Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ring of Honor
(10-04-2016, 07:12 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Am I the only person who kind of likes it that he doesn't sell the naming rights to some corperation? I like it that we have one of the few stadiums named after a beloved person and not some pizza or bank.

I like it too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 07:28 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Did Mike Brown make a deal that benefited him and his business?  While we may hate it and dislike him as an owner (myself included) the answer to that question is a resounding Yes.

Did he?

Hamilton County commissioner Bod Bedinghaus helped craft "one of the worst professional sports deals ever struck by a local government" according to The Wall Street Journal. While The New York Times called it a "particularly lopsided lease."

If Mike Brown has the business acumen you claim, why would he hire the guy he bent over the negotiating table and then proceeded to make Bedinghaus squeal like a pig ala Ned Beatty during a rafting trip to be his Director of Business Management?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 07:12 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Am I the only person who kind of likes it that he doesn't sell the naming rights to some corperation? I like it that we have one of the few stadiums named after a beloved person and not some pizza or bank.

He could sell the naming rights to the field while keeping the stadium name; Proctor and Gamble Field at Paul Brown Stadium. 

Then he could stop poor mouthing about his small market. 

Does anyone else recognize the irony that there isn't a "shelf life" for naming the stadium to honor someone who has been out of the league longer than the players Mike won't honor because he claims no one remembers because of how long they have been out of the league?
Reply/Quote
[Image: 70_Paul_Brown_in_Ring_of_Honor_at_FirstE...tadium.jpg]

Quote:“I was at a stadium recently and I looked around at the Ring of Honor players they have, and I would tell you that these are guys that played 30, 40, 50 years ago. 

“People don’t know who the hell they are.”

Hey, Mikey, do you know who the hell that is in the Browns' Ring of Honor?
Reply/Quote
Mike doesn't play Wheel of Fortune because he doesn't like buying vowels.
Reply/Quote