Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Even in the Same Galaxy
(01-23-2017, 10:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Don't forget Piano Man vs Dante Scarnecchia.....the Pats o line put on a clinic.  O line coaches around the league show our game film as an example of how NOT to play up front.  Brady had ALL DAY back there....our QBs don't get a quarter of that time.

Tom Brady had eight to ten seconds to find an open receiver. I counted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At this point, im willing to bet Bellichick could make Andy Dalton look like the greatest QB of all time. 

Brady is good, but hes also a product of his environment. Look at what happened to Matt Cassel when he filled in for Brady when he was hurt and then when he got traded. 

Bellichick is the greatest football mind of all time. Dude has just mastered his craft. 

I just heard them talking on MIKE and MIKE about how the Patriots are the most disciplined team in the NFL, and they are. Like they said the Pats just don't blink, they make you blink. That's the key, that's what we're missing.

We're a totally undisciplined cluster $#%^ that folds under the slightest pressure. Mike and Marvin allow whatever ! The accountability has to start at the top.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: At this point, im willing to bet Bellichick could make Andy Dalton look like the greatest QB of all time. 

Brady is good, but hes also a product of his environment. Look at what happened to Matt Cassel when he filled in for Brady when he was hurt and then when he got traded. 

Bellichick is the greatest football mind of all time. Dude has just mastered his craft. 

Yes, he is a great coach, and when your o line gives your QB up to 8 seconds to find a receiver, good things are going to happen, no matter who is back there.  Receivers get open, the QB can scan the entire field, the sidelines, the cheerleaders, and the concession stand.  Brady deserves credit for executing and leading though.  He's no slouch.

They're creative. I loved the play with the fake handoff, the fake reverse, then the throw up the seam.  It was a thing of beauty, but Brady threw it behind a wide open receiver.  Our fans crucify our QB for that.  Andy is much better than the credit he gets.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Amen brother !

You can talk about Brady, Manning, Rodgers, AJ, Julio Jones, Megatron, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc. all you want. But the game is won and lost in the trenches. 

The Falcons went out and got Mack, look where they are. We keep trying to roll out Bodine and Ogbuehi because PA likes them, look where we are. 

What are you talking about?  Free agency doesn't work.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What are you talking about?  Free agency doesn't work.

Yep...the Falcons actually brought in a bunch of free agents and rookies.

Something like 7 new starters on their defense from last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What are you talking about?  Free agency doesn't work.

Just look at Washington and Miami.... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just look at Washington and Miami.... Mellow

We're better than the Browns!   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep...the Falcons actually brought in a bunch of free agents and rookies.

Freeney, Sanu, Mack......but hey, we didn't need Mack, we had Piano Man's protege at C!

Reply/Quote

This is the equivalent to saying Montana isn't the best because he had Rice. You can't penalize a guy for his environment. Oh and they missed the playoffs with Cassel. If the Patriots win the super bowl this year there will no longer be an argument. Brady will be the unquestioned GOAT. Personally, I think he already is, but I can see counter arguments.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was pretty great watching the Steelers get beat down. That flea flicker was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Freeney, Sanu, Mack......but hey, we didn't need Mack, we had Piano Man's protege at C!

Had we signed Mack...we wouldn't have money to retain Zeitler!  Sarcasm There is more risk signing external free agents. Draft picks are a more sure thing.  Sarcasm

That's the biggest myth out there. About 2 of our 7 draft picks on a given year are here more than 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:33 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This is the equivalent to saying Montana isn't the best because he had Rice. You can't penalize a guy for his environment. Oh and they missed the playoffs with Cassel. If the Patriots win the super bowl this year there will no longer be an argument. Brady will be the unquestioned GOAT. Personally, I think he already is, but I can see counter arguments.

How am I punishing Brady for having Bellichick? I agree with you that Brady is unbelievable. I think hes the best QB of all time. 

I just dont think he would be near who he is now without Bellichick. Its not really punishing the guy because I still think hes the GOAT, just being realistic. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Boys, NE wins the trenches.  It all snowballs from there.

Reply/Quote
Belichick and Brady have been to SEVEN superbowls! My thread got moved, but I think this is pertinent. Marvin and the Bengals can't win a single playoff game.

Maybe NE cheats, they have. But seven superbowls? Wtf! Forget how many they actually win (which is still a ton).

What would happen if Marvin was coaching NE and Bill was coaching Cincy? What would happen if Andy and Tom were switched? Is their team that much more talented? No...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tom Brady had eight to ten seconds to find an open receiver.  I counted.

That's true. The dude is a statue in the pocket.

Is it at any way possible that Andy wasn't vocal enough and is too nice out there? I know Tom isn't, he yells at people...you have got to protect the QB. This includes yelling at idiotic coaches that populate the Bengals staff.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 04:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true. The dude is a statue in the pocket.

Is it at any way possible that Andy wasn't vocal enough and is too nice out there? I know Tom isn't, he yells at people...you have got to protect the QB. This includes yelling at idiotic coaches that populate the Bengals staff.

If Dalton did that, he'd never have time to actually play. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 02:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not making much. Think like 8 million? Could be wrong. And yeah now it came out that facebook told him to do a locker room one and he did. Teammates can't be happy. 

Antonio Brown had a base salary of $1.275 mill and a prorated bonus of $10.608 mill. He counted nearly $12 million against the cap in 2016.
He is set to make over $13.5 million next year, and then he hits FA (potentially) in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why can't Cincinnati make the Steelers look like a third string peewee team like the Patriots are doing right now? New England is tearing the Pittsburgh defense a new one and making it look easy.  Tom Brady has as much time to throw as he wants.  

On defense the Patriots are playing nickel on every play and stuffing LeVeon Bell at the line no matter how patient he is.  It's almost like their linebackers match Bell's timing into each gap.

Coaching wins championships....

Sad for us but all too true.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep...the Falcons actually brought in a bunch of free agents and rookies.

No, no, no... don't you know that it takes a player at least 2-3 years before he learns the "system"?  Before you can really expect any production out of him??  Well, that is the line we're told around here.

I know that it has been brought up, but I kept thinking about Chris Hogan.  A guy who played college lacrosse and one year of football.  No how, no way would the Bengals get production like that out of him.  We would constantly hear about his potential, but then would be told how he is "still learning the game" and how he was picked up as a project. 

You look at a franchise like New England and know that the Bengals will never be in the same stratosphere.  As Bengals' fans, we are left to get excited when Pittsburgh fails to make it to the Super Bowl.  Pretty sad when you think about it...
Reply/Quote
And Shitzburg accusations of cheating begins in 3, 2, 1... Refs all in their pockets, the league is fixed, Bell still suffering from effects of Burficts hit(s), etc. etc. etc. and so on and so forth..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote