Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
No seriously, make Roddie White a Bengal
(03-15-2016, 02:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You said A.J. Green couldn't even get 700 yards in that offense last season and I was showing you that you were completely wrong.

I said he would have a tough time. It might have been an exaggeration but if he only got 77 targets he still would have a tough time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Did some looking into this and Andre johnsons targets dropped from 181 to 147 to 77 in Indy.  His average yards per catch remained on average for his career FYI.

Ty Hilton had 134 target

Can't blame a guy for not putting up stats when he doesn't have opportunities.

How many targets do you expect him to get here in Cinci? With AJ and Eifert and Gio, hard to imagine Andre even getting more than 70.

Marvin Jones for example had 65 receptions on 103 targets.

His targets dropping is kind of a moot point since it would be similar here.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Did some looking into this and Andre johnsons targets dropped from 181 to 147 to 77 in Indy.  His average yards per catch remained on average for his career FYI.

Ty Hilton had 134 target

Can't blame a guy for not putting up stats when he doesn't have opportunities.

QBs throw to the guys that can get open.

The drop in targets is due to Johnson's inability to get open.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How many targets do you expect him to get here in Cinci? With AJ and Eifert and Gio, hard to imagine Andre even getting more than 70.

Marvin Jones for example had 65 receptions on 103 targets.

His targets dropping is kind of a moot point since it would be similar here.

In a 1-2 year deal I would be thrilled with 40-50 catches and 500-600 yards per season.  He wouldn't be able to replace jones- he would replace sanu.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: In a 1-2 year deal I would be thrilled with 40-50 catches and 500-600 yards per season.  He wouldn't be able to replace jones- he would replace sanu.

I think everyone on here and the FO would agree with you, however, Andre and his agent probably ask for higher compensation that what that is truly worth.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: QBs throw to the guys that can get open.

The drop in targets is due to Johnson's inability to get open.

Or he changed teams with a qb change?

Still think he would be great as a number 3 here.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Laverneus Coles was a mediocre/good #2 in his career.

Roddy White was an All-Pro and one of the better #1 in the NFL at the peak of his career.

Now I am not saying that I want Roddy White, because I don't. I would prefer Boldin if they're going for a short term vet WR. That doesn't change the fact that Coles and White are in vastly different situations.

Plus nobody is going to offer White a 4 year deal like the Bengals did with Coles. Kind of a clown statement to equate a 1-year prove it deal to the Coles deal.

Coles and White were both in declining productivity years ( another poster mentioned RWs' last good year was 2011).
If you invent your own language ( clown statement ) please define terms so mere mortals can fathom your omnipotent thought process.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:16 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: With that logic... Imagine if the Broncos thought that way after getting Andre Caldwell in free agency.  They wouldn't have got Emmanuel sanders.  And probably wouldn't have won a Super Bowl. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but you need to focus onlooking forward and not backwards. Every team gets burned, it's something you gotta live with - just part of the game.

28m/4 years is completely different than 1-2y on a 2m or 5m deal.  The bengals can protect themselves (to an extent) and still try and make this a better football team

If is the largest word in the dictionary.Who knows how a situation works out when existing conditions change ? Not me.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I agree every team gets burned. Ever hear the platitude " Those that forget the past are destined to repeat it ". I certainly don't want to go thru the nineties again. The past is the foundation the present is built on.
Lets hope our team can improve and get a few Lombardis.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 11:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So was Terrance Newman... 5 years later he is still starting at cb for min.

Just because a guy isn't a superstar doesn't mean he can't help.  I don't care if it's roddy white or mike Wallace.  We need to replace two receivers production.  I truly believe toddy white could replace sanu for at least a year.  We are not asking everyone to be superstars. 

I said it before, jerricho cotchery is not a great wide receiver.  But he played a valuable part for the panthers.  Owen Daniels is also probably old and washed up in your mind but he also played a valuable part for the Broncos.  

Keep an open mind.

How did we let the Ravens get Mike Wallace, the Bengals officially have the weakest group of hideouts in the NFL. The front office is back to sucking azz!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:39 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: How did we let the Ravens get Mike Wallace, the Bengals officially have the weakest group of hideouts in the NFL. The front office is back to sucking azz!

Lol, probably because the bengals were not going to pay that price. 

Keep Reggie to man center field and help negate Wallace.  

Go get Percy Harvin, who if healthy would be a more dynamic version of sanu.  And go into draft and get your outside guy. 

Give the FO credit, they do a great job of finding talent and not giving out stupid contracts with a bunch of dead cap money, 
Reply/Quote