Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Way Zac Is Going Anywhere But They Better Show Lou The Door
Honestly, for how decimated with injuries this team has been defensively I think they have done a decent job. Outside of Bates, Lawson and Pratt I think every other starter has missed time this season.
Reply/Quote
I'm still of the belief that the Brown family cut a deal with the devil to be the perennial doormat of the league in exchange for money...period. They don't really want to win and to be honest, if someone were to give me a billion bucks to have a lousy team I'd have one hell of a hard time saying no myself. When you have a billion bucks to play with it certainly makes losing a lot easier to deal with.. 
Think about it a moment...a losing team every year and a billion bucks...OR a winning team and half a billion.. Most people are taking the billion.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, for how decimated with injuries this team has been defensively I think they have done a decent job. Outside of Bates and Pratt I think every other starter has missed time this season (I can’t remember if Lawson missed a game or not).

The safeties have remained healthy thankfully. They’ve been the bright spot. Everywhere else, backups compared to what we thought we had in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, for how decimated with injuries this team has been defensively I think they have done a decent job. Outside of Bates and Pratt I think every other starter has missed time this season (I can’t remember if Lawson missed a game or not).

I agree and have always thought a coach should be given 4 years to get his plan to work.

When teams start winning it has a way of curing problems. Players start believing in each other and the coaching staff.

The Ravens game will be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:57 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree and have always thought a coach should be given 4 years to get his plan to work.

When teams start winning it has a way of curing problems. Players start believing in each other and the coaching staff.

Remember last time they actually had a decent defensive game plan against the Ravens if the offense could do anything at all. Wonder if they will go with a variant of that again.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember last time they actually had a decent defensive game plan against the Ravens if the offense could do anything at all. Wonder if they will go with a variant of that again.

You can bet your ass if Sims plays at all for WJIII they'll be targeting him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'll say this. Lou has had the defense looking better in more games than Zac has outcoached the other teams HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll say this. Lou has had the defense looking better in more games than Zac has outcoached the other teams HC.

Thats actually interesting. Would be very telling to see a breakdown from this season on offense vs defense on performance for the entire 16 games and see who fared better.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:31 AM)GodFather Wrote: Thats actually interesting. Would be very telling to see a breakdown from this season on offense vs defense on performance for the entire 16 games and see who fared better.

It seems when one unit played well, the other didnt. If they both played well at the same time...we probably win 7-8 games.
Reply/Quote
I like lou, we had some good defensive games this year.

As for the game today, I think they were more focused on Watson you got to give something up in order to stop him or Watson can run for 100 and pass for 400. Ill take counting on d. Johnson for them to beat us
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:57 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree and have always thought a coach should be given 4 years to get his plan to work.

Maybe the Jets will give Gase another year after their 2 wins...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll say this. Lou has had the defense looking better in more games than Zac has outcoached the other teams HC.

I'd be curious to know if Zac let Callahan do more as OC these past two games...

The Steelers game gave them some short field gifts but the game plan seemed to fit Thinley.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd be curious to know if Zac let Callahan did more as OC these past two games...

The Steelers game gave them some short field gifts but the game plan seemed to fit Tinley.

Excellent observation! The past two weeks were much different on offense and the playcalling was infinitely better. I believe much of this comes down to better offensive line play because when the line run blocks and pass blocks as they should then more of the playbook is open. The thing I noticed on the screen passes to Giovani Bernard was fantastic downfield blocking. This wasn’t there all season.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd be curious to know if Zac let Callahan do more as OC these past two games...

The Steelers game gave them some short field gifts but the game plan seemed to fit Thinley.

Finley threw for like 87 yards. Our offense was bad.

Today? I dont know. I saw the Texans gave up the 2nd most points to rbs in fantasy on the year. No real way to explain what Allen dod though. He had a great game. May have had a more complete game than Burrow did this year. Complete being the keyword meaning 20+ yard throws.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:47 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Excellent observation! The past two weeks were much different on offense and the playcalling was infinitely better. I believe much of this comes down to better offensive line play because when the line run blocks and pass blocks as they should then more of the playbook is open.   The thing I noticed on the screen passes to Giovani Bernard was fantastic downfield blocking.  This wasn’t there all season.

They actually adjusted the gameplan to fit their personnel and the opponents and balanced it out.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:47 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Excellent observation! The past two weeks were much different on offense and the playcalling was infinitely better. I believe much of this comes down to better offensive line play because when the line run blocks and pass blocks as they should then more of the playbook is open.   The thing I noticed on the screen passes to Giovani Bernard was fantastic downfield blocking.  This wasn’t there all season.

A part of me wonders is if that was a perfect storm of running the screens and the Texans just playing bad D.

It kind of amused me a couple of times the blockers for us were released so easily that it almost seemed confusing to them.

Like "hey we're out here...  now what?!?"

It was almost too easy for them.

Kudos for whomever exploited that.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They actually adjusted the gameplan to fit their personnel and the opponents and balanced it out.

Today: 33 runs and 38 passes. I prefer slightly more runs but this is far better than throwing over 50 passes on a regular basis.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:51 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A part of me wonders is if that was a perfect storm of running the screens and the Titans just playing bad D.

It kind of amused me a couple of times the blockers for us were released so easily that it almost seemed confusing to them.

Like "hey we're out here...  now what?!?"

It was almost too easy for them.

Kudos for whomever exploited that.

This will NOT happen against the Ravens because their linebackers are too good. Baltimore blows up screen passes. Zac will need to try something else because the Ravens defensive coordinator is one of the smartest in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Finley threw for like 87 yards. Our offense was bad.

Today? I dont know. I saw the Texans gave up the 2nd most points to rbs in fantasy on the year. No real way to explain what Allen dod though. He had a great game. May have had a more complete game than Burrow did this year. Complete being the keyword meaning 20+ yard throws.

Yeah it was bad.

They kinda ran a wildcat type offense.

It was definitely planned for Finley so it worked.

Steelers just looked way off internally.

Maybe the didn't expect that either from our offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:55 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This will NOT happen against the Ravens because their linebackers are too good.  Baltimore blows up screen passes.  Zac will need to try something else because the Ravens defensive coordinator is one of the smartest in the league.

Yeah the Texans just kept releasing and missing the screens.

I don't expect the Ratbirds to be so easy.
Reply/Quote