Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Retreads Please
There will be coaching changes made in Cincinnati after the season ends. A team does not get off to a 5-2 start and subsequently finish 5-11. Rest assured this will happen. The Bengals have too many injuries, the star players have already given up, and the coaches are the worst ever. Cincinnati will lose the remaining games on the schedule.

I take no pleasure in writing this. If the Bengals could make a miraculous turn around and finish 10-6 no one would be happier than me — except for maybe Marvin Lewis.

When coaching changes happen I don’t want to see anyone return to Cincinnati who has already coached here. As the title says: No retreads!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There will be coaching changes made in Cincinnati after the season ends.  A team does not get off to a 5-2 start and subsequently finish 5-11.  Rest assured this will happen.  The Bengals have too many injuries, the star players have already given up, and the coaches are the worst ever.  Cincinnati will lose the remaining games on the schedule.

I take no pleasure in writing this.  If the Bengals could make a miraculous turn around and finish 10-6 no one would be happier than me — except for maybe Marvin Lewis.

When coaching changes happen I don’t want to see anyone return to Cincinnati who has already coached here.  As the title says:  No retreads!

I agree...but I doubt they change HC's. Honestly, they needed to change HC's for the past 5 years...and...they...don't.
Reply/Quote
MB will use injuries as an excuse to keep Marvin.

It just feels irreparable at this point. Like Marvin has lost the locker. The "program" we at least had going from 2008-2015 is broken. Players won't make the mistake of trying to send him off on a high note again after it messed around and got him an extension.

If Marvin is let go, it's not because of the record. It's because of the Austin hire, that MB has to pay through 2019, along with Hue's failed return to help "scope" out the remaining games against the AFCN.

Marvin was given more control, but so far his big moves have been misses. And they've cost MB some money. This seems like it's it, but I felt the same last season.

As far as the next HC having never coached here, with the exception of Zimmer, I agree.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We've lost too much talent the past 3-4 off seasons and not replaced it.
Reply/Quote
Even if Minny cuts ties with Zims?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even if Minny cuts ties with Zims?

Mike Brown would never hire Zimmer as HC. He likes docile HC's. Zimmer is too outspoken.

Hue or Jay Gruden are more his style.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mike Brown would never hire Zimmer as HC. He likes docile HC's. Zimmer is too outspoken.

Hue or Jay Gruden are more his style.

Which of course is the exact reverse of what this team needs. We NEED an outspoken, tough minded Head Coach in the worst way.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Which of course is the exact reverse of what this team needs. We NEED an outspoken, tough minded Head Coach in the worst way.

Precisely. I honestly can't envision a scenario where we have a coach other than Marvin, Hue, or Gruden next year.
Reply/Quote
Marvin still has a year left on his contract and he has the excuse of injuries plaguing his team.

Even if by a miracle he is fired Hue is gonna be the successor and he has proven his worth as HC. You should hear Mayfield talking about Hue in the postgame interview.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:11 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Marvin still has a year left on his contract and he has the excuse of injuries plaguing his team.

Even if by a miracle he is fired Hue is gonna be the successor and he has proven his worth as HC. You should hear Mayfield talking about Hue in the postgame interview.

We're assuming that management cares about a Super Bowl too. After 26+ years, evidence shows they dip their toes in the water...rather than diving into the pool.

I miss the days of us trying to sign a TO or someone like that.
Reply/Quote
Idk.. i doubt they lose the remaining games, marvin will atleast get another win or two,to look like hes in the right direction. Seen this movie several times.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Idk.. i doubt they lose the remaining games, marvin will atleast get another win or two,to look like hes in the right direction. Seen this movie several times.

Honestly, if they go 5-11 I don't see him gone.

You know they'll win 1 or 2 games. So 6-10 or 7-9.

That's not bad to Management.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're assuming that management cares about a Super Bowl too. After 26+ years, evidence shows they dip their toes in the water...rather than diving into the pool.

I miss the days of us trying to sign a TO or someone like that.

What if...Mike Brown can’t swim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if...Mike Brown can’t swim?

Then he should be tossed in the Ohio river

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There will be coaching changes made in Cincinnati after the season ends.  A team does not get off to a 5-2 start and subsequently finish 5-11.  Rest assured this will happen.  The Bengals have too many injuries, the star players have already given up, and the coaches are the worst ever.  Cincinnati will lose the remaining games on the schedule.

I take no pleasure in writing this.  If the Bengals could make a miraculous turn around and finish 10-6 no one would be happier than me — except for maybe Marvin Lewis.

When coaching changes happen I don’t want to see anyone return to Cincinnati who has already coached here.  As the title says:  No retreads!
Marvin is complete trash, I say that with evidence of 16 years of futility and averageness. Marvin should retire the game has passed him by. But
Mike Brown will offer him a 2 year extension after this year because he is clueless and loves futility as well. 6 and 10.
Reply/Quote

I hope you dont consider Hue Jackson as a retread.
Reply/Quote
With Marvin, there's always a dead cat bounce at the end of the season.

If we lost to the Ravens and the Lions last year, we already have a new fresh coach this season and maybe we have some optimism going forward.

But no.

We will be stuck with Marvin (or Hue) next season regardless. And the carnival of sadness will continue.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:54 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I hope you dont consider Hue Jackson as a retread.

I certainly do, part of the "good ole boy" network the Bengals are infatuated with........need them all gone..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:54 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I hope you dont consider Hue Jackson as a retread.

Hue Jackson? I cannot find words to describe him; none I can repeat on here anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson?  I cannot find words to describe him; none I can repeat on here anyway.

Hue Jackson, of all the Head Coach candidates out there, is like 100 spots behind the guy on the very bottom of the list. And that's being nice.
Reply/Quote