Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No team I'd rather us face in the Playoffs
(01-04-2016, 07:00 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: There is no other team I'd rather see the Bengals playing in the first round than the Steelers.

- We know them better than just about any other team in the league.
- Our players don't buy into the "PIT: Scariest team in the playoffs" media mumbo jumbo.  
- We've beat them once the season already.
- This year's Steelers have exploitable weaknesses.
- Our guys are hungrier.
- The Steelers fans will cry more than they usually do.
- The Steelers players dress up in pink leotards after games and dance for Rooney at a big gala. Big Jen's has a hole torn in a very strategic location.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Our defense is finally healthy with George and Jones back in the lineup, and while our offense hasn't been hitting on all cylinders, Pittsburgh's defense is just plain and simply not talented, especially their abysmal secondary. They do not scare me at all. If AJ doesn't turn the ball over, we win this game. Hopefully Jeremy Hill can continue where he left off from yesterday - if he does, we could be having some fun.
Reply/Quote
I am happy that we are getting another chance to beat Pittsburgh at home this year. It amazes me that everyone acts like they are scared of the Steelers and that they are the most dominant team in the playoffs. I am sorry but their defense is average at best due to their horrid secondary. Also for the person that made the comment that we are going to get torched because the way McCarron played against them last game and how they dominated the Bengals. I'm sorry but apparently you did not watch the game because the Steelers did not dominate the Bengals because if you break it down their offense only scored 26 points and 12 of those being on field goals and the other 14 points due to two rushing tds. Also the other td was due to a bad pass by McCarron that led to a pick 6 but that was it. They did not dominate the Bengals. McCarron came in cold off the bench and led the Bengals to 20 points. Also as for everyone who is scared of Antonio Brown and the Steelers passing attack. I'm sorry but last I checked in the two games this season against us, Antonio Brown did not dominate the Bengals. He has been held for under 75 yards in each of the two games this year and no tds. So if that is dominate then I guess I do not understand the meaning of the word. Our secondary has played extremely well against Brown and the passing attack. Also last game the secondary held Big Ben to 0 tds so once again that is not dominant. Another thing that could be going for us is the fact that Deangelo Williams maybe out of the game depending on how bad his ankle injury is. No matter either way our team is setup to beat the Steelers and I would love to take them down in the Jungle and put an end to the so called most scary team in the AFC. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree he was not part of the gameplan, but losers make excuses, winners win. I don't know how the Bengals stack against the Steelers with AJM at the helm, do you? They lost originally so now you're banking on them winning shortly thereafter because he's part of the gameplan.

C'Mon Man!

AJM was not only not part of the game plan, he had not practiced at all with starter reps. As you are well aware, he's had 3 starts since. The Steelers came in playing their best football of the season three weeks ago. Last week, they lost to the same team we just beat (with what they had to think was a MUST win scenario at the time). They played like crap at the Browns yesterday. They likely lost their RB. There is a TON different about this match-up.

While I subscribe to the "an pessimist is an optimist with experience" mantra, the Bengals finally win a playoff game on Saturday night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:11 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Why the hell have you been rooting for the Bengals is beyond me? All that talking all season long and this is the final verdict? You don't think it's possible? Are you from Pittsburgh?

All what talking? I've always been a hopeful pessimist.

That's kind of my thing.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I'm loving the matchup.

Steelers looked like shit yesterday against the BROWNS .

Hill looks to be back to form and we they probably just lost their second starting running back of the season.

We need to take the ball first, jump out to an early lead, and just keep the pressure on Ben so he doesn't have all day to pick us apart because their receivers are the only way they can beat us.

That, along with refraining from calling a screen pass inside the 5, will get us the W!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
I hate the Steelers and damn it, did not want to see them in the playoffs. I wanted to see them sitting on their couches.
My husband says the same thing. If we can't beat them then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.
All I know is Bengal fans need to show up and quit giving their tickets to Steelers fans! I'm tired of getting hit in the face with their stupid towels! Its our house not theirs! Lets act like it!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:08 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree he was not part of the gameplan, but losers make excuses, winners win. I don't know how the Bengals stack against the Steelers with AJM at the helm, do you? They lost originally so now you're banking on them winning shortly thereafter because he's part of the gameplan.

Winners win and that's a valid point. On the other hand, Dalton has been one of the healthiest QBs since he became a Bengal. It's like being behind Favre or Manning — you hope you get a chance, but you figure at most you're coming in for a few downs while the guy gets back on the field.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why it keeps needing to be said, but most of us who are "scared" of playing the Steelers again don't think they are the better team. We're "scared" because they are cheap shotting arseholes who will injure people to win. The Bengals could totally beat them straight up in a clean game, but we all know it won't be a clean game.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:56 AM)BengirlVal Wrote: I hate the Steelers and damn it, did not want to see them in the playoffs. I wanted to see them sitting on their couches.
My husband says the same thing. If we can't beat them then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.
All I know is Bengal fans need to show up and quit giving their tickets to Steelers fans! I'm tired of getting hit in the face with their stupid towels! Its our house not theirs! Lets act like it!

Idk why but I LOLed at "getting hit in the face with their stupid towels." Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:00 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: There is no other team I'd rather see the Bengals playing in the first round than the Steelers.

- We know them better than just about any other team in the league.
- Our players don't buy into the "PIT: Scariest team in the playoffs" media mumbo jumbo.
- We've beat them once the season already.
- This year's Steelers have exploitable weaknesses.
- Our guys are hungrier.
- The Steelers fans will cry more than they usually do.
- The Steelers players dress up in pink leotards after games and dance for Rooney at a big gala. Big Jen's has a hole torn in a very strategic location.

I might Agree if we had our Starting QB
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:11 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't know why it keeps needing to be said, but most of us who are "scared" of playing the Steelers again don't think they are the better team.  We're "scared" because they are cheap shotting arseholes who will injure people to win. The Bengals could totally beat them straight up in a clean game, but we all know it won't be a clean game.

^^^^^^^^^^ This!!!  And of course we have Marvin as our HC.

There is no doubt we have the more talented team, but sometimes it takes more than just talent.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:31 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think we'll make it out of the first round regardless of who we're playing.

Having to play the Steelers kind of seals it for me. I'd be very very surprised if we win. I'd be surprised if we don't lose by at least 10 points.

I hope and pray that we beat them, but I just don't see how that is possible.

I share your apprehension.  The Bengals are an enigma to me.   One minute they look dominant, the next they look like clowns.  The bend don't break defense is a psychological thriller (for me) and favors the opposition psychologically.  But I have to admit it works to a degree.   The big problem is that it keeps our defense on the field too long.

Our sloppiness on offense belies the talent we have.  And the predictable poor use of time outs because we can't get the play in on time robs our momentum at crucial times.

But then we'll start ramming Hill down their throats and we'll pull AJ and Eifert out of the bag.   We're a dangerous team.  We just need to be more professional.  We should be over the above issues.  We were having them with Dalton too so it's not AJ.

If we can learn from our failures over the season:  dealing with the blitz, dealing with the zone, getting plays in on time, not calling cute plays that use up the pre-snap clock and invite the scorn of opposing defenders, making in game adjustments to the other team's adjustments...   we have the talent to totally eviscerate the AFC.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers wouldn't even be in the playoffs had Andy not gotten hurt on our opening drive against them. McCarron almost beat the Broncos. He's good enough to beat the Steelers. This game really boils down to how well our defense plays. The offense will put up 21+ points. We have to hold the Steelers to less than 20. If we do that, it's on to Denver or New England. Hopefully, we'll have Andy back for that next game.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I can appreciate pessimism. Your opinions are welcome here. Same with homers.

But I'll stand by what I said, there is no other team I would rather see us playing in the first round.

- Kansas City is one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. They are rolling into the playoffs with a lot of steam and are not the same team we met earlier in the year.
- Houston has shown that they have our number, this year and in the past playoffs. We are better on paper only. Their D has some insight into us. Frankly, I worry about us playing them more than us playing PIT.

We can fret over NE and/or DEN later. Hopefully, we will have Dalton by that time.

I have a good feeling about this match-up and this game. I hope it is fulfilled. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Plus, I think our players what to play PIT more than any other team. I don't think they have doubts at all about playing and beating them like some of the fans do. They have done it and have confidence in being able to do it again. I have no doubt that they laugh at the "Team you don't wanna face in the playoffs!!!" crap the media is feeding. I suspect that crap is up on the bulletin board.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I can appreciate pessimism. Your opinions are welcome here. Same with homers.

But I'll stand by what I said, there is no other team I would rather see us playing in the first round.

- Kansas City is one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. They are rolling into the playoffs with a lot of steam and are not the same team we met earlier in the year.
- Houston has shown that they have our number, this year and in the past playoffs. We are better on paper only. Their D has some insight into us. Frankly, I worry about us playing them more than us playing PIT.

We can fret over NE and/or DEN later. Hopefully, we will have Dalton by that time.

I have a good feeling about this match-up and this game. I hope it is fulfilled.  ThumbsUp

Not only all those points, but this is the playoffs.  We shouldn't be afraid of, or want to hide from, any of the teams we could be facing.  Take them down one game at a time, with the hand we're dealt.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as Marv is the head coach, I will never feel confident going into a playoff game.
.....also the thought of DreK covering any of the Steelers receivers makes me want to puke.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:07 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: As long as Marv is the head coach, I will never feel confident going into a playoff game.
.....also the thought of DreK covering any of the Steelers receivers makes me want to puke.

Yeah, I really think Kirkpatrick is a liability and am hoping the line can get enough pressure to nullify his shortcomings.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:32 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, I really think Kirkpatrick is a liability and am hoping the line can get enough pressure to nullify his shortcomings.

With Jones back, he will probably shadow Brown like he did after the first drive of the first Pitt Game. Dre can match up with Bryant physically, and would probably only get beat on a mental error. I think Leon vs. Wheaton will be a wash. We match up relatively well against their receiving core. Just can't give up the bombs to them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  

With Jones back, he will probably shadow Brown like he did after the first drive of the first Pitt Game. Dre can match up with Bryant physically, and would probably only get beat on a mental error. I think Leon vs. Wheaton will be a wash. We match up relatively well against their receiving core. Just can't give up the bombs to them. 

Yeah, I figured that is what we will do.  But Dre having a mental error is what worries me.  I just haven't been impressed with his play lately at all.

Reply/Quote