Poll: How many wins do you realistically expect the Bengals to end the year with?
2 (would tie franchise record low)
1 (new franchise record low)
0 (in consideration for leagues worst ever team)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals aren’t winning any games this year
(11-18-2019, 07:00 PM)jason Wrote: Patriots resting starters in your scenario?

Bad offensive line, no deep threats, Tom Brady having his worst season since 2009, I think Dalton will be starting again, Green and Ross could be back, and it will be the biggest game of the year for the Bengals.
It really depends on what they do at QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 06:56 PM)J24 Wrote: I think we might win 4 but probably 2.
I would say both Jets and Dolphins. Wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Browns and yes I feel stupid in saying this but the we could upset the Patriots.
This is if they go back to Dalton at some point.

I think the Dalton ship has sailed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Bad offensive line, no deep threats, Tom Brady having his worst season since 2009, I think Dalton will be starting again, Green and Ross could be back, and it will be the biggest game of the year for the Bengals.
It really depends on what they do at QB.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, the Patriots would've had a .500 record if their offense hadn't taken a single snap.

I think Dalton's done here. Not done in the NFL, just done here. I don't think Green's playing a snap without an extension. I reeeaally don't see them winning that game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I took 1, they might beat the Jets at home.
Reply/Quote
2 and we'll see some Hobson articles about momentum carrying into next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: Boyd has been underwhelming this season

Yeah, so was Mixon, but I see there may be more there, if they had any help. The offense was bad as a whole and I feel they got caught in the poop show. I could be wrong, and they are one season wonders, but I think they are decent players....but I am a Bengals fan, so what do I know.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 08:43 PM)jason Wrote: Up until a couple of weeks ago, the Patriots would've had a .500 record if their offense hadn't taken a single snap.

I think Dalton's done here. Not done in the NFL, just done here. I don't think Green's playing a snap without an extension. I reeeaally don't see them winning that game.

You're probably right but let me dream lol. I don't think we've seen the last of Dalton this season though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Unless your name is Hue Jackson.

Unless your name is Zac Taylor too. Dude is a clown and if he’s back next season I’ll probably root for someone else
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:49 PM)jason Wrote: 1...

It's hard to go 0-16.

Well, if there's one difficult thing this franchise will accomplish for me as a fan, it would be that. Also I guess I can officially say the moves in free agency and in our staff selection was a complete dud. I still don't mind hanging onto Zac as a coach, but if it's between the whole staff staying and the whole staff leaving I'd rather see them clean house.

If Zac stays we need veteran experienced coaches on the dang staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:49 PM)jason Wrote: 1...

This weekend.

Reply/Quote
I went one with no basis for doing so.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I went one with no basis for doing so.

Oh Yeah I didn't even say what I voted for. I also voted for 1 because I really hope we can win at least one game. I walked into the season thinking we could win 6-8, but that was before our 1st round tackle got hurt, Boling retired, AJ Green never really played, and we went into the season with what 3 LBers? 4? 

I do think injuries plus not upgrading the clear holes we had before even injuries and retirement and continuing to not fill any holes properly in Free Agency partially killed this season from having potential. Not to mention an extremely inexperienced coaching staff. We need to get some veterans in here next season for sure, but at this point I expect us to lose a lot of veterans on the roster this offseason so I'm starting to not even feel good about next season in any way.

I'm also in the camp thinking any wins we get will probably have to come with Dalton at the helm. And I do hope he's here at least one more year 1st overall QB or not I would like him to tutor the next guy at least through his rookie season.

Never thought Dalton was the problem. Was he the greatest QB ever? Of course not but if he ever goes to a team with a strong roster and coaching staff I think he'll surprise everyone.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Oh Yeah I didn't even say what I voted for. I also voted for 1 because I really hope we can win at least one game. I walked into the season thinking we could win 6-8, but that was before our 1st round tackle got hurt, Boling retired, AJ Green never really played, and we went into the season with what 3 LBers? 4? 

I do think injuries plus not upgrading the clear holes we had before even injuries and retirement and continuing to not fill any holes properly in Free Agency partially killed this season from having potential. Not to mention an extremely inexperienced coaching staff. We need to get some veterans in here next season for sure, but at this point I expect us to lose a lot of veterans on the roster this offseason so I'm starting to not even feel good about next season in any way.

I'm also in the camp thinking any wins we get will probably have to come with Dalton at the helm. And I do hope he's here at least one more year 1st overall QB or not I would like him to tutor the next guy at least through his rookie season.

Never thought Dalton was the problem. Was he the greatest QB ever? Of course not but if he ever goes to a team with a strong roster and coaching staff I think he'll surprise everyone.

I had no problem seeing what Finley had, but now I’ve seen it. I don’t know about his future, but right now he is nowhere near an NFL QB. Dalton should be back at the helm, but coaches seem to resist switching back. I guess they think it makes them look indecisive.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I say 2, simply because I see enough professional pride for the team to pull one surprise win, and maybe another over the Redskins. For those thinking that they'll beat the Dolphins or Jets? I'm not so sure, those teams look to have endured their "rock bottom" and are actually playing better, despite their overall records.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I had no problem seeing what Finley had, but now I’ve seen it. I don’t know about his future, but right now he is nowhere near an NFL QB. Dalton should be back at the helm, but coaches seem to resist switching back.  I guess they think it makes them look indecisive.

Lol they are concerned with how they look with an 0-10 record? I personally think at this point they should be going back to Dalton for the rest of the season unless their purpose is to tank, which I mean we aren't making the playoffs so best thing now I reckon would be to secure the #1 pick, but then who's going to want to play with a coaching staff with 1 years experience and a 0-16 record.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Lol they are concerned with how they look with an 0-10 record? I personally think at this point they should be going back to Dalton for the rest of the season unless their purpose is to tank, which I mean we aren't making the playoffs so best thing now I reckon would be to secure the #1 pick, but then who's going to want to play with a coaching staff with 1 years experience and a 0-16 record.

I was going to add that 0-16 seems like a worse look, but what do I know?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I say 2, simply because I see enough professional pride for the team to pull one surprise win, and maybe another over the Redskins.  For those thinking that they'll beat the Dolphins or Jets?  I'm not so sure, those teams look to have endured their "rock bottom" and are actually playing better, despite their overall records.

Am I blind? I don't see the Redskins on the schedule? I got Browns, Browns, Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:44 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Am I blind? I don't see the Redskins on the schedule? I got Browns, Browns, Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins.

Woops, you're absolutely right.  I see them winning two games.  This week versus the Steelers, and one of the Browns games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Woops, you're absolutely right.  I see them winning two games.  This week versus the Steelers, and one of the Browns games.

If I'm being honest we could certainly beat the Browns, who I kept telling everyone around here were going to implode. One because they are the Browns, and like death, taxes, and Cincinnati Bengals you know what to expect out of them, two their huge FA acquisition is a bona fide diva, and thirdly and most importantly their QB is a complete b**** that can't keep his mouth shut and in all honesty doesn't seem as good as he should be.

Patriots no chance in hell they'd let us beat them, but I'm perfectly fine being wrong.

We can't beat the Steelers when we are competitive.

Jets and Dolphins would probably be the most likely wins. Jets don't really have the biggest reason to tank though. Dolphins certainly do but we'd have to win 2 for that to possibly help them and I just don't feel like NFL teams tank much in general.
Reply/Quote