Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No love from NFL.COM: Midseason awards
Brady, Bellicheat all over the place.

One vote out of the whole page for Marvin as coach, every other position had zero votes.

How does T. Eifert not get a single vote for comeback player?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572453/article/nfl-midseason-predictions-mvp-rookie-of-the-year-and-more
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Brady, Bellicheat all over the place.

One vote out of the whole page for Marvin as coach, every other position had zero votes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572453/article/nfl-midseason-predictions-mvp-rookie-of-the-year-and-more

Heath Evans voted for Marv too.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  How does T. Eifert not get a single vote for comeback player?

Because the big 3 Cardinals. Palmer, Fitzgerald, and Johnson are far more worthy.  This is really the beginning of Eifert's career...it's hard to call him Comeback Player of the Year when he didn't even have 500 yards receiving for his career before this season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Heath Evans voted for Marv too.

Heath Evans also says the Steelers are winning the division still, lol.

That's not my definition of comeback player, but who knows. Comeback from some sort of injury (zero stats) and performing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it will take 2 SB victories to get any accolades from those talking heads. Personally, I couldn't care less.

Seeing JB hoisting the Lombardi would be good enough for me.
Reply/Quote

Comeback player is reserved for a player who was great, but hit a rough patch, whether that be injuries, controversies, suspensions or general ineffectiveness, back to being great. What did Eifert come back from? A mildly disappointing rookie year and a few good catches in a quarter of football last year?

I am, however, a little irritated that Atkins wasn't even mentioned for comeback player of the year. He doesn't have the stats to support winning the award, but it would have been nice if someone mentioned his name at least like as an honorable mention.

That said, I find it pretty understandable that we don't have many votes for anything.

Dalton isn't beating Brady for MVP or Offensive Player of the Year.

We don't have anyone standing head and shoulders above the league on defense. We have Atkins, Jones and Dunlap who are having fantastic years, but not DPOY worthy. At least not yet.

Our Rookies aren't doing anything, so no OROY or DROY votes.

And with 3 other undefeated teams, they weren't going to select Lewis for coach of the year. If we were the only undefeated team, sure, he'd be talked about. But even still, the regular season is not where Lewis struggles, so until he wins a playoff game, no one is saying he's the coach of the year, and that's completely fair. Coach of the year typically goes to a team that transcends all other teams, or a team that does WAY better than expected. Like when we made it to the playoffs in 2009 and we swept the division when people were saying we didn't stand a chance. And, surprisingly, Lewis did win COY that year. He would have won it 2011 for a similar reason, but the 49ers went 13-3 with Jim Harbaugh, and they were also expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL.

And, as I said about comeback player of the year, we didn't have a feel good enough story (Berry) or a statistically impressive player (Palmer, Johnson, Peterson) to justify any votes there either.

I read the article and it made sense to me that no Bengals would be nominated for many awards. We are an effective team with good players and coaches throughout, but none that are miles ahead of the league. Not with Brady/Belichick still around, anyway.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap leads the NFL in Sacks so he should be DPOY candidate and Atkins has doubled his sack total from last season so he should be a comeback player of year candidate.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Dunlap leads the NFL in Sacks so he should be DPOY candidate and Atkins has doubled his sack total from last season so he should  be a comeback player of year candidate.

Dunlap probably is a candidate.

The question asked in the article is who wins.

And right now, there is no way you don't give DPOY to a player on Denver's defense.

Same for Atkins. The question is who wins. You have Palmer and Johnson playing better than ever in thei careers, arguably, and you have Eric Berry coming back from cancer. Atkins won't be wining that award.
Reply/Quote
Come on now. Yes Dalton is having an MVP type season, but Brady is playing possibly the best season of his career.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dunlap probably is a candidate.

And right now, there is no way you don't give DPOY to a player on Denver's defense.

Same for Atkins. The question is who wins. You have Palmer and Johnson playing better than ever in thei careers, arguably, and you have Eric Berry coming back from cancer. Atkins won't be wining that award.

Disagree on defensive player of the year it doesn't have to go to a Bronco player. In fact their are so many good Broncos that it actually might hurt them in the voting process. Secondly Geno is on pace for 12 Sacks this season for a 4-3 Defensive tackle that is pretty impressive and is on par with Carson or Fitzgerald accomplishments this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I think 85 gets snubbed bc he never was really "here" in the first place. Had he been an established player, then returned like this from injury then for sure he gets votes.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think it will take 2 SB victories to get any accolades from those talking heads. Personally, I couldn't care less.

Seeing JB hoisting the Lombardi would be good enough for me.

Who's JB?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 12:43 AM)Earendil Wrote: Who's JB?

John Bobbitt?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dunlap probably is a candidate.

Especially considering his injury was 2 seasons ago.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This made me want to puke:

Michael Silver: Talib. The "No Fly Zone" is the most daunting force in football right now, and this physical, prolific player is the chief air-traffic controller.

First of all, NO FLY ZONE is from Dennard and MSU and it is now here in Cincy, thank you.

Second, Talib, though talented, is a first class assbag that has so many off field issues that even the pats couldn't keep him. Now that's bad.

Third, how does Adam Jones not warrant ANY consideration from ANYONE? This guy has flat-out stoned whatever WR he is assigned to and also is near the top of the team totals for tackles, so he isn't a one-trick pony. He helps in run support as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Come on now. Yes Dalton is having an MVP type season, but Brady is playing possibly the best season of his career.

Just like we saw with Rogers, I will be very interested to see how Brady fares against a defense like Denver's.  They look like world beaters against the Jags, Dolphins, and I am sure the deadskins will be added to that list today.  Brady racks up a ton of stats against such duds.  

You can say the Bengal's schedule isn't much harder, if at all, but I think the Bengals have more balance and can beat you in more ways than New England.  

If it is New England and Cincinnati in the AFC Championship game, I sure hope it is here.  I think that game would be epic.  
Reply/Quote
Heath Evans is a clown
Reply/Quote
That is ok, word out is that the Bengals players covet the years ending awards over the premature ones.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
When we beat NE in the AFC champtionship game some of award talk might come our way. Right now though Comeback Player of the Year is either Carson Palmer or Eric Berry..the only other person in the running is Navarro Bowman

Coach of the Year will be either Dan Quinn or Bill Belichick. Marvin wins if we go to the Super Bowl

OOPY will be Tom Brady or possibly Carson Palmer
DPOY proabably Von Miller, Luke Keuchly (but missed some games) will get some votes. Dunlap and Atkins should be in the conversation. The Monday and Sunday night games will help showcase those 2 players

MVP- Tom Brady...Cam Newton and Andy should be in the conversations. Again hinges on the post season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:53 AM)pally Wrote: When we beat NE in the AFC champtionship game some of award talk might come our way.  Right now though Comeback Player of the Year is either Carson Palmer or Eric Berry..the only other person in the running is Navarro Bowman

Coach of the Year will be either Dan Quinn or Bill Belichick.  Marvin wins if we go to the Super Bowl

OOPY will be Tom Brady or possibly Carson Palmer
DPOY proabably Von Miller, Luke Keuchly (but missed some games) will get some votes.  Dunlap and Atkins should be in the conversation.  The Monday and Sunday night games will help showcase those 2 players

MVP- Tom Brady...Cam Newton and Andy should be in the conversations.  Again hinges on the post season

No go on Caaaaaam. 54% completion and TD to INT is only +3
Reply/Quote