Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Way Zac Is Going Anywhere But They Better Show Lou The Door
(12-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, for how decimated with injuries this team has been defensively I think they have done a decent job. Outside of Bates, Lawson and Pratt I think every other starter has missed time this season.

I think Bell has played every game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The beat guys have suggested that Lou being let go would be the minimum in offseason changes. Honestly, I think the team is truly waiting to see what Minnesota does with Zim. I can see them pushing hard to bring him back as DC since Zac is carrying momentum. If Zac sputters again next season, then I imagine they'll cut him and promote Zim and get something they wanted a while back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I bet all three stooges are back next year. If Zactard isn't canned, he'll bring the other two flunkies with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Zac has definitely sealed himself a 3rd year as head coach in Cincy with todays back to back wins, but Lou HAS to go this offseason. With a good DC and some pieces back this offseason and some good pickups the defense can definitely turn it around, but if Lou is still here you can forget it.

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson?  Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I hope Zac realizes part of being a HC is holding his coaches accountable. Get a good guy in there to lead the defense for 2021.

didnt luo's unit just have a hell of a game vs the steelers?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Zac has definitely sealed himself a 3rd year as head coach in Cincy with todays back to back wins, but Lou HAS to go this offseason. With a good DC and some pieces back this offseason and some good pickups the defense can definitely turn it around, but if Lou is still here you can forget it.

David Johnson runs for 128 yards. Who the hell is David Johnson?  Watson threw for 324 yards and the team averaged 9.6 yards per play. The defense can do better than what we've seen in 2020 and with a seasoned defensive coordinator can make the changes we need to win.

I hope Zac realizes part of being a HC is holding his coaches accountable. Get a good guy in there to lead the defense for 2021.

I will preface this statement with I think there are better DCs out there than Anarumo (Wade Phillips specifically), but Anarumo may have done enough in the weeks prior to the Texans game to have saved his job. 

In the 7 games since the bye week, Anarumo's defense held teams to 20 points or less in 4 of them. The benefit of the doubt for Anarumo is he's down some big-name players - Dunlap (traded), Atkins (injury), Reader (injury), Waynes (injury). Mike Brown and Zac Taylor may feel that once Reader and Waynes come back, this could be a Top 15 defense along with a couple draft picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I will preface this statement with I think there are better DCs out there than Anarumo (Wade Phillips specifically), but Anarumo may have done enough in the weeks prior to the Texans game to have saved his job. 

In the 7 games since the bye week, Anarumo's defense held teams to 20 points or less in 4 of them. The benefit of the doubt for Anarumo is he's down some big-name players - Dunlap (traded), Atkins (injury), Reader (injury), Waynes (injury). Mike Brown and Zac Taylor may feel that once Reader and Waynes come back, this could be a Top 15 defense along with a couple draft picks.

He's down a bunch of mid tier players as well in Wren and Topou, let alone losing Glasgow. We have so many players out to injury it's hard to keep up with all of them.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's down a bunch of mid tier players as well in Wren and Topou, let alone losing Glasgow. We have so many players out to injury it's hard to keep up with all of them.

I will agree with Tupou.

I'm not sure I agree that Wren and Glasgow were mid-tier though.
They chose to move on from Glasgow, who only had 4 QB pressures in 8 games played in 2018-2019 with Bengals (2 starts).
Wren only had 1 QB pressure and 8 tackles in 11 games (2 starts) last year.

While I think Wren is still growing and has potential, I don't consider him a mid-tier guy yet until he shows up on the stat sheet more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I will agree with Tupou.

I'm not sure I agree that Wren and Glasgow were mid-tier though.
They chose to move on from Glasgow, who only had 4 QB pressures in 8 games played in 2018-2019 with Bengals (2 starts).
Wren only had 1 QB pressure and 8 tackles in 11 games (2 starts) last year.

While I think Wren is still growing and has potential, I don't consider him a mid-tier guy yet until he shows up on the stat sheet more.

Agreed. Glasgow is not even on an active roster (Saints practice squad). That’s not mid tier.

Wren is still a question mark, but he’s not a loss you make excuses about.

Reply/Quote
One thing was mentioned in an article I read that may hold a little water regarding Lou and an improved defense.... finally some continuity on the D line. With Daniels and Covington back, Hubbard getting healthy, it has helped the LBs and Lawson. More push up front from stunts has helped the back end too. For a few weeks there, the dline was like the oline.... musical chairs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Lou's defense was dominant until WJIII went down.  Enter Leshawn Sims, watch score rise.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eh...if they keep Zac, keep Lou too.

The thing the "fire everyone, they suck" crowd doesn't realize is that if you fire Lou, what DC is going to want to sign on with a coach that is given essentially one more year?  The next coach will want his own DC.  

Give them both one more year (fire that assbag Turner), and then they either both go or both stay (and they will have to look a LOT better to stay).
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wasn’t saying dump Lou from one game, look at everything he’s done in Cincy as DC. That should be enough to say fire him. Houston already fired their head coach and will see complete coaching changes next year. That’s your biggest difference.  

You have seen enough to let Lou Go but think taylor should stay?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Glasgow is not even on an active roster (Saints practice squad). That’s not mid tier.

Wren is still a question mark, but he’s not a loss you make excuses about.

Glasgow is not on an active roster for the same reason he got let go here.... his knee didn't heal enough. Her played decent football here prior to his injury. Not great, but decent.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Glasgow is not on an active reason for the same reason he got let go here.... his knee didn't heal enough. Her played decent football here prior to his injury. Not great, but decent.

He played 2 games for the Saints, so the knee couldn’t have been that big of a problem.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played 2 games for the Saints, so the knee couldn’t have been that big of a problem.

Maybe that's the reason it was just 2 games.... I mean, if I remember right, I think the Bengals doctors failed him on his physical over it.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe that's the reason it was just 2 games.... I mean, if I remember right, I think the Bengals doctors failed him on his physical over it.

I don’t think players who aren’t healthy typically go to the practice squad either, but I don’t really care enough about Ryan Glasgow to debate it. Lol

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You have seen enough to let Lou Go but think taylor should stay?

No, with Mike Brown's history, I don't think theres a chance in hell Zac is leaving after back to back wins. All Mike needs is something like what happened these past two weeks and everything else goes by the wayside. 

So I am just expecting Zac back for a third year and would be shocked if Mike went against his own past history.
Reply/Quote
I think the whole staff has been massively underwhelming, shocker vs Pitt aside.

I'd fire the whole staff, but if only one non-Taylor guy can go, I'd go with Turner.

I would've pleaded with Pollack to stay. That dude made a decent meal out of ramen and hot dogs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the whole staff has been massively underwhelming, shocker vs Pitt aside.

I'd fire the whole staff, but if only one non-Taylor guy can go, I'd go with Turner.

I would've pleaded with Pollack to stay. That dude made a decent meal out of ramen and hot dogs.

And they saddled him with Price. Imagine what he could have down with Ragnow instead.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the whole staff has been massively underwhelming, shocker vs Pitt aside.

I feel like Zac doesn't even have the balls to fire Turner. I picture Turner being the alpha when they are together.
Reply/Quote