Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not CJ...
Insulting but it comes with the territory when players switch teams. First he chooses JETS over Bengals, then he ignores the great rookie classes we've had the last 3 years.... Hope it was all worth it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
"a while" could mean a few months.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Insulting but it comes with the territory when players switch teams. First he chooses JETS over Bengals, then he ignores the great rookie classes we've had the last 3 years.... Hope it was all worth it.

Maybe he just means that when players are that woefully bad they usually give up earlier.
Reply/Quote
He definitely shouldve said something like "These guys work hard but not as hard as the Bengals young players did".
Reply/Quote
Proof that Robert Saleh is better at building culture than Zac Taylor.

Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
Yeah totally pathetic work ethic by Burrow and Chase lol.
Reply/Quote
OMG a free agent is complementary of his New team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 03:36 PM)J24 Wrote: OMG a free agent is complementary of his New team.

right like whats he gonna say.

My new teammates suck?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 03:36 PM)J24 Wrote: OMG a free agent is complementary of his New team.

Yeah, exactly. You know how everyone loved CJ because he was a great locker-room presence here? He is doing that for his new team. This is nothing.
Reply/Quote
Lol. He’s the king of hype. He can’t say anything else or it’ll seem like he’s not invested with them. How many times have you seen players come here and say something similar. It’s just being a good encouraging teammate.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Proof that Robert Saleh is better at building culture than Zac Taylor.

Ninja  
Facepalm
Reply/Quote
His role on that team is mentor, so he's being a cheerleader for the young Jets players. I wouldn't look too far into it.
Reply/Quote
Why not us?
Reply/Quote
Well he has to say something to lift that shit franchise up.

“These guys are trying but they ain’t shit compared the last 2 years of rookies I worked with.”

That doesn’t really sound good if you’re on the Jets.
Reply/Quote
It's overblown, but it would have been nice to see him say something like this:

"These young guys work ethic reminds of the guys in Cincy, and look what we did there. We can do the same thing here"
Reply/Quote
Was he asked about it or did he just make it a point to come out and say it? That makes a huge difference because, if he was asked about it, like was mentioned in here, what's he going to say? "They're a bunch of bums!"

Or he's already regretting his decision to switch teams and is just trying to cover it up/convince himself otherwise by talking up his current team.

Personally, I hope it lights a fire under our young guys' asses to work hard, go into New Jersey, dominate them, and then say "work harder, CJ!"
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ.

He spoke highly of his teammates. It has nothing to do with the Bengals. The end.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 03:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right like whats he gonna say.

My new teammates suck?

(05-11-2022, 03:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, exactly. You know how everyone loved CJ because he was a great locker-room presence here? He is doing that for his new team. This is nothing.

Right

It could be the worst team he's ever played for and he's still gonna be singing their praises.
Reply/Quote
Well to be fair he didn't say it was good.

maybe they're lazy and it's been a while since CJ saw that here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I watched the entire interview. It was CJ being CJ. He was not trying to insult his former team he was raving about the new team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote