Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No surprise: Trump will host the G7 at his own resort.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
We wanted a guy to run this country like a business, and he is. I'm not surprised he does stuff like this, but I don't quite get why people thought Trump being a selfish money-grubber would be so great for the rest of us.

Oh well, we knew what we were getting into.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I was just about to post this. Set to make millions personally.

How do we as Americans keep allowing this level of corruption in broad daylight?

Saying "if this was Obama/Hillary" just isn't enough. American voters know they wouldn't allow it from a Democrat, and just don't care. Something has to change in order to stop this from continuing to happen.

Highlighting hypocrisy isn't working (as we see with Don Jr. attacking Hunter Biden and nepotism without any pushback or questions on his fathers influence on his success).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

I can't wait to hear what the other 'finalist' sites are.

But no matter. The owners of those sites clearly wouldn't profit from this either.
i wonder where the G6 will be held next year?
Mr. Trump is not taking his 400K presidential salary. Just saying.
(10-17-2019, 01:45 PM)GMDino Wrote:

The event will be hosted, and the government billed at cost, rather than retail profit.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-17-2019, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The event will be hosted, and the government billed at cost, rather than retail profit.  

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761119bc8ba649f5bd4034...=giphy.gif]
(10-17-2019, 05:03 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Mr. Trump is not taking his 400K presidential salary. Just saying.

Will we truly know this unless we see his taxes in depth?
(10-17-2019, 08:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761119bc8ba649f5bd4034...=giphy.gif]

What more would you expect?  The same man donates his Presidential salary to worthy causes.  Y'all just need to lay off of the Pres. and start seeing him for the kind humanitarian that he really is.

Trump 2020

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-17-2019, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What more would you expect?  The same man donates his Presidential salary to worthy causes.  Y'all just need to lay off of the Pres. and start seeing him for the kind humanitarian that he really is.

Trump 2020

Meh, people can acknowledge that he donates his salary and still be upset that he uses his political office to line his own pockets.  This isn't about Trump so much as it's about the idea that the president maybe shouldn't be in a position to siphon government assets and taxpayer money into his own private businesses for the betterment of himself and his family.
(10-17-2019, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What more would you expect?  The same man donates his Presidential salary to worthy causes.  Y'all just need to lay off of the Pres. and start seeing him for the kind humanitarian that he really is.

Trump 2020

Humanitarians rip away thousands of kids from their parents and put them in makeshift prisons?

Humanitarians abandon our allies and allow them to get executed?

Humanitarians refuse to acknowledge when dictators execute American residents?

But he donated his $400k to executive departments that he cut the budget to! Praise him! Even if he has spent 850 years worth of salaries on golf trips via the taxpayers...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-17-2019, 08:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, people can acknowledge that he donates his salary and still be upset that he uses his political office to line his own pockets.  This isn't about Trump so much as it's about the idea that the president maybe shouldn't be in a position to siphon government assets and taxpayer money into his own private businesses for the betterment of himself and his family.

Especially when you consider his 3 years of salary account for 0.3% of the taxpayer cost for his chronic golf trips. 

At this point he's demonstrating that Republicans will turn a blind eye to any degree of corruption from him if they believe their base doesn't care... as a poster here has confirmed they don't and will in fact rationalize it in the most illogical way.

(10-17-2019, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Humanitarians rip away thousands of kids from their parents and put them in makeshift prisons?

Humanitarians abandon our allies and allow them to get executed?

Humanitarians refuse to acknowledge when dictators execute American residents?

But he donated his $400k to executive departments that he cut the budget to! Praise him! Even if he has spent 850 years worth of salaries on golf trips via the taxpayers...
This is silly:

Terrible of Trump just to go out and "rip away" 1,000s of kids from their families and put them in prison.

Which allies did we abandon? The Kurds or the NATO member?

Nah, Presidents do that. 

There's plenty of legit things to hate Trump for. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-17-2019, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is silly:

Terrible of Trump just to go out and "rip away" 1,000s of kids from their families and put them in prison.

Which allies did we abandon? The Kurds or the NATO member?

Nah, Presidents do that. 

There's plenty of legit things to hate Trump for. 

You're right, your post was silly.

(10-17-2019, 10:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're right, your post was silly.

We all has differing opinions of what's silly. I just found a post that starts out with the appeal to emotion fallacy so drastic as to state: 'He rips 1,000s of babies from their families and throws them into prisons" to be silly.

What aspect of my post did you find silly?

(10-17-2019, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We all has differing opinions of what's silly. I just found a post that starts out with the appeal to emotion fallacy so drastic as to state: 'He rips 1,000s of babies from their families and throws them into prisons" to be silly.

What aspect of my post did you find silly?

Considering the fact that he created a policy designed to remove children from their parents and place them in prison like camps, I find my comments to be a valid reason to suggest he is not a humanitarian. 

(10-17-2019, 10:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Considering the fact that he created a policy designed to remove children from their parents and place them in prison like camps, I find my comments to be a valid reason to suggest he is not a humanitarian. 

Of course you find them to be valid; I just found them to be overly dramatic and biased rhetoric. 

As to the OP: Hosting the event at his Hotel looks bad and he should have chosen an alternate location.