Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Wildman Walker lost his mind?
He was on the Ken Broo show defending Marvin Lewis.

According to Wildman, it doesn't matter that Under Marvin, the Bengals have no signature wins, have played below their talent level, have only managed 8 wins in 30 games against Steelahs, and have no real legacy. None of this is important because they are usually competitive during the regular season. Really? That's all he wants from the Bengals? SAD!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Won't somebody please think of the children '90s?!!!

[Image: helen-lovejoy-pic.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 12:52 PM)Antares Wrote: He was on the Ken Broo show defending Marvin Lewis.

According to Wildman, it doesn't matter that Under Marvin, the Bengals have no signature wins, have played below their talent level, have only managed 8 wins in 30 games against Steelahs, and have no real legacy. None of this is important because they are usually competitive during the regular season. Really? That's all he wants from the Bengals? SAD!!!!!

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKoAAAAJDlmZDQ4ZmI0LTM1ODkt...MTc3ZA.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 01:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKoAAAAJDlmZDQ4ZmI0LTM1ODkt...MTc3ZA.jpg]
The local media is the main reason that Marvin is still here. He owns them. They refuse to offer any real critisizm of him. They need to stop the cheerleading. They love to talk about makimg the playoffs. Making the playoffs is a waste for a team with superbowl talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 01:18 PM)Antares Wrote: The local media is the main reason that Marvin is still here. He owns them. They refuse to offer any real critisizm of him. They need to stop the cheerleading. They love to talk about makimg the playoffs. Making the playoffs is a waste for a team with superbowl talent.

That is the common rebuttle,"They have made the playoffs 5 years in a row!" Who really cares .make a playoff run for once.wild card weekend is our super bowl and we can never win our super bowl but we can make it!
Reply/Quote
The goal is to win titles, not to be slightly above average in regular season. If you're not winning titles, you have to at least see progress. Marv has never progressed beyond the first round and the team actually regressed this season.

Sometimes I think the soft media coverage in the Nati helps the Bengals stay comfortable. When is the last time we saw an article that was critical of Mike, Marvin and co?

Everything reads like a Hobson article these days. Makes me wonder if the Bengals deny access if they see something they don't like.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yes he has. Over 25 years ago.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 02:46 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: That is the common rebuttle,"They have made the playoffs 5 years in a row!" Who really cares .make a playoff run for once.wild card weekend is our super bowl and we can never win our super bowl but we can make it!

No one wants to think about this, but I believe they could have beat Denver last year if Dalton doesn't break his thumb.  To be fair, if the steelers had Bell and Brown, they likely could have as well...but the Bengals were the better team last year with Dalton.  

It doesn't make it easier to accept, but there are some things that are out of your control.  A fluke injury is one of them.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 12:52 PM)Antares Wrote: He was on the Ken Broo show defending Marvin Lewis.

The better question is when did he ever have it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's called Wildman Walker, not Saneman Walker.
Reply/Quote
Met him one time. My first thought, overwhelmingly, I might add, was, why doesn't this guy bathe? One of the smelliest dudes I've ever met.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He's called Wildman Walker, not Saneman Walker.

And makes about as much sense as "Hershel Walker."

Reply/Quote
While Marvin's results have been mediocre...he is part of a larger Management structure that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

It's difficult to come into a team that doesn't win playoff games and create a culture that expects winning them.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:02 PM)McC Wrote: Met him one time.  My first thought, overwhelmingly, I might add, was, why doesn't this guy bathe?  One of the smelliest dudes I've ever met.

...Then you took a bite from your tuna on rye sandwich?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is he any relation to Fredtoast ?
Reply/Quote
Good is the enemy of great. Its good to make the playoffs. Its great to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No one wants to think about this, but I believe they could have beat Denver last year if Dalton doesn't break his thumb.  To be fair, if the steelers had Bell and Brown, they likely could have as well...but the Bengals were the better team last year with Dalton.  

It doesn't make it easier to accept, but there are some things that are out of your control.  A fluke injury is one of them.  

They had the Steelers beat and might have beaten Denver with AJ but for the massive, unprecedented ( except for Bengals) and stupid coaching job and melt down in last 2 minutes of playoff game.

Marvin should have been fired the next day and we should have tried to sign Mack during free agency. Hoe many games do we need to see Bodine completely destroyed by 3-4 nose tackles before we finally get the idea that he is way below average?

How many years does our running game need to be awful before they fire Alexander?
Reply/Quote