Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No fans, first game...
Just got this email...

Dear Keith,

Sports hold a special place in American life. Nowhere is that more true than in the state of Ohio, which holds historic relationships with all the major sports. Ohio's relationship with football stands without peer, and Ohio is widely known as the home of professional football in America.

Over the past several months, we have worked diligently with the NFL, with local governments and with experts in the health community to submit a plan with the hopes of responsibly reopening professional football in Ohio and safely welcoming fans back to Paul Brown Stadium.

Unfortunately we (recently) received feedback from the State of Ohio that prevents us from having any fans at our first home game (Sept. 13 vs. LAC).

We know you may be planning to attend games this fall and we are working tirelessly to have you join us at Paul Brown Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so. We still want to keep you close to the action during what we hope is an exciting 2020 Bengals season - including the debut of Joe Burrow, the return of AJ Green, and an exciting new defense featuring DJ Reader, Vonn Bell and many others. We will share more updates as we find new ways to virtually engage all of Who Dey Nation. For now, follow us on our social channels @Bengals and visit Bengals.com for exclusive videos and more.

Most importantly, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and staying strong during these challenging times. We love and admire the resilience of Who Dey Nation and look forward to being together again next.
Stay safe & WHO DEY!

Cincinnati Bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sad
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't care if fans are at the game or not as long as there's still a game.

On a related note, how funny would it be if the game was still subject to blackout restrictions. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, I don't care if fans are at the game or not as long as there's still a game.

On a related note, how funny would it be if the game was still subject to blackout restrictions. LOL

Agree, just want football. Get those damn restrictions outta here.
Reply/Quote
I had tickets... I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Players feed off the energy from the fans for sure. Going to be tough on 3rd downs and what not when the opposing offenses have the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I had tickets...  I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.

It's gonna be a good story of his career though. In the beginning.........

Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see how many fans try to go to bars and restaurants to watch the games with so many teams doing limited/no fans in the stands.

I'm actually wondering how I'm going to be able to watch the games here in TN with limited capacity at restaurants when they don't show Bengals on local TV and I won't pay for Sunday ticket.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I will say the fact that Burrow will be a rookie QB starting his first NFL game with zero pre-season and 0 fans in the stands is all kinds of wacky. Geez, mail this back to 2019 and watch the heads spin.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It will be interesting to see how many fans try to go to bars and restaurants to watch the games with so many teams doing limited/no fans in the stands.

I'm actually wondering how I'm going to be able to watch the games here in TN with limited capacity at restaurants when they don't show Bengals on local TV and I won't pay for Sunday ticket.

Something something online stream something something...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I had tickets... I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.

I've seen Joe Burrow play in person. This isn't his first game.

I'm messing with you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Wait...i don't remember reading anything in that about a full refund.  Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I had tickets...  I wanted to see Burrow's 1st game in person.
Joe plays all his games in person
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I wanted to attend that game and see Burrows first game, I got the same email, this sucks
Reply/Quote
I have to say that I'm impressed with Bengals leadership here.  It's just not worth the potentiality of spreading a disease which may kill people, cause cognitive problems, and long term lung problems if it continues to spread.  Anyone who said that they're only motivated by money is officially lying to you.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It will be interesting to see how many fans try to go to bars and restaurants to watch the games with so many teams doing limited/no fans in the stands.

Since I only get some of the games here in Louisville (when the Colts are not playing at the same time), I get NFL Game Pass. it's  99 dollars a year. The only caveat is the game is not available until right after the live broadcast, so you have to dodge social media and phone calls for several hours to be able to watch the game without knowing the score. The only problem with that, is you really can't watch the other games playing at the time because of the ticker at the bottom giving the scores. If you don't mind that, then it is cheaper than Sunday Ticket. I play it on my laptop with an HDMI cable connected to the 65" screen tv. 
Reply/Quote

The same way us cheap bastards that don't live in the Cincy viewing area watch the games without spending any money.

(08-25-2020, 10:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Something something online stream something something...

What this guy mumbled. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pipe in some crowd noise at least. That helps the experience IMO.

I feel like you should be able to give one ticket per section to the craziest fans. Like...100 people who each bring their own costume/sign/whatever. They'll all be very spaced out from each other (like 20 yards from the nearest person) so it would be safe I'd think?

Reply/Quote
I wonder how they're handling refunds. Do you get money transferred back to your for each individual game missed, or are they just going to roll it over to next year's balance?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 10:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Something something online stream something something...

Looking for something to watch on live TV, not on my PC
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote