Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No team I'd rather us face in the Playoffs
(01-04-2016, 02:07 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: As long as Marv is the head coach, I will never feel confident going into a playoff game.
.....also the thought of DreK covering any of the Steelers receivers makes me want to puke.

Couldn't we do what Baltimore did against them?  Deep cover 2, make them take everything underneath, and TACKLE, preventing YAC
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:42 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Couldn't we do what Baltimore did against them?  Deep cover 2, make them take everything underneath, and TACKLE, preventing YAC

TACKLING is the key word there and it seems that we have our games where they forget how to do that.  This definitely can't be one of those games.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:53 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I'm loving the matchup.

Steelers looked like shit yesterday against the BROWNS .

Hill looks to be back to form and we they probably just lost their second starting running back of the season.

We need to take the ball first, jump out to an early lead, and just keep the pressure on Ben so he doesn't have all day to pick us apart because their receivers are the only way they can beat us.

That, along with refraining from calling a screen pass inside the 5, will get us the W!

Rock On

They looked like shit and still put up 28. That's how good their offense is.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:41 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, I figured that is what we will do.  But Dre having a mental error is what worries me.  I just haven't been impressed with his play lately at all.

And for the love of poo, when Ben gets out of the pocket, STAY ON YOUR MAN!

I'm tired of seeing DBs run up to try and get a hit on him, then the receiver gets behind them and is open for a long gain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:41 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, I figured that is what we will do.  But Dre having a mental error is what worries me.  I just haven't been impressed with his play lately at all.

I agree. I do believe he has played better in the second half of the season, but nothing to what he should be living up to. Also, I get sick of his constant after the play gestures, when he doesn't do much. 
Reply/Quote
The best thing about the Bengals winning? I'm pretty sure there is a 95% chance that some Steelers players may actually cry after the game.

Also, the Tebow curse will live on!
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The key to winning this Saturday is we have to have make a big play early.  An early interception, a punt return for a TD, a kick return, anything.  Get that Big Mo on our side early and we have the horses to stay ahead of them the rest of the game. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Some of you guys loving this matchup and wanting to play the Steelers, let me ask you this. When was the the last time, if ever, the Bengals beat the Steelers in a big game that mattered? I don't recall it ever happening. Yet this... *sigh* for the 5th year in the row is going to be different. When we played the Chargers who barely made it into the playoffs beat us, that was the year it was going to happen. When we played the Texans for a second time..that would be different. Hell a lot of you same guys were posting on the old boards last year we were going to beat the Colts because we lost so badly early to them in the year we were going to play tough, angry and ...yes you guessed it different.

Well its Groundhog's Day again and guess what were going to do this playoff year that we haven't done yet under Marvin Lewis entire tenure? Were going to play different. Yes different  against a team that year in and out gets the best of us. And your soon glad we're facing them. 

It will be different all right...but unfortunately the feeling will be the same come late Saturday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Some of you guys loving this matchup and wanting to play the Steelers, let me ask you this. When was the the last time, if ever, the Bengals beat the Steelers in a big game that mattered? I don't recall it ever happening. Yet this... *sigh* for the 5th year in the row is going to be different. When we played the Chargers who barely made it into the playoffs beat us, that was the year it was going to happen. When we played the Texans for a second time..that would be different. Hell a lot of you same guys were posting on the old boards last year we were going to beat the Colts because we lost so badly early to them in the year we were going to play tough, angry and ...yes you guessed it different.

Well its Groundhog's Day again and guess what were going to do this playoff year that we haven't done yet under Marvin Lewis entire tenure? Were going to play different. Yes different  against a team that year in and out gets the best of us. And your soon glad we're facing them. 

It will be different all right...but unfortunately the feeling will be the same come late Saturday night.

2012 won in Pittsburgh to clinch the playoffs and knock them out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I agree. I do believe he has played better in the second half of the season, but nothing to what he should be living up to. Also, I get sick of his constant after the play gestures, when he doesn't do much. 

Yep.  And catch the dang ball if you get your hands on it!!  Don't try to run with it before you catch it.  Catch it first!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Some of you guys loving this matchup and wanting to play the Steelers, let me ask you this. When was the the last time, if ever, the Bengals beat the Steelers in a big game that mattered? I don't recall it ever happening. Yet this... *sigh* for the 5th year in the row is going to be different. When we played the Chargers who barely made it into the playoffs beat us, that was the year it was going to happen. When we played the Texans for a second time..that would be different. Hell a lot of you same guys were posting on the old boards last year we were going to beat the Colts because we lost so badly early to them in the year we were going to play tough, angry and ...yes you guessed it different.

Didn't expect GodFather to be the type to stick the tail inbetween his legs and hide under a table, but that's what I'm reading. Man up! You make it sound like watching the Bengals is just miserable for you this time of year each year. If you don't expect things to go differently then why even bother watching?

I hope the players don't have the same mind set as you do.
Reply/Quote
Plus with Adam and Eifert back i think we can slow down Brown this time and score more TD's.

Better than facing any other team right now for us. The Jets were better all around than the Steelers,
the Chiefs are hot and the Texans have already beat us. This is the best scenario for us to get that
Playoff monkey off our backs.

Is DeAngelo Williams hurt bad BTW?
Reply/Quote

You are all about our history of losing in the playoffs here. I get that. But of the teams we could face this year, I think we have our best chances to win against the Steelers. We beat them in 2012 to clinch the division. We beat them this year.

We can beat any team in the playoffs. I like our chances against the Steelers better than others.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I can feel it. I just know that DreK will have his one career game of the year this Saturday. Like the one he had against the Broncos last year.
Reply/Quote
I have a thread from Dec 15th in Smack Talk saying I want us to face the steelers in the first round. I dont think we could ask for a better match up!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:54 AM)lostwou Wrote: What run game? Not feeling good about this game not because its the Steelers it could be anyone. IF we can't start running the ball McCarron is a dead man.

The only way to beat these stinkin stealers is simply to put the rapist on his back ALOT....if they are unable to do that ,our team will get hammered.The rapist is too good and he will be pumped to beat us.So far our mighty BENGALS
have not been able to do that.He has all pickin day to sling it and that will not be good.This is going to be a mighty WAR.If they limit the stupid penalties and stay after it,maybe we can pull it out.If the rapist has even a few seconds he will be trying to score.We MUST have the ball last.Marvin Lewis should stay in the locker room and watch it on tv.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: I have a thread from Dec 15th in Smack Talk saying I want us to face the steelers in the first round. I dont think we could ask for a better match up!

Indeed. You called it several weeks ago.

And I agree wholeheartedly. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote