Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No civil war over first round pick this year.
(03-09-2022, 02:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Count me all in on Team Penning.  Dude's going to be a beast, and change the way we view our standards of OL play for decades to come.  Cool

and other online draft pundits agree as they are now mocking him as a top 10 to 15 picked player. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and other online draft pundits agree as they are now mocking him as a top 10 to 15 picked player. 

Yeah, highly doubt Penning will be there when we pick at 31.

If we go OL there my bet is Linderbaum if we don't get a Center in FA. Linderbaum will fall cause of the short arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, highly doubt Penning will be there when we pick at 31.

If we go OL there my bet is Linderbaum if we don't get a Center in FA. Linderbaum will fall cause of the short arms.

I keep reading this, but then post combine mocks aren't adjusting to the point he's around at pick 31.

I do think the online mocks are underestimating how teams fixate on a QB. I'm hoping the QB demand bumps down some players to the benefit of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I keep reading this, but then post combine mocks aren't adjusting to the point he's around at pick 31.

I do think the online mocks are underestimating how teams fixate on a QB. I'm hoping the QB demand bumps down some players to the benefit of the Bengals.

I don't put no stock in those mocks then...

He will fall cause of this as players always do when they don't measure well. Hell everyone should take notice of this, even us.

I think Linderbaum can make up for his short arms with quick hands, technique and strength cause of his wrestling background
but it is a question transitioning to the NFL and I could see us even passing on him cause of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't put no stock in those mocks then...

He will fall cause of this as players always do when they don't measure well. Hell everyone should take notice of this, even us.

I think Linderbaum can make up for his short arms with quick hands, technique and strength cause of his wrestling background
but it is a question transitioning to the NFL and I could see us even passing on him cause of it.

Agreed and I didn't mean to imply the mocks dismiss your perspective. I don't know enough to offer a scouting report on him, but if he has been hyped as having talent then pick 31 is worth using on him if he's the best player available.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed and I didn't mean to imply the mocks dismiss your perspective. I don't know enough to offer a scouting report on him, but if he has been hyped as having talent then pick 31 is worth using on him if he's the best player available.

That is cool Tecmo, if I did a Mock I would have to consider his short arms. You have to take it into account.

He is without a doubt the best Center in this Draft. I would be happy with the pick. Always like coming out of the draft with 
the best player at his position. Linderbaum would be a fine start and to get the best player at his position so late in the first 
would be pretty great.

I could see the FO passing on him though cause of the short arms and the Billy Price pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is cool Tecmo, if I did a Mock I would have to consider his short arms. You have to take it into account.

He is without a doubt the best Center in this Draft. I would be happy with the pick. Always like coming out of the draft with 
the best player at his position. Linderbaum would be a fine start and to get the best player at his position so late in the first 
would be pretty great.

I could see the FO passing on him though cause of the short arms and the Billy Price pick.

My thinking is, let's deal with the short arms if he can come in and instantly start on the OL. I think it might have been ocho who posted equally short arms for some fairly impressive NFL centers. Maybe Linderbaum's other strengths can overcome problems stemming from the short arms?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 03:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My thinking is, let's deal with the short arms if he can come in and instantly start on the OL. I think it might have been ocho who posted equally short arms for some fairly impressive NFL centers. Maybe Linderbaum's other strengths can overcome problems stemming from the short arms?

I think so. This also depends on if we bring in a Center in Free Agency as we would definitely pass on him then.

Daniels didn't get franchised though which surprised me. I expect us to bring him in which would be awesome with his youth 
and ability to play all the interior positions. If we sign Daniels Linderbaum is still an option though with Daniels being able to 
play either Guard position. I think Linderbaum starts right away at Center for whoever drafts him which is what you want in a
1st round pick.
Reply/Quote