Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No talks of firing Tobin/hiring a GM?
Haven’t heard a single word on this from the org. I’d like to think their fed up with the terrible drafting as of recent. Why do we still keep this guy?
Reply/Quote
Surely you jest...
Reply/Quote
"we're not the problem" mentality. That's why.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Haven’t heard a single word on this from the org. I’d like to think their fed up with the terrible drafting as of recent. Why do we still keep this guy?

Everyone in the Organization is riding high right now after just beating the Jets.

All is right in Mike Brown's world today and he may even be secretly considering Christmas Bonuses for everyone.

Still plenty of time for him to NIX the Christmas Bonus idea to save a few bucks but all jobs are likely safe for the moment after that Big Win on Sunday.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: Everyone in the Organization is riding high right now after just beating the Jets.

All is right in Mike Brown's world today and he may even be secretly considering Christmas Bonuses for everyone.

Still plenty of time for him to NIX the Christmas Bonus idea to save a few bucks but all jobs are likely safe for the moment after that Big Win on Sunday.  Mellow

I've said it before, but 2-14 will feel like a great season given how terrible the start of the year was.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've said it before, but 2-14 will feel like a great season given how terrible the start of the year was.

For Mike especially if they win week 17 at Home against the Browns.

Plus The Bengals Front Office can hang their hats on losing 6 of the first 11 losses by just One Possession.

This could all lead to a "Just Tweak it" Strategy this offseason if Mike sees the Glass as being half full or better.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:29 PM)Takedown Wrote: "we're not the problem" mentality. That's why.

Nail meet hammer

Mike Brown and the Brown family leadership believe they're pushing all the right buttons and throwing all the right levers. Conceited thru and thru.

They really believe "we're doing it right, we don't need a real GM". How they rationalize it ? I've no idea
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What GM worth a damn would take the job anyways?

Not like they can actually sign FA's or make trades, everything would have to be run through Mikey's office and he'd nix anything that was spending $$$

Wish they'd take a lesson from the team right next door who went out and traded for needs and signed a FA to fill a need and actually cares about winning and the fans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nail meet hammer

Mike Brown and the Brown family leadership believe they're pushing all the right buttons and throwing all the right levers. Conceited thru and thru.

They really believe "we're doing it right, we don't need a real GM". How they rationalize it ? I've no idea

If you repeat it enough times, it becomes believable inside your own head. I am sure they also believe they will turn it around with a good draft and more 'luck' with injuries. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Until Mike Brown is totally out of the football process for the Bengals, hes going to be our GM and Tobin is his mini-me.

which sucks for us fans.....
Reply/Quote

They'll chalk this season up to:

1 ) Growing pains of a new coaching staff
2 ) Injuries to AJ and Jonah and Boling retiring.

And say we win 3 of the last 5 games...they'll see that as the team finally coming around and being a 10 win team had the season started in Week 11.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 05:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Until Mike Brown is totally out of the football process for the Bengals, hes going to be our GM and Tobin is his mini-me.

Sadly, there is no real reason to believe for one second that Katie isn't going to be a mini-me of Mike herself..

I think the real and only hope for this team to ever turn it around would be for Katie to decide she doesn't want to deal with it and sell the team....but I'm not hopeful.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ron Rivera fired in Carolina.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 05:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ron Rivera fired in Carolina.

Rivera is head coach, not GM
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Haven’t heard a single word on this from the org. I’d like to think their fed up with the terrible drafting as of recent. Why do we still keep this guy?

Oh boy, before advancing to this course for questions you must first take Bengals Organization History 101.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They really believe "we're doing it right, we don't need a real GM". How they rationalize it ? I've no idea

Probably from reading fans posts on this message board about how Marvin had the best roster in the league and Dalton had the most talent in the league around him.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 05:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Until Mike Brown is totally out of the football process for the Bengals, hes going to be our GM and Tobin is his mini-me.

Well Duke knows how to work a cell phone... so there's that!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 04:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Surely you jest...

He jests not. And quit calling him Shirley.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rivera is head coach, not GM

I think what he was alluding to, was the fact that the Panthers owner made a public announcement that losing would not be tolerated, in response to the Panthers loss to the then, 2 win Falcons.  Then, they lose this week to the at the time, 2 win Washington Redskins.  The owner made good on his statement, and took action.

However, GM isn't the problem with 'Carolina, their roster is loaded with talent. It was the coach that has had them unprepared for battle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

because the nfl lets him thats how!!

Reply/Quote