Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ring of Honor
I think this will be disappointing to many of us on this board.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/3/13135428/mike-brown-ring-of-honor-pbs-naming-rights-vontaze-burfict-more
Reply/Quote
He's so likable. Yet I have a deep hate in my heart for him. One of these statements is sarcastic.
Reply/Quote
Rings of honor cost money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gene Wilder is gone and this guy's physical results are that of a 23 year old.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He's so likable. Yet I have a deep hate in my heart for him. One of these statements is sarcastic.

"Nobody knows who the hell they are".  I'm pretty sure that the fans of whatever team it was know who those players are.  And I am 100% certain that those players appreciate being up there and the current players know the franchise values the contributions of those who came before them.  Talking about putting something on the web site is cheesy, cheap, and pathetic.

And the naming rights.  Tell me there are not companies that would pay to have the naming rights to PBS.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:38 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: "Nobody knows who the hell they are".  I'm pretty sure that the fans of whatever team it was know who those players are.  And I am 100% certain that those players appreciate being up there and the current players know the franchise values the contributions of those who came before them.  Talking about putting something on the web site is cheesy, cheap, and pathetic.

And the naming rights.  Tell me there are not companies that would pay to have the naming rights to PBS.

He's completely out of touch with the fans of his shitty Mickey Mouse organization. He's nothing but an old loser.
Reply/Quote
I guess loyalty isn't a two-way street when you're a gazillionaire. Where did I leave my surprised face?
Reply/Quote
At least we can rip on Ol Mikey for his shitty ways here without getting banned ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is always good for a weird take, and what makes it even worse is that he's an incredibly stubborn man. So basically he thinks fans won't recognize past players and he also thinks there isn't enough room in the stadium to properly honor these players. Good grief. Sometimes I can't believe this guy is real.

Honestly I doubt anyone is surprised though. He said a practice facility was coming 5 years ago and there's still no word on that end. Other than he's not as "keen" on the idea as Marvin. Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike Brown is always good for a weird take, and what makes it even worse is that he's an incredibly stubborn man. So basically he thinks fans won't recognize past players and he also thinks there isn't enough room in the stadium to properly honor these players. Good grief. Sometimes I can't believe this guy is real.

Honestly I doubt anyone is surprised though. He said a practice facility was coming 5 years ago and there's still no word on that end. Other than he's not as "keen" on the idea as Marvin. Whatever

Not enough room. That whole goddamned club level is empty every game. **** Mike brown. There are also so many nooks and crannies in that shithole that are barren wasteland eyesores. Did I mention **** Mike Brown?

To be clear, I don't give a dang about having a ring of honor. The rationale is what's infuriating.
Reply/Quote
Eh... Rings of honor kinda fall in the "bells and whistles" category for me.

Win some football games. I don't care what the stadium looks like.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:52 PM)treee Wrote: At least we can rip on Ol Mikey for his shitty ways here without getting banned ThumbsUp

This place is nothing like the Bengals.com boards, thank God. Heck, Denny almost banned me for negativity over there and I'm a mod here. Fortunately our mods are very fair and balanced with Holic, BD, etc all having been critical of the FO in the past. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not enough room. That whole goddamned club level is empty every game. **** Mike brown. There are also so many nooks and crannies in that shithole that are barren wasteland eyesores. Did I mention **** Mike Brown?

To be clear, I don't give a dang about having a ring of honor. The rationale is what's infuriating.

Mike rarely speaks without saying something that pisses me off or makes me roll my eyes. Sometimes it feels like he enjoys tweaking his own fan base. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike rarely speaks without saying something that pisses me off or makes me roll my eyes. Sometimes it feels like he enjoys tweaking his own fan base. 

Thank you for understanding my swear-inducing disdain.
Reply/Quote
Have a strong feeling that the Blackburns will do some of these things.

Much more modern thinkers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Eh... Rings of honor kinda fall in the "bells and whistles" category for me.

Win some football games. I don't care what the stadium looks like.

This.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike rarely speaks without saying something that pisses me off or makes me roll my eyes. Sometimes it feels like he enjoys tweaking his own fan base. 

You nailed it.  It truly is like he could not care less about the fan base.  Many of the things he says are just completely tone deaf, you wonder how one person can be that obtuse.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of how I feel about Marvin, it sounds like he's the only reason Burfict is here. Credit where it's do.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 10:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think this will be disappointing to many of us on this board.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/3/13135428/mike-brown-ring-of-honor-pbs-naming-rights-vontaze-burfict-more

This is what I expect from him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 12:06 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You nailed it.  It truly is like he could not care less about the fan base.  Many of the things he says are just completely tone deaf, you wonder how one person can be that obtuse.

Start by insulting yourself with nepotism.   

PS  Then if you have a message board for the fans, get rid of that shit. 
Reply/Quote