games on the Bengals schedule. I don't think they win more than four at best. Most likely just two. Maybe, none!!

Had they lost the Eagles game,  I would have started hoping to lose out.   My beliefs would be that the only way to turn this team around was to get a haul for the #1 overall pick.  And maybe they still need that, but Burrow won't lose out.  He's simply too good.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I think everyone is getting confused about what a #1 WR is. Think Julio, Chad Johnson, AJ Green, Megatron

A #1 isn’t about a position or name, it’s about production and reliability. Welker/Edelman were #1’s because they produced and were the guy Brady looked for in pressure situations.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 01:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: A #1 isn’t about a position or name, it’s about production and reliability. Welker/Edelman were #1’s because they produced and were the guy Brady looked for in pressure situations.

Totally agree , I see  Boyd as becoming a top WR in the NFL I dont know how others cant see thatr. To think what stats he has put up with a team that has went 8 and 25 over last 3 seasons is impressive 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who was Burrow’s #1 at LSU, Jefferson or Chase? I’d argue the former.

It was really a 1a-1b situation, but Chase had the edge in yards and TD's.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 07:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll be shocked if Chicago keeps this up. Trubisky has been terrible outside their first game.

Trubisky was FINALLY benched this week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Bringing this thread back to the front page... AJ is done at best he's your #3 WR.

Burrow doesn't care nor looks for him and he's lost two steps. Mike Brown better not pay this man a dime going forward.

Truth hurts but we are 4 games in and the rust should be off.

I was at the game today it was evident to everyone in the stands and I assume on TV
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow is no Mahommes... Mahommes is the most complete and elite QB in the NFL. Just became the fastest to 10,000 yards, won a SB already... 
And took over a complete offense with a good line and weapons everywhere.   Not bashing Mahomes in any way, but let's state all the facts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: And took over a complete offense with a good line and weapons everywhere.   Not bashing Mahomes in any way, but let's state all the facts.

Plus Andy Reid is probably on the Mount Rushmore of all time offensive coaches. I’m sure he could do some special things with a Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plus Andy Reid is probably on the Mount Rushmore of all time offensive coaches. I’m sure he could do some special things with a Joe Burrow.

I have no doubt about that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’d have to retain a lot of that salary. Forgive my public school math but what is 13 games of 18 mil come to?

Eating the salary might be worth the draft capital...

But this would be near unthinkable for our front office

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:38 PM)maclanta Wrote: Eating the salary might be worth the draft capital...

But this would be near unthinkable for our front office

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly the rest of the NFL aren't idiots and they all notice the Green has lost TWO steps not ONE but TWO.
Reply/Quote
We’re not getting shit for this version of AJ.

Reply/Quote