Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Tez at Practice
Here's a prediction for you, based on nothing more than my deep thoughts and a Maker's and Coke. Tez makes his 2015 debut in Glendale Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:40 PM)Utts Wrote: Marvin had some quotes out there last week about how he was pleased to see the smiles on their faces as a result of knowing they were close to playing NFL football again. Unless there's a big setback, that makes me think Tez will be back this season at some point.

I still think Marv is full of shit. I haven't believed a word he's had to say about injured players in years.
Reply/Quote
I hope they hold Burfict back as long as it takes to actually get the man healthy. I would rather not bring him back too soon like we did Geno and be left wondering why he isn't as good as his pre-injury self. Clearly Geno was not fully prepared to come back when he did and I think we can see this year how much of a difference being 100% makes.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
According to Rotoworld :

Bengals WLB Vontaze Burfict is "ready to practice" after receiving a positive evaluation of his surgically repaired left knee this week.
Burfict is on the reserve/PUP list, recovering from microfracture surgery. ESPN's Adam Caplan's report indicates Burfict has received independent medical clearance, and it's now up to the Bengals to determine when and whether he's ready to play in games. Once Burfict officially resumes practicing, the Bengals will have a 21-day window in which they can activate him to the 53. Oct 28 - 9:23 PM
Reply/Quote
My guess would be he suits up for Zona. Get him about 20 snaps
Reply/Quote
I think we might see him for Cleveland. If he took his time to fly out to California to be seen, more than likely he is wanting to press this issue. As a young player, I wouldn't let my time slip by. Not to mention, we have not performed well against the next two teams. It would be nice to have him back in there.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:04 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: I hope they hold Burfict back as long as it takes to actually get the man healthy.  I would rather not bring him back too soon like we did Geno and be left wondering why he isn't as good as his pre-injury self.  Clearly Geno was not fully prepared to come back when he did and I think we can see this year how much of a difference being 100% makes.

You do realize the only way a player coming off of severe injury gets the confidence to play again is to play again. It takes time to get over the mental worry that the repair won't hold.... Burfict will likely be back at some point this season, but I would not expect to see the old Vontaze for quite awhile....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 03:29 PM)corpjet Wrote: We've waited this long whats another week or so, lets make sure he's 100% healthy!

After all we will be playing through February!
Pervert

I get the sarcasm, but honestly, it is so fatiguing watching this team collapse at the end of week 17.  The lack of rotation.  Injuries.  Tough schedule.  This year, they need to focus on what happens AFTER week 17.  Granted, they don't hand out playoff spots week 1, or week 6 for that matter, but I thought the Colts did a very good job of this last year.  They didn't seem to get too stressed out about their deficiencies, but they kept working to put together a lineup that could win in the postseason.  They figured out an offensive line that would work and they get some key players healthy.  People forget, despite their horrible play this season, that they were in the AFC Title game last year.  I understand you can take some risks when your division foes are the Titans, Jags, and Texans, but you get my point.

This year, I don't care if Vontaze takes the maximum allowable time and returns in week 12 (I believe).  He would finally be getting in to football game shape for the postseason.  Sprinting in to the playoffs, instead of limping as in previous years. 

I further hope that players like Rex Burkhead, Tyler Kroft, Mo Sanu, and Ryan Hewitt get even more involved in the offensive gameplan.  Not because I feel like they should take opportunities away from AJ, Eifert, etc. but because it would help to keep those guys from taking more hits and reduce their threat of injury.  It would also prepare the Burkheads, Krofts, etc. for game action should they have to be pressed in to starters roles.

Yes, the team would not be as dynamic, but look at the second half of the Buffalo game.  Once it gets to be 31-14, why not give the starters some rest and play some of these other guys.  Same goes for the defense. 

I am also thinking we are getting close to where we will see a greater emphasis on the running game, with Hill and Gio each getting more opportunities.  This is what it takes in the playoffs.  Be able to run the ball when you have to:  3rd and 2, etc. 

I am so excited by what I have seen in this team.  They are hitting on all cylinders.  I want to take as many precautions as possible to ensure this is the team that hits the postseason. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 02:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If this is the case, and hes just getting clearance to practice, I wouldn't put him out there Sunday. Give him a few weeks of practice before getting game time. Realistic I would like to see him ready for the Cardinals game.

I'm going to say it:  If the Bengals are 9-0 when they head to AZ and they get Vontaze back for that game, they are going to be 10-0 and might go undefeated.  I know getting to 9-0 is a big IF, but a lot of people said they wouldn't get through KC, Seattle, and Buffalo without 1 or 2 losses. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I further hope that players like Rex Burkhead, Tyler Kroft, Mo Sanu, and Ryan Hewitt get even more involved in the offensive gameplan.  Not because I feel like they should take opportunities away from AJ, Eifert, etc. but because it would help to keep those guys from taking more hits and reduce their threat of injury.  It would also prepare the Burkheads, Krofts, etc. for game action should they have to be pressed in to starters roles.

Ten to twelve targets per game for Jake Fisher?  Tongue

I like the way you think. Sanu are Burkhead are explosive, and they keep defenses off balance. Spread the ball around and pound the other team's D relentlessly with change-of-pace plays, you keep fresh legs on your own sideline.  
Reply/Quote
In 2006 the Colts Bob Sanders only played in 4 regular season game. The Colts had the worst rush defense in the entire league giving up over 100 yards in every single game.

Sanders returned for the postseason and the Colts had the #1 rush defense in the playoffs allowing on 73 rushing yards per game on their way to winning the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:06 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Ten to twelve targets per game for Jake Fisher?  Tongue

I like the way you think. Sanu are Burkhead are explosive, and they keep defenses off balance. Spread the ball around and pound the other team's D relentlessly with change-of-pace plays, you keep fresh legs on your own sideline.  

definately want to see burkhead a little more here and there. And with fisher just a pass to him here or there has to make a defense think anytime he reports eligible as an extra OT
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Burfict flew out to California yesterday according to his Twitter. as I said in the other Burfict thread I think he's out there to see the doctor that did the surgery to be medically cleared to practice.

You nailed it....ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:20 PM)jason Wrote: He's not playing this season fellas.

(10-26-2015, 05:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words

Thanks for reminding me to "mark your words", otherwise I may have forgot to come back and prove how wrong you were.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for reminding me to "mark your words", otherwise I may have forgot to come back and prove how wrong you were.

I'm trying to think of that one word.  What was it? 

Oh, yeah.

Petty.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: I'm trying to think of that one word.  What was it? 

Oh, yeah.

Petty.

To describe this post of yours?

Sorry if you are offended by people being held responsible for their comments.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To describe this post of yours?

Sorry if you are offended by people being held responsible for their comments.

What good is being right if you can't crow about it, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: I have said this all year - he wont return until 2016 season

Mark my words

Swing and a miss
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: What good is being right if you can't crow about it, right?

When someone is 100% wrong and tells everyone to "mark his words" then I am sure as hell going to call him out on it.  If that offends you then YOU are the one being petty, not me.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think he'd be back at all this season and I was right*

*Just to clarify I'm using the alternative spelling of wrong, right*.

I hate being right* all the time ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote