Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Alcoholic Beer
I love to drink beer; however, as I get older it gets harder to get up and at 'em after a night of indulging. So recently I have turned to drinking N/As throughout the week. Bonus if no groggy feeling the next morning and half the calories of Light Beer. Couple questions: what is your opinion on NA beers and if you partake what is your favorite.

I enjoy Bitberger Drive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I find myself in the same situation that you described. However, I have a tough time rationalizing spending money on beer without alcohol in it. What I have been doing, is just having a couple when I get home, and then cutting off at dinner.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't picture you drinking Sunset. You seem like the type of guy that never parties which is a good thing. You seem like a hard worker as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:14 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I can't picture you drinking Sunset. You seem like the type of guy that never parties which is a good thing. You seem like a hard worker as well.

Odd, I picture him as a wild man ripping things apart under the influence of much alcohol.   Ninja   j/k
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Same with you Tiger. I picture you very laid back lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:20 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Same with you Tiger. I picture you very laid back lol.

You're pretty well spot on, I'm too old to be anything but mellow.  But back in the day................
Reply/Quote
Now I picture Johnny cupcakes a wild man lol.
Reply/Quote
Packerbacker, I can picture you raging. Slamming like 20 beers in a 8 hour period and puking all over the sand volleyball court.....waking up in your friends' parents' bed....

I bet you're a wild man.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:24 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Now I picture Johnny cupcakes a wild man lol.

I imagine JC like this:
[Image: Bigfoot-Vandalizes-RV.jpg]
Only with a joint in his mouth.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:24 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Now I picture Johnny cupcakes a wild man lol.

Dude, I'm super square.  I'm the exact opposite of a "wild man".  

...and I'm certainly not like a Bigfoot on weed.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I find myself in the same situation that you described.  However, I have a tough time rationalizing spending money on beer without alcohol in it.  What I have been doing, is just having a couple when I get home, and then cutting off at dinner.

(10-21-2015, 11:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dude, I'm super square.  I'm the exact opposite of a "wild man".  

...and I'm certainly not like a Bigfoot on weed.

I'm only messing with ya. You do seem hilarious though.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Packerbacker, I can picture you raging.  Slamming like 20 beers in a 8 hour period and puking all over the sand volleyball court.....waking up in your friends' parents' bed....

I bet you're a wild man.

I get hungover after 3 beers. No joke. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love to drink beer; however, as I get older it gets harder to get up and at 'em after a night of indulging. So recently I have turned to drinking N/As throughout the week. Bonus if no groggy feeling the next morning and half the calories of Light Beer. Couple questions: what is your opinion on NA beers and if you partake what is your favorite.

I enjoy Bitberger Drive.

I've bartended off and on for the better part of 20 yrs.  My personal opinion of NA beer is it's crap.  Don't get me wrong though, I love beer too and props to you for realizing you can't party like you used to...I'm in the same boat.  But I do like good beer. So what works for me is to drink when I can and don't drink when I can't.  I know it sounds simple but really I enjoy it that way.  Have fun and drink when you can.  Dial it back when you gotta get shit done.

I guess I just feel like I'd rather just have a cup of coffee if i'm not gonna drink.  And if I don't have to get shit done then I'll have a whiskey on the rocks please and thank you. Cheers
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love to drink beer; however, as I get older it gets harder to get up and at 'em after a night of indulging. So recently I have turned to drinking N/As throughout the week. Bonus if no groggy feeling the next morning and half the calories of Light Beer. Couple questions: what is your opinion on NA beers and if you partake what is your favorite.

I enjoy Bitberger Drive.

I know this is difficult to do but if you drink a glass of water between each beer I find the next morning to be quite fine.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Between getting home from my commute from work and going to bed, there's only a few hours to actually do things. I'll usually just sip on a high ABV stout or a dram or two of bourbon over the course of my evening. I drink water other than that, I love water.

I'll never understand why people get home from work and have the need to start slamming down Milwaukee's Best 16 ounce cans or anything though. If you do have that urge, instead of NA beer (which tastes awful to me), why not just drink water, soda, or juice? Unless you're a raging alcoholic with no self control, replacing a few beers with a glass of juice should be pretty simple if your body can't handle the booze anymore.
Reply/Quote

I enjoy Bitberger Drive.

I've had that beer. I'm a big Bitburger fan, anyway, so I had to try out Drive which is definitely not so bad when it comes to NA beers. I've never been one to throw more than two or three down in an evening, though, so I'll stick to my Köstritzer or Bitburger.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 09:39 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Between getting home from my commute from work and going to bed, there's only a few hours to actually do things. I'll usually just sip on a high ABV stout or a dram or two of bourbon over the course of my evening. I drink water other than that, I love water.

I'll never understand why people get home from work and have the need to start slamming down Milwaukee's Best 16 ounce cans or anything though. If you do have that urge, instead of NA beer (which tastes awful to me), why not just drink water, soda, or juice? Unless you're a raging alcoholic with no self control, replacing a few beers with a glass of juice should be pretty simple if your body can't handle the booze anymore.

Some people actually enjoy the taste of beer. If you want to go the route of the taste of beer without the effects of the alcohol then it is a decent option.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Some people actually enjoy the taste of beer. If you want to go the route of the taste of beer without the effects of the alcohol then it is a decent option.

"Beer".

Everyone that I know that drinks those fizzy, yellow tinted, watery AB InBev products do so to get drunk, I've never heard of 1 person being truthful that drinks shitty light lager for the taste.

So I guess I still don't understand why it can't be replaced with something different like juice, unless you somehow love the taste of metallic tasting light watery "beer" Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 11:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: ...and I'm certainly not like a Bigfoot on weed.

I was just kidding, I know what you look like.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: "Beer".

Everyone that I know that drinks those fizzy, yellow tinted, watery AB InBev products do so to get drunk, I've never heard of 1 person being truthful that drinks shitty light lager for the taste.

So I guess I still don't understand why it can't be replaced with something different like juice, unless you somehow love the taste of metallic tasting light watery "beer" Mellow

I mean, if you're just going to be talking about AB stuff, then I get what you're saying. But that's not all there is to beer in the world. For instance, the Bitburger deliciousness bfine and I were discussing.
Reply/Quote