Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No civil war over first round pick this year.
Too many options.

There will still be some people who hate it and some people who love it, but I think so many people will have different "favorites" that there won't be two groups of "us" and "them" (and the few Pitts fans who had to pick a new side after he went #4).

Honestly I feel that picking that late we should probably go BPA.  No way I would count on getting a guy who could step in and start as a rookie.

Hard to say what our biggest needs will be until after free agency.  It will be a big clue if we just sign some guys to one year deals.

Most expensive players are QB, LT, CB, Edge Rush (I believe).  CB is the only one where we are not set for at least 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many options.

There will still be some people who hate it and some people who love it, but I think so many people will have different "favorites" that there won't be two groups of "us" and "them" (and the few Pitts fans who had to pick a new side after he went #4).

Honestly I feel that picking that late we should probably go BPA.  No way I would count on getting a guy who could step in and start as a rookie.

Hard to say what our biggest needs will be until after free agency.  It will be a big clue if we just sign some guys to one year deals.

Most expensive players are QB, LT, CB, Edge Rush (I believe).  CB is the only one where we are not set for at least 2 years.

I think they want the OL fixed so that they can quit dealing with it every year. I continue to think they will get a top center in FA and mid priced guard and draft a tackle at #31 and a corner at #63
Reply/Quote
It all depends on Free Agency and if we truly go all out in protecting Burrow. If we do all options are open in the Draft
and we can go after Defensive players at 31 and right after or even a TE or look for that 4th WR as a future Boyd type
for us. If we don't go all out in Free Agency I hope at the very least we take care of the RT position with Morgan Moses
or insert your dude.

This Draft is deeper at Guard and guys like Zion Johnson, Tyler Smith, Salyer, Parham should be available for us at 31
and in the 2nd round. Also with Linderbaum measuring at 31" with short arms he should fall to us now and we could
add that top Center we have been clamoring for all these years. I think he can make up for his short arms and being
undersized with his technique, quick hands and strength. But this also all depends on FA and if we add a Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they want the OL fixed so that they can quit dealing with it every year. I continue to think they will get a top center in FA and mid priced guard and draft a tackle at #31 and a corner at #63

Raimann has 33" arms, short for a OT...
Reply/Quote

There won't be many that I would either.
Small handful of OL.
Maybe a couple safeties.
Maybe a couple DTs.
The CB class looks deep, so that's probably where I'd be most confident.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Raimann has 33" arms, short for a OT...

Shorter than that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they want the OL fixed so that they can quit dealing with it every year. I continue to think they will get a top center in FA and mid priced guard and draft a tackle at #31 and a corner at #63

I don't think we can even guess about our needs in the draft until we see what we do in free agency.

We have six starters who are free agents plus Hill and Tupou who both played about half of the snaps last year.

DT (3) Ogunjobi, Hill, Tupou
OL (2) Reiff, Spain
TE (1) Uzomah
CB (1) Apple
FS (1) Bates

And no matter how much we love to pick and choose exactly what free agents we would sign, the fact is that players sign with different teams for a lot of different reasons that we can't control (teammates, favorite coaches, hometowns, etc).  The biggest reason is money, but sometimes one team will fall in love so hard for a certain player that it would not be wise to pay more to get him here.  Those of you old enough to remember when Steinbach left will know what I am talking about.  I really liked Eric, but it would have been a bad idea to pay him more than the Browns offered.

There are just way too many moving pieces to guess on what our needs will be heading into the draft.
Reply/Quote
I agree, should be BPA at that point. FA needs to address the line and bring back our key guys to make that possible though. No reason we shouldn’t be very happy with our team going into the draft and able to sit back and take the best talent out there.

I could get on board with DE, DT, LB, S, CB, or OL depending on who is available. Personally I really like the depth through round 4 in this class. If no clear cut choice falls to 31 I’d be all for trading out for more day 2 picks.
There is always teams wanting to move up for a QB or to get the 5th year option on players before the order resets.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Raimann has 33" arms, short for a OT...

No offense, but please don't turn this into another thread to debate who we should take.  I think it is too early to even guess about.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote:  If no clear cut choice falls to 31 I’d be all for trading out for more day 2 picks.
There is always teams wanting to move up for a QB or to get the 5th year option on players before the order resets.

"In general" I am in favor of trading back for more picks, but you have to wait and see exactly who is available before trading out of a pick.

Although I am a fan of BPA at 31 there are obviously some positions I would consider our level of need in order to determine value.  for example I am not drafting a QB or WR at #31.  So the specific player available with the pick makes a big difference.

You comment about teams wanting the fifth year option on a QB is dead on.  The first picks of the fourth round have value.  I'd love to drop back 7 spots for a top 5 pick in the fourth round.
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams 33 5/8 inches (30 percetile) and we still took him to man LT hoping SEC competition, awards, and technique will off set desirable LT measurables.
Reply/Quote
I hope once the dust settles in free agency, the front office has put themselves in a position to select BPA in the draft.

Even so, there will be plenty of debate on this board on who to take.
Reply/Quote

You just opened Pandoras box for team OL vs Team defense...
Reply/Quote
Decent chance that OL could be BPA, and with the tier of them we will be drafting within, a trade down could be a good move.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:45 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I hope once the dust settles in free agency, the front office has put themselves in a position to select BPA in the draft.  

This times a thousand.

No way we can go into the draft needing a starter and picking at #31.

At worst we may be pigeonholed into a position based on a free agent we sign for just a one year deal.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to picking at #31 so many options. Deep Defensive Line and Corner classes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll hitch myself to #TeamDaxtonHill if the Bengals don't re-sign Bates.
I'll hitch myself to #TeamZionJohnson if the Bengals don't address OG well in FA.

Two of my favorite late-first prospects.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense, but please don't turn this into another thread to debate who we should take.  I think it is too early to even guess about.

Cool. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 07:12 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Decent chance that OL could be BPA, and with the tier of them we will be drafting within, a trade down could be a good move.

Every time I look at draft projections and think a trade down might be good, I remind myself that the Bengals haven't done great in trade downs. The last 3 trade downs... Kevin Zeitler instead of David DeCastro (Bengals gained Brandon Thompson), Billy Price instead of Frank Ragnow (Bengals gained malingering Cordy Glenn), Joe Mixon instead of Dalvin Cook (Bengals gained Josh Malone).

Bengals seem to do the worst in the draft when they start thinking they're smarter than other teams or know something that the other 31 teams don't. They seem to do the best when they make the consensus choice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  Billy Price instead of Frank Ragnow (Bengals gained malingering Cordy Glenn), 

Bengals seem to do the worst in the draft when they start thinking they're smarter than other teams or know something that the other 31 teams don't. They seem to do the best when they make the consensus choice.

No way Bengals or any team takes Ragnow at #12.

The criticism I remember was for the Bengals NOT TRADING UP to get ahead of the Lions.

I would also add that without trading back and getting a couple of extra 4th round picks there is no way we draft McPherson in the 5th.
Reply/Quote