Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Tez at Practice
(10-26-2015, 02:20 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: According to Hobspin no Tez today at practice.  And Marv gave one of his sarcastic player injury-related answers...."we don't talk about people not on the roster, blah, blah, blah".

If this week is out, I'm guessing given the short week/TNF game, they'll just wait till Nov. 9 to start practicing him (which is when he HAS to start practicing without IRing him), then see if maybe he's ready for the MNF game on the 16th. 
Reply/Quote
At least nobody's assuming the worst.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words

If that was the case he would have already been IR'd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not an Orthopedic Surgeon, as I assume most of the rest of you are not either, but I did read a couple articles on the procedure when it came out he was having it done last year. This was not some "regular" procedure where they can tell you how long rehab will take and you're almost guaranteed to come back the same. There is the real possibility that we never see him again, or if we do, he is a shell of his former self.

Which, if that is the case, this team needs to invest a high round draft pick in a linebacker next year (possibly multiple picks). The mentality seems to be that they can take bottom tier guys and get by with them (even Burfict was an UDFA and a gamble if he would ever pan out). Because of this mindset, the linebackers seem to be the weakest link on a very strong football team.
Reply/Quote
I've said it before, if you are expecting him to play this year, even if he does, at his normal level, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said it before, if you are expecting him to play this year, even if he dies, at his normal level, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't think anyone expects him to die...That would be REALLY dissapointing. 
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play this year. I mean if he's only a week or so away and we can stash him until Week 9, then bring him back slowly, and have a full Burfict towards the end of the season. Id be ok with that.

I mean lets not mince words, but Vontaze could be the type of player that provides some kind of late season spark or boost that help us out a lot in the post season.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:16 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't play this year. I mean if he's only a week or so away and we can stash him until Week 9, then bring him back slowly, and have a full Burfict towards the end of the season. Id be ok with that.

I mean lets not mince words, but Vontaze could be the type of player that provide some kind of late season spark or boost that help us out a lot in the post season.

I do wonder if he has had some sort of setback though.  It seemed like there was debate about if he should start the season on the PUP, and now he is not ready to go seven weeks later??
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:22 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I do wonder if he has had some sort of setback though.  It seemed like there was debate about if he should start the season on the PUP, and now he is not ready to go seven weeks later??

If he had a setback, then they should have just IR'd him off the bat. I hate this veil of secrecy they try to spin on it. A simple "He's close or he's not close" will suffice.
Reply/Quote
My understanding of the micro fracture surgery is that the longer the knee goes without punishing the new cartilage, the stronger it will become, and the longer Tez's career will be.

I think if the team had crazy need, they could rush him back now. Sitting at 6-0, I think they want to ease him back for a playoff run. Acclimate the knee to pro football conditions, get the rest of Tez back into football shape, and have him ramping up for the last 6 weeks of the regular season.

Right now, the Bengals want to extend Tez's career, and don't yet have to sacrifice a playoff run to do it... The Bengals rushed Warrick back from a knee injury, and it essentially ended a nice career. I think they want to play this one a little smarter.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:39 AM)gobobro Wrote: My understanding of the micro fracture surgery is that the longer the knee goes without punishing the new cartilage, the stronger it will become, and the longer Tez's career will be.

I think if the team had crazy need, they could rush him back now. Sitting at 6-0, I think they want to ease him back for a playoff run. Acclimate the knee to pro football conditions, get the rest of Tez back into football shape, and have him ramping up for the last 6 weeks of the regular season.

Right now, the Bengals want to extend Tez's career, and don't yet have to sacrifice a playoff run to do it... The Bengals rushed Warrick back from a knee injury, and it essentially ended a nice career. I think they want to play this one a little smarter.

If he needs the time, there isn't a rush to bring him in.  
If he can contribute to the team, my timeline would be determined by how much playing time he would need to be in the best shape for playoffs.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:39 AM)gobobro Wrote: My understanding of the micro fracture surgery is that the longer the knee goes without punishing the new cartilage, the stronger it will become, and the longer Tez's career will be.

Got no problem with them playing it safe.  If that's the case shelve him for the year and be done with it.  This team needs help at LB, period.

What's irritating is Marvin waffling around, saying on initial cut down day how hard of a decision it was to PUP him and he would be 100% after the 6 extra weeks, only now to start the crap again with everyone.

And I don't think Burfict is too happy either.  Apparently he jumped over a trash can (or something similar) at the end of practice yesterday - likely in protest I presume to show he is ready.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:47 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: If he needs the time, there isn't a rush to bring him in.  
If he can contribute to the team, my timeline would be determined by how much playing time he would need to be in the best shape for playoffs.

I think it's also important to remember that Tez plays with the recklessness that treats his body as a weapon. Every day that spares his new cartilage that beating has to be a good thing for his long term health.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:00 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Got no problem with them playing it safe.  If that's the case shelve him for the year and be done with it.  This team needs help at LB, period.

What's irritating is Marvin waffling around, saying on initial cut down day how hard of a decision it was to PUP him and he would be 100% after the 6 extra weeks, only now to start the crap again with everyone.

And I don't think Burfict is too happy either.  Apparently he jumped over a trash can (or something similar) at the end of practice yesterday - likely in protest I presume to show he is ready.

It has to be the Doctor's making the decision, or at least you would hope it is.  I don't see where jumping over trash cans proves anything...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:34 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: If that was the case he would have already been IR'd.

They waited last year.  Even said he'd play after the bye if I remember right.  Just needed a week off.. er, a month.. and then, career threatening surgery.

Crack medical staff doing what they do.
Reply/Quote
I have said it all along....

He won't play again. Between the concussions and other injuries....I don't see it happening.

And if he does, he will tackle with his head and definitely be done.

Hope I'm wrong.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:24 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: I have said it all along....

He won't play again.  Between the concussions and other injuries....I don't see it happening.  

And if he does, he will tackle with his head and definitely be done.  

Hope I'm wrong.

Jesus Christ..... He will play again. That's just crazy talk. At the worst he will play in the 2016 season.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don't think anyone expects him to die...That would be REALLY dissapointing. 

Typo error...... "does" not "dies" LOL
Reply/Quote
Laphman thinks its 50-50 he will play this week(20-25 snaps). I get people think the worst when they here micro fracture but the reality is players generally bounce back from it like nothing happened. People are going to be surprised by Tez in a good way this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 03:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Laphman thinks its 50-50 he will play this week(20-25 snaps). I get people think the worst when they here micro fracture but the reality is players generally bounce back from it like nothing happened. People are going to be surprised by Tez in a good way this year.

i would say if hes not being activiated soon chances of him playing this week are 0% a few practices probly wont be enough
Reply/Quote