Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Alcoholic Beer
(10-22-2015, 11:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....worked in a Liquor Store all through college....I've about tried them all.  From the old school Falls City to Hofbrau Dunkel to Spaten Optimator...Murphy's Stout...Arrogant Bastard....Newcastle....local microbrews...and so on and so forth.  For my money...nothing beats a cold Yeungling Lager.  Nice flavor, no headache or messed up stomach....a damn fine beer in my book.  As SCS said...water is key....and if I'm overdoing it on a weekend (rare)...I slug a 32 oz Powerade Zero before I lay down...and one as soon as I wake up.

I make Yeungling runs to Ohio....and if I'm travelling in a state that has it , I stock up.

No doubt hydration is the key. When I was stationed in Korea my roommate and I used to give each other IVs in the morning. That would perk you right up. That was many miles ago. 

You and I have talked about the brews before. I grew up on Sterling Big Mouths.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt hydration is the key. When I was stationed in Korea my roommate and I used to give each other IVs in the morning. That would perk you right up. That was many miles ago. 

You and I have talked about the brews before. I grew up on Sterling Big Mouths.  

Yup.....I remember you cutting your teeth on the Sterling from previous discussion.  Sterling is not a bad beer in my opinion.....just another old school brew.

IVs......now that's dedication to your craft ! Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How come I used to be able to give up to 8 points of rep, now it maxes out at 5?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:38 AM)Harmening Wrote: How come I used to be able to give up to 8 points of rep, now it maxes out at 5?

looks like they redid the scale as mine dropped as well but there is negative as well now
Reply/Quote
Ah yes. Didn't catch that. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....worked in a Liquor Store all through college....I've about tried them all.  From the old school Falls City to Hofbrau Dunkel to Spaten Optimator...Murphy's Stout...Arrogant Bastard....Newcastle....local microbrews...and so on and so forth.  For my money...nothing beats a cold Yeungling Lager.  Nice flavor, no headache or messed up stomach....a damn fine beer in my book.  As SCS said...water is key....and if I'm overdoing it on a weekend (rare)...I slug a 32 oz Powerade Zero before I lay down...and one as soon as I wake up.

I make Yeungling runs to Ohio....and if I'm travelling in a state that has it , I stock up.

Yikes!  If I did that I'd be up all night pissing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:05 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It's not a stereotype.

Beer tasting is one of my hobbies that I take very seriously. I know more than you'd ever imagine about the subject. Assuming that I'm stereotyping is sheer ignorance.

You still don't get it.

What if a five star chef called you stupid because of some of the "shitty food" that you liked?  What if a professional musician called you stupid because you liked "shitty music"?  

Would you just agree with them and acknowledge that their expertise should control what you like?

See my point now?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 03:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yikes!  If I did that I'd be up all night pissing.

You ain't gettin drunk enough brother...... Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When I was stationed in Korea my roommate and I used to give each other IVs in the morning.

Non-alcoholic beer and your male roommate inserting an "IV" in you in the morning........ Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You're really upset about this. Mellow 

Edit:  I thought I quoted the guy with yoda for his avatar.   I have no idea WTF happened to this post?!
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen it for some time (haven't been looking for it either), but Sam Adam's NA tasted pretty damn close to Boston Lager. I was pleasantly surprised by that, as there don't seem to be many flavorful NAs.

They need to start making NA bourbon so I can drink bourbon and cokes at work!
Reply/Quote
I equate my love for cheap beer like my love for Totinos Party Pizzas. I swear that there is melted white Legos on top of them, but every once in a while, I can't help but eating a couple of slices of it.

(and no, it's not after I've had too many cheap beers)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:23 PM)Harmening Wrote: I equate my love for cheap beer like my love for Totinos Party Pizzas. I swear that there is melted white Legos on top of them, but every once in a while, I can't help but eating a couple of slices of it.

(and no, it's not after I've had too many cheap beers)

Melted white Lego   LOL Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote